X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Barbaraann
    Chicago Gal
    • Apr 2005

Trip Report Happiness is using 4 Day Parkhopper!

Happiness is using a 4 Day Parkhopper at Disneyland and DCA.

I live in Chicago, so I have to travel through Ohare Airport to get to Anaheim, California where Disneyland is located. The first thing that I noticed at my home town's airport was this huge skeleton of a dinosaur. I snapped a few pictures, and then I was on my way to gate #B12.

I settled in at my gate, and soon realized that my iPad had absolutely no power. I surmised that I had not turned it off correctly. I looked for one of those charging stations, and I soon settled for just a regular outlet. I discovered that I would not have time to charge it up again before my flight took off.

While I was distracted by the iPad problem, I also realized that I was sitting at the wrong gate. It was lucky for me that the correct gate was right next store at #B11.

Shortly after settling in at #B11, an announcement was made that our flight would be delayed. I sat a little dazed that my vacation was getting off to a rocky start. A 2nd announcement was made shortly after that we would all have to move to Gate #C29, and our flight would depart about a 1/2 hour late. This turned out to be false, and our plane actually touched down in Santa Anna an hour late. I was never so bored during a plane trip. If only I could learn how to nap on an airplane.

I was picked up at the airport by a friend from MiceChat and his wife. That part went really well, and I was actually at my hotel about 7 p.m. in the evening. So, all in all, I spent about 8 1/2 hours traveling.

Too late to go to Disneyland, but then I knew that when I planned the trip. I would have the next 4 full days to enjoy the two parks, and hop to my heart's content, and I did plenty of that.
    Last edited by Barbaraann; 06-03-2012, 09:32 PM.
    BarbaraAnn

• sbk1234
    formerly very helpful
    • Sep 2007

Re: Happiness is using 4 Day Parkhopper!

A nice start, but I want to see more!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ip-report.html
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...something.html

No matter where you go, there you are.

Comment

• Fantasmico!
      Merry 2014!
      • Apr 2005

Yay! A Barbarann Trip Report! Almost like being there.

Hope that iPad wasn't your only entertainment option on board.
      Sig by Poisonedapples!

Comment

• penguinsoda
        Jester of Randomness
        MiceChat Moderator
        • Jan 2005

Trip report!!! Whooo Hooooo!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
        all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Comment

• Barbaraann
          Chicago Gal
          • Apr 2005

I stayed at a hotel called Dolphin's Cove. My husband and I own points in Wyndham, so this vacation was costing me points, rather than regular dollars. I really liked the resort, despite the fact that it is the furthest hotel that I have stayed at during all my total Disneyland trips.

Last edited by Barbaraann; 06-03-2012, 09:44 PM.
          BarbaraAnn

Comment

• Rex Dopey24
            Goofy
            • Jul 2006

can't wait for more.

Comment

• my7dwarves
              sleepy lagoon
              • Jul 2009

Can't wait to see all your pics!!

Comment

• Barbaraann
                Chicago Gal
                • Apr 2005

After I checked in, and checked out my room, I took a very long walk down Harbor Blvd in the dark, because I wanted to eat dinner at Tony Roma's. That restaurant is almost directly across from Disneyland. Just because I wasn't going to visit the park that first night, didn't mean that I couldn't go give a "look-see" to what was going on in the Esplanade.

I had a chicken sandwich that had bacon, and jack cheese on it. I also had their sweet potato fries, which were so yummy. They are served with a maple-syrupy dipping sauce. I washed it all down with raspberry ice tea.
                BarbaraAnn

Comment

• The Disney Ninja
                  Quiet As A Mouse!
                  • Mar 2010

Can't wait to see more!! Keep them coming!!!!
                  I Get In. I Get Out. I Never Get Noticed!
                  - From "Prep And Landing"

Comment

• Barbaraann
                    Chicago Gal
                    • Apr 2005

Just as I was coming out of Tony Roma's, and I was about to cross Harbor Blvd, I heard the fireworks over my head. I stayed there for a while, and attempted to get some decent photos of the fireworks. As you can see, I need help in that department.

---------- Post added 06-04-2012 at 08:26 AM ----------

I took my first picture on this trip of the Disneyland Entrance Sign, and then I crossed over Harbor Blvd. Each and every time I do this, I am reminded of my home town of Chicago, which has the same types of streets, crosswalks, and traffic lights. If only ........

---------- Post added 06-04-2012 at 08:29 AM ----------

I wanted to get some night pictures of the new entrance to California Adventure which I will now call DCA from this point on in my trip report. They started out pretty bad, but they got a little bit better, even before editing,

---------- Post added 06-04-2012 at 08:33 AM ----------

I also took some photos of the Disneyland Entrance as well. Not so good photos, by the way. They got better later on in my my visit.

---------- Post added 06-04-2012 at 08:37 AM ----------

I noticed that you could see the top of the Carthay Circle Theatre, so I took a few photos of that.

I also noticed the very tip top of the Fun Wheel in one of my photos, which I thought was kind of cool at the time. I believe that I was taking that photo, during the night's 2nd showing of World Of Color.

---------- Post added 06-04-2012 at 08:46 AM ----------

There were beautiful roses everywhere, and my last photo of the night was to be of the very popular Mickey Benches that are a favorite of my mine.

Last edited by Barbaraann; 06-04-2012, 05:47 AM.
                    BarbaraAnn

Comment

• Barbaraann
                      Chicago Gal
                      • Apr 2005

I got a really good night's sleep in my hotel, and since I was up quite early, I decided that Tuesday would be my early entry day. I even posted that very thing on MiceChat that morning. I loved the fact that my iPad was now fully charged, and that my room wifi worked perfectly. Next time, I will pack a little extra something to do on the flight out, rather than just the iPad.

I have made the photos smaller for this trip report, because they load a whole lot quicker. I shot them all at the best resolution, so they shouldn't be too bad overall.

Here is the door to my room. I was very close to the lobby, and very close to the pool. I didn't use the pool, but had I know how hot it would get in the afternoon, I might have been tempted to take advantage of a dip in the pool, and a soak in the hot tub. I had to pass through the pool area, each day, on the way out of the resort

I also passed by this very small fountain, that was located on Orangewood Avenue. It marked the spot where one must turn in, in order to access the lobby.

Last edited by Barbaraann; 06-04-2012, 08:07 AM.
                      BarbaraAnn

Comment

• biggsworth
                        MiceChatter
                        • Apr 2009

Nice trip report so far. I always enjoy your TRs they are so much fun to read I always stay next to that Tony Romas at the Ramada it;s part of the Wyndym rewards network so i use my points there and the HOJO of course!!! Can't wait to see more!!!!
                        These are some of my favorite TRs I have posted

DL 55th BDAY trip report
                        My company had a special night at the park
                        WdW trip report with WWoHP
                        NYE 2011 trip report
                        Mice Chat 7th anniversary
                        Leap year 24 hour report
                        New DCA trip report
                        NYE 2012
                        HKDL trip report

Comment

• Barbaraann
                          Chicago Gal
                          • Apr 2005

There's a Denny's restaurant on the corner of Harbor and Orangewood. I could have eaten there, but I never did that during my trip.

---------- Post added 06-04-2012 at 11:12 AM ----------

I could have used my ART pass that first morning, and caught the bus near the Travelodge Hotel, but I decided to walk instead. These are some of the locations that I passed. One of them being the Candy Cane Inn, which I have stayed at, and enjoyed.

Last edited by Barbaraann; 06-04-2012, 08:25 AM.
                          BarbaraAnn

Comment

• ducktalesfan5555
                            Quintessential Studmuffin
                            • Aug 2009

Moar!

Comment

• Barbaraann
                              Chicago Gal
                              • Apr 2005

I saw Palm Trees, and if you happen to know me, you know that I just love the California Palm Trees.

---------- Post added 06-04-2012 at 11:38 AM ----------

I have this thing about signs. I love to take pictures of them. What better street to pass by on a stroll to Disneyland in the early morning, than one called Disney Way.

---------- Post added 06-04-2012 at 12:11 PM ----------

Here is the back of that sign that I took a picture of the front of on my first night. It thanked me for coming. I guess it didn't realize I was going in for the first time.

---------- Post added 06-04-2012 at 12:13 PM ----------

Surprisingly enough, I love these sights. It means I am getting very close to where I want to be. I was fortunate, in that I could take either Bus #1, 0r bus #3 to my resort.

---------- Post added 06-04-2012 at 12:24 PM ----------

Now make sure you are prepared before you get to the Security Tent. It makes things go a whole lot faster.

---------- Post added 06-04-2012 at 12:27 PM ----------

The DCA entrance looked really cool in the morning light. Again, notice the Carthay Circle in the background.

---------- Post added 06-04-2012 at 12:43 PM ----------

They were a little late letting people into the park that morning, but I wasn't in too much of a hurry. I wanted to savor the moment of being back in my beloved Disneyland. There are some pictures that I always take. The clock, the floral, and the sign on the tunnel.

Last edited by Barbaraann; 06-04-2012, 09:47 AM.
                              BarbaraAnn

Comment

• coopercaseycody
                                Triple Goddess
                                • Apr 2008

:yea: I love reading your adventures, Barbara!
                                This may date me, but I remember when the Dolphin's Cove Resort used to be apartments. I grew up in that area of Anaheim and there used to be a "Thrifty" market right there on the corner of Orangewood and Harbor. My brother and I would walk or ride our bikes there.

Comment

• ScottG
                                  Done with MC.
                                  • May 2007

Your toying with us Barbarann!
                                  We can't take much more, show us DLR!!! :yea:

BTW, love the pics so far.

Comment

• Barbaraann
                                    Chicago Gal
                                    • Apr 2005

I have switched to larger photos. The small ones just aren't satisfactory enough.

Now, I am not one of those people who rushes down Main Street to their favorite attraction. I take my time, and I perhaps take way too many pictures. I travel alone, and when I do, the camera is out. I have noticed, that when I am with others, I take a whole lot less pictures. I like the alone time, and the companion time, but I really like looking at the pictures when I get home. I hope you like looking at a small amount of them here.

Coming out on the other side of that right tunnel, is of course City Hall. It is many times one of the first photos that I snap in Town Square.

---------- Post added 06-04-2012 at 03:19 PM ----------

My destination on this particular morning was Fantasyland. This is the path that I traveled, and what I saw along the way.

---------- Post added 06-04-2012 at 03:37 PM ----------

I wasn't the only one out for a stroll that morning through the castle walkway. I passed this family of ducks.

Last edited by Barbaraann; 06-04-2012, 12:40 PM.
                                    BarbaraAnn

Comment

• ravencroft
                                      MiceChatter
                                      • Jul 2005

Those large and beautiful palms are Canary Island palms. California Palms are taller and more skinny. They have frawns that have long stems with folding fans on the ends. Some owners don't clean the California Palms and the frawns fold down to cover the upper portion of the trunk.

---------- Post added 06-04-2012 at 01:50 PM ----------

Thank you for your trip reports. So thorough and sincere. I appreciate.
                                      --
                                      http://www.bewaterwise.com

Comment

• Barbaraann
                                        Chicago Gal
                                        • Apr 2005

Originally posted by sbk1234 View Post
                                        A nice start, but I want to see more!
                                        Originally posted by Fantasmico! View Post
                                        Yay! A Barbarann Trip Report! Almost like being there.

Hope that iPad wasn't your only entertainment option on board.
                                        Originally posted by penguinsoda View Post
                                        Trip report!!! Whooo Hooooo!
                                        Originally posted by Rex Dopey24 View Post
                                        can't wait for more.
                                        Originally posted by my7dwarves View Post
                                        Can't wait to see all your pics!!
                                        Originally posted by The Disney Ninja View Post
                                        Can't wait to see more!! Keep them coming!!!!
                                        I guess the key word here is "more". Yes there is more. Lots more.

Originally posted by biggsworth View Post
                                        Nice trip report so far. I always enjoy your TRs they are so much fun to read I always stay next to that Tony Romas at the Ramada it;s part of the Wyndym rewards network so i use my points there and the HOJO of course!!! Can't wait to see more!!!!
                                        I am saving my Wyndham's Rewards. I have their credit card, and I am trying to earn enough so that I can get some hotel nights for my next trip.

Originally posted by cakvalasc
                                        Ah!!! Fastasmic trip report keep it coming and I hope you having a blast!
                                        I did have a blast. Next time, it will be a bigger blast, with the opening of Carsland already happening.

Originally posted by ducktalesfan5555 View Post
                                        Moar!
                                        Originally posted by coopercaseycody View Post
                                        :yea: I love reading your adventures, Barbara!
                                        This may date me, but I remember when the Dolphin's Cove Resort used to be apartments. I grew up in that area of Anaheim and there used to be a "Thrifty" market right there on the corner of Orangewood and Harbor. My brother and I would walk or ride our bikes there.
                                        Yes, I have heard that Dolphin's Cove was once an apartment complex. I enjoyed my stay there, and it was very quiet.

Originally posted by ScottG View Post
                                        Your toying with us Barbarann!
                                        We can't take much more, show us DLR!!! :yea:

BTW, love the pics so far.
                                        Don't worry there is definitely lots and lots of pictures coming your way.

Originally posted by ravencroft View Post
                                        Those large and beautiful palms are Canary Island palms. California Palms are taller and more skinny. They have frawns that have long stems with folding fans on the ends. Some owners don't clean the California Palms and the frawns fold down to cover the upper portion of the trunk.

---------- Post added 06-04-2012 at 01:50 PM ----------

Thank you for your trip reports. So thorough and sincere. I appreciate.
                                        I love palm trees. I don't know the different species. I just know that I like them. They are definitely a whole lot different than the trees that we have in Chicago. Especially the very invasive Maple Trees.
                                        BarbaraAnn

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X