• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jsanch2
    MiceChatter
    • Mar 2010

News Special June 15th DCA Merch Event

Just saw this on the parks blog... sounds like a cool event with some special commemorative merch available!

Can you feel the excitement in the air? I know I can! Buena Vista Street, Cars Land, Mad T PartyDisney ParksDisney Animation Building in Disney California Adventure park.

Last edited by NeverNeverland; 06-04-2012, 05:50 PM. Reason: edited for copyright

• SoCalFan
    Buena Vista St. & Red Car
    • Nov 2005

Re: Special June 15th DCA Merch Event

Checked out the Merchandise Catalog, not a good idea lol. I want SOOO much of it! Some really great stuff in there for DCA, BVS, and Cars Land. Now to narrow down what I REALLY want to get on June 15th...plus there is the regular BVS and Cars Land merchandise available...ah!

Comment

• biggsworth
      MiceChatter
      • Apr 2009

Wish I could go and get in there early enough to get some of those pins.
      These are some of my favorite TRs I have posted

DL 55th BDAY trip report
      My company had a special night at the park
      WdW trip report with WWoHP
      NYE 2011 trip report
      Mice Chat 7th anniversary
      Leap year 24 hour report
      New DCA trip report
      NYE 2012
      HKDL trip report

Comment

• WorldDisney
        Banned User
        • Jul 2007

Thats weird, how come its being held in the Animation building? They have have several news stores in lands this merchandised will be based on, why dont they actually have it in them?

No big deal, just curious.

But wow that new logo is pretty darn cool!!! Will that be the new official DCA logo or is that just for opening day?

Comment

• nonob88
          Dream in wonderful color!
          • Jan 2005

Originally posted by WorldDisney View Post
          Thats weird, how come its being held in the Animation building? They have have several news stores in lands this merchandised will be based on, why dont they actually have it in them?

No big deal, just curious.
          The stores in the park will be selling the regular line of merchandise for BVS and Cars Land. This collection is especially made for the June 15th grand reopening and I think it will be sold on that day only.

It seems like they want a separate location for the people who will want to grab the Limited Edition items first (and probably wait in long lines for it!)
          - Adventure Is Waiting -

"We're going to take you out of this world of reality for a visit to the most fantastic of all the worlds of fantasy." - Walt Disney

Comment

• DuffyGuardian
            Adventures with Duffy
            • Sep 2005

Thanks for posting. I can only imagining how long these lines will be. It maybe easier to get on the new rides lol.
            Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
            Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
            :love:Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011:love:

Comment

• Coheteboy
              Starcruiser.. crash crash
              MiceChat Moderator
              • Sep 2005

I'd only consider getting the statue. But even still... i have other things I'd rather have for $200.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
              http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
              http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

• SpiritOfAdventure
                Sock Puppet
                • Jan 2012

There is a good selection of different merchandise. I think I am going to get the Carthay Opening Day Pin since my girlfriend and I will be the first lunch and first dinner seating. Very excited for that. My only disappointment is nothing with Oswald on it. I know "It all started with a mouse," but it would have been nice to have one small item with him and mickey on it.

Comment

• ohmyjustin
                  MiceChatter
                  • Jan 2012

OMG OMG OMG. I'm freaking out. I wish I could snatch up about 1/3 of the things in that pdf. I love it all. The colors and design is all so wonderful and even though DCA was never close to my heart before this new burst of magic, I feel that I've almost grown up with it...watched it grow...which is completely untrue. Maybe I'm getting carried away with all this.

I can only hope that people limit themselves and don't buy everything, especially some of those absolutely gorgeous pins, but I'm very doubtful. I'll be there on the 16th to avoid the Deluxe AP crowds, but I don't think there'll be many remains for me to scrounge up.

Comment

• JerrodDRagon
                    Adventure First, Ad Last
                    • Mar 2006

Pretty cool.....anyone but me love that Art..with Mickey and Walt on it?
                    Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

• TDRFAN25
                      Disney Geek
                      • Jan 2009

Will the statue only be available that day or will they have an another statue that they will offer to everybody else not able to go that day like myself but will hopefully go this summer
                      Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Visited/Future Visits:

Disneyland Resort: 1987/1989/1992/1994/2000/2011/2014/2016/2017,2018,2019,2021

Walt Disney World Resort: 2019,2022

Tokyo Disney Resort: 2009, 2018

Disneyland Resort Paris: ???

Hong Kong Disneyland Resort: 2018

Comment

• WorldDisney
                        Banned User
                        • Jul 2007

Originally posted by nonob88 View Post
                        The stores in the park will be selling the regular line of merchandise for BVS and Cars Land. This collection is especially made for the June 15th grand reopening and I think it will be sold on that day only.

It seems like they want a separate location for the people who will want to grab the Limited Edition items first (and probably wait in long lines for it!)
                        Ok, gotcha! Its only for opening day! Oh wow, when this gets out the Disney nerds will be camping out two days now lol. I dont buy Disney souvineers save an odd T shirt or souvineer book here and there, but man I LOVE that logo! If they have it in a pin or even a hat, I just might buy that alone!

Comment

• Joseph28
                          New MiceChatter
                          • Jun 2012

much appreciated

Comment

• jsanch2
                            MiceChatter
                            • Mar 2010

Just trying to gauge when I should be heading to the park on the 15th... anybody have any knowledge how fast these LE release pins will go? I was probably planning on trying to get over to the park about 30 mins before opening... I know the line to get in will probably be huge by that point, but as long as I would have a chance to get some of those pins then I don't care what time I actually get into the park. Any guidance would be appreciated

Comment

• Julieandtheboys
                              ThinkingOfMermaidLagoons
                              • May 2012

Originally posted by jsanch2 View Post
                              Just trying to gauge when I should be heading to the park on the 15th... anybody have any knowledge how fast these LE release pins will go? I was probably planning on trying to get over to the park about 30 mins before opening... I know the line to get in will probably be huge by that point, but as long as I would have a chance to get some of those pins then I don't care what time I actually get into the park. Any guidance would be appreciated
                              I was thinking about this too. The part that I was slightly concerned about was the total number of pins available. Doesn't the catalog say 1000 to 2000 for each pin? If there are people (like me) who would go in and buy one of each then I am thinking they will run out by mid-morning. But I don't know how this works. I know that it will be crowded but I have no real sense of how long the lines are going to be. Am I going get stuck in a 3 hour line just to get to the merchandise?

I also wonder how many people they let in when the doors open. Is it just a steady stream? If you have been waiting in line for a few hours how long will it take you to get in once the park actually opens?

Comment

• jsanch2
                                MiceChatter
                                • Mar 2010

Originally posted by Julieandtheboys View Post
                                I was thinking about this too. The part that I was slightly concerned about was the total number of pins available. Doesn't the catalog say 1000 to 2000 for each pin? If there are people (like me) who would go in and buy one of each then I am thinking they will run out by mid-morning. But I don't know how this works. I know that it will be crowded but I have no real sense of how long the lines are going to be. Am I going get stuck in a 3 hour line just to get to the merchandise?

I also wonder how many people they let in when the doors open. Is it just a steady stream? If you have been waiting in line for a few hours how long will it take you to get in once the park actually opens?
                                Yeah, so most of the pins have an edition size of 2000, there is one pin (the walt and mickey in front of the carthay) that has only 1000 and the pin that says "I Was There" has an edition of 5000... hopefully it won't be impossible to get something. Also based on what I heard from some friends who attended one more disney day, they got in line around 5:30am and were located down near the tower of terror on Harbor in and they said they were through the gates about 20-30 mins after park opening... Who know if turn out over night will be as big as it was for OMDD, I think the fact that there is not a free giveaway like the ears might cut down on the people camping overnight, but we won't know until June 15th

Comment

• Julieandtheboys
                                  ThinkingOfMermaidLagoons
                                  • May 2012

Originally posted by jsanch2 View Post
                                  Also based on what I heard from some friends who attended one more disney day, they got in line around 5:30am and were located down near the tower of terror on Harbor in and they said they were through the gates about 20-30 mins after park opening...
                                  Oh that is a good bit to hear. I'm not a local so that helps put it in perspective. I can deal with a line like that if that is the case. Thanks.

Comment

• TSTLSOOM
                                    MiceChatter
                                    • Mar 2011

im still guessing it wont be as crowded at least for some locals. i know that LAUSD are doing alot of graduations that day. and still i got to disney for star tours at 5 in the morning and was in the park right away when it opened

Comment

• SpectroMan
                                      • Jan 2005

Wow - I'm glad I don't like most of it. Could have been a serious wallet damage event.
                                      Please consider the environment before printing useless emails

Comment

• D23Divinity
                                        MiceChatter
                                        • May 2011

This will most indeedily dubily affect the pre-opening line now. That's just swell. This frustrates me, because I have no interest in these items. Just like I wasn't interested in the free ears, yet they made my OMDD morning a big old mess.. I'm just not much of a collector, and now it's going to be an even more difficult fight just to see opening ceremonies. I have a 3 and 2 year old, and parents in their 60's. We can't line up overnight, and my brother and I can't get in line and have them join us later. What a huge dissappointment. Why couldn't they open up the special shop for these items later in the day?, like around 2pm or 3pm? I guess I will just have to keep positive thoughts and hope for the best!

Oh, and sorry! This isn't to discredit the merchandise, it's BEAUTIFUL! Or to say anything bad about collectors. I think it's amazing when people can maintain a wonderful collection of things. I am truly impressed by these people as I've never been good at it myself.
                                        Last edited by D23Divinity; 06-05-2012, 12:58 PM.
                                        FAT KIDS UNITE!
                                        (Anyone can be a Fat Kid! You love food?, you're in!)
                                        :ap:
                                        "Curiosity killed the cat, you know.." "I know!"

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X