X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christmas Tree Fire @ Grand California Hotel

I WAS WATCHING THE NEWS AND THE NEWS LINE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE SCREEN SAID

"CHRISTMAS TREE FIRER EARLY THIS MORNING AT THE GRAND CALIFORNIA HOTEL IN THE DISNEYLAND RESORT FORCES EVACUATION OF GUESTS. THE FIRE WAS CONFINED TO LOBBY AND NO ONE WAS HURT."
    aka Sara

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

One of my children
    isn't pictured,

ABE is still hibernating :sleep:

Re: Christmas Tree Fire @ Grand California Hotel

WOOOOW.... can you imagine what that mustve looked like? And I wonder what perk all those guests recieved *jealous*

-Lauryn

Comment

Well, that's one way of getting rid of your tree...
      "Tonight I wash my hands of you
      You set the bar I could not live up to
      Tonight the light is breaking through
      So thank you very little and send me postcards from hell"
      Zebrahead

Comment

THEY FINALLY TALKED ABOUT IT AND SHOWED A PICTURE OF FIREMEN HOSING DOWN THE ARTIFICIAL TREE IN THE LOBBY.

THEY SAID THAT EARLY THIS MORNING THE ALARMS WENT OFF AND THE HOTEL EVACUATED 2300 GUEST AND WHEN THE FIREMEN ARRIVED THE HOTELS SPRINKLERS HAD EXTINGUISHED THE FIRE ALREADY. THERE WAS 2 MINOR INJURIES. 1 COMPLAINED OF BACK STRAIN AND ANOTHER OF STRESS RELATED INJURIES. THEY DON'T THINK THEY WILL GET THEM BACK IN TO THE HOTEL UNTIL 7AM AND GUEST ARE WAITING IN 3 LOCATION. CAUSE IS UNKNOWN BUT THEY SAID THAT THE 25' ARTIFICIAL TREE HAD ALLOT OF LIGHTS ON IT.

I DON'T KNOW IF EVEN THE PERKS THEY GET WOULD BE WORTH BEING WOKE UP AND HAVING TO WAIT HOURS TO GO BACK TO BED. IT WOULD BE HARD TO ENJOY THE PARKS WHEN TIRED AND THE SMOKE SMELL IN THE AIR WOULDN'T BE GREAT ON THE SINUS.
        aka Sara

One of my children
        isn't pictured,

Comment

Back strain and stress related injury? Please.

Anything goes wrong at disney and all of a sudden stress is an injury. Let the lawsuits fly.

I DO, however, feel sorry for the guests, but no one was hurt and that is the best thing.

If anything, it would make my vacation that much more memorable.
          St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

Comment

Me Too Glad Everyone It Alright And One Trip You Wouldn't Forget.
            3 Am And They Got Everyone Out In 4 Minutes. That's Pretty Good For That Many Sleeping People.

Funny That It Happened At 3 Am Since I Watch The Exorcism Of Emily Rose. They Talk About 3 Am Being A Naughty Spirits Time To Visit.
            aka Sara

One of my children
            isn't pictured,

Comment

grateful that nobody was seriously injured and that the alarm system did its job.
              sigpic

Comment

Not every day you hear about an ARTIFICIAL tree catching fire....

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

Comment

AFD spokeswoman, Maria Sabol says "electrical problems cause fire"...adds that tree had been treated with fire retardent and had passed Anaheim Fire Department Inspection.
                  sigpic

Comment

Yeah I just heard about this on the radio, Wow, it's like a reanacment of the scene from The Nightmare Before Christmas.
                    "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

Comment

I hear they had to evacuate 2200 guests to other areas of the resort. I wonder how many people are sleeping in the Teacups this morning.
                      When you wish upon a star, your dreams come true, but because of distance, not for millions of years.

This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"

Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Comment

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/s...land-fire.html
                        :crazylegs

Comment

Re: Disneyland Grand Californian Hotel tree fire

What a bummer! I hope the lobby isn't messed up too terribly.

Watch and see how many guests suddenly suffer other "symptoms"...smoke inhalation, whiplash, etc, etc. The lawsuits .....whoooo boy. I don't remember reading about other Disney hotel fires. This couldn't be the first one, could it?

Comment

O' Christmas tree.... O' Christmas tree.... O' HOLY CHRISTMAS TREE

Well, at least no one was injured!
                            ...it's been a long time.

Comment

Here are 2 pictures I took from the tv I am glad I own a big tv and have a dvr to rewind it....

:crazylegs

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X