Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trip Report - Buena Vista Street and CarsLand & Photos from Radiator Springs Racers

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trip Report - Buena Vista Street and CarsLand & Photos from Radiator Springs Racers

Not sure where these came from, as I got them from a friend of a friend. But when I went they asked people not to take photos. Big signs said do not share on social media.

Visited Buena Vista Street, which I thought looked sharp. The Starbucks there was really really busy - apparently this store is a huge hit!

Click image for larger version

Name:	7352683408_b77e315c4e.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	107.6 KB
ID:	7368781

The entrance to Carsland is breathtaking - under a huge rock arch. Looks rural once you enter, although you do see the Racers from the ride going around. The downtown area of Radiator Springs looks just. like. the movie. Seriously. Such great details here.

The cue of Radiator Springs Racers takes you through a roadside attraction with a collection of radiator caps, and the same for oil bottles (the whole building is made out of cement and embedded glass bottles), fountains, etc.

Name:	7352696070_8fc2b10d9f.jpg
Size:	178.9 KB
ID:	7368783

Name:	7167490217_14c4dcedab_z.jpg
Size:	164.1 KB
ID:	7368779

Name:	7352692402_d38736859c.jpg
Size:	159.2 KB
ID:	7368780

Name:	7167483761_6d80c7ea5e.jpg
Size:	190.3 KB
ID:	7368782
    Radiator Springs Racers I loved. Was not expecting all the dark ride stuff, and some of that was hit or miss, but the ride itself start to finish is SO impressive. They really have a winner with this one. Saw them filming a commercial with a modified car with lighting from the bottom up on the faces of a family, and cameras mounted in the backseat.

Couldn't wait to go again - but it broke down three times, 10 mins to 38 mins stopped, and that kept me from re-entering the long line.

The one restroom in Cars Land was clean and nice, even if a little hard to find.

Had a full meal (wine, entree, dessert) in Flo's V8, and love the details in here. The gold records on the wall:

Name:	7167495305_b8feaee3bf_z.jpg
Size:	167.7 KB
ID:	7368777

The huge Rear View Mirror (and chandelier):

Name:	7352703460_68fa375fb2_z.jpg
Size:	178.1 KB
ID:	7368778

Re: Trip Report - Buena Vista Street and CarsLand & Photos from Radiator Springs Race

Wow thanks for the review!

BVS/CL just sounds like a huge hit all around! Crazy we only have a week to go now.

As for the no pictures/no reviews rule as I been saying its utterly futile! And then Disney tells people not to take pictures but then sends out pics themselves of RSR! Sure I get they want to have their pictures make it look as good and professional as possible, but whats the point? Do you want people to be surprised or not?

And for the record, I have not seen any pics of any interiors, including the ones you posted here (I quickly read the review before they were uploaded lol). I'm trying not to be TOO spoiled, but man its hard!

Comment

Re: Trip Report - Buena Vista Street and CarsLand & Photos from Radiator Springs Race

Nice Trip Report thanks for sharing. i myself could care less if I see things before I go. it's always better in person. I can't wait till I get there next Saturday!
      These are some of my favorite TRs I have posted

DL 55th BDAY trip report
      My company had a special night at the park
      WdW trip report with WWoHP
      NYE 2011 trip report
      Mice Chat 7th anniversary
      Leap year 24 hour report
      New DCA trip report
      NYE 2012
      HKDL trip report

Comment

What day were you there? I saw them filming on Sunday. John Lasseter was getting into the rigged up car as we were getting out of ours! we were in the guest assistance loading area, it was pretty much the most exciting moment of my life lol

Comment

Thanks for the pictures...yeah I'll be pretty surprised if No video from Cars Racers appears before the 15th, what Disney is trying to do in this age...is ALMOST impossible
          Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

Thanks for sharing these with us! Can't wait to go this weekend!

Comment

RytheGuy, I was there yesterday.

MacDaddy, it's great to hear from you again. I see your post count has increased since we spoke. Great photos as always.

Comment

I always wanted to see Cars Land. But now, after seeing these particular photos, I'm really, REALLY excited!
                http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
                http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ip-report.html
                http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...something.html

No matter where you go, there you are.

Comment

It's amazing when money isn't the overall dictator what disney is able to accomplish. I hope this sets the bar for future resort expansions especially tomorrowland and hopefully the long awaited frontierland expansions.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirton View Post
                    It's amazing when money isn't the overall dictator what disney is able to accomplish. I hope this sets the bar for future resort expansions especially tomorrowland and hopefully the long awaited frontierland expansions.
                    We can only hope, they have learned there less.....but History does repeat itself so.....at one point Disney will fall again and want to make a cheap buck over spending time and money to earn an honest dollar
                    Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
                      We can only hope, they have learned there less.....but History does repeat itself so.....at one point Disney will fall again and want to make a cheap buck over spending time and money to earn an honest dollar
                      Yeah you can count on that! But I am happy they have learned their mistakes from the past and trying not to repeat them. Look at Shanghai Disneyland, going a COMPLETE opposite of HKDL, ie, BIGGER, original attractions, real E tickets etc. HKDL was an embarrasement of a park. I have friends in China that would never bother going there because its so small. But even with HKDL, they have built 3 lands now, two of them with original E tickets, one coming out next month so they are trying to turn things around at all their parks now or the the ones who need the most help attendance wise.

Comment

Soft Opening???? and how long were the waits for RSR, MJJ and LFT?
                        Tokyo Disneyland Crew!

Currently working at:: Journey to the Center of the Earth!

Comment

One bathroom. Seriously?

OT: It looks so spiffy!
                          Sig by Poisonedapples!

Comment

Could you videotape because it would be nice to hae a pov of RSR now!!! and I may have to wait till next year but for now i like it.
                            I'm working as i'm with my autobots.

Comment

Any POV of RSR will likely be pulled by Disney as soon as they get word. It's worth just waiting until the 15th.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X