This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bacon
    Kevin, what year was this unifying canal project conceived and started?
    Answering my own question, sort of, if 1764 was 200 years before one of the imageineer's birth dates, that means they were born in 1964. Assuming mid-20s as a reasonable minimum age for a contributing imagineer, that puts the time about contemporary with the NOS walk-way redo where they added the bridge over the Pirates queue. Am I right?

Comment

Yes, the plan was pitched when they were first re-doing the the NOS esplanade to fix the Fantasmic viewing areas, which was mid-1990s. It never went past blue-sky phase.
      Kevin Yee
      MiceAge Columnist

I am the author of several Disney books:
      Jason's Disneyland Almanac - a daily history of Disneyland
      Walt Disney World Hidden History - tributes, homages, and ride remnants at WDW
      Your Day at the Magic Kingdom
      Mouse Trap
      Tokyo Disney Made Easy
      101 Things You Never Knew About Disneyland
      Magic Quizdom (The Disneyland Trivia Book)

Comment

Originally posted by KevinYee
        Yes, the plan was pitched when they were first re-doing the the NOS esplanade to fix the Fantasmic viewing areas, which was mid-1990s. It never went past blue-sky phase.
        So that means that there was still no ORIGINAL idea by walt or whoever during the time that the two rides were built.
        Originally posted by drunkmom
        this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

Comment

Blackbeard is one of my favorite Disney films.
          I love to point out the picture that was a prop in the movie in POTC
          Goin around the world...and back to Disneyland!

Comment

Both rides are NOT based on a story or book. There are stories inside the rides but the ride itself is not based on a book or anything.

There is a great article in the current version of E-ticket which has the most detailed information of the walk thru version of the ride (which was never built) that I have ever seen (complete with map).

http://www.the-e-ticket.com/
            Plague Of Vampires | A Novel by Eric and Elizabeth Gerds:

Buy Now at Amazon

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
            Working...
            X