Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

MiceChat Knott's Scary Farm Event

Tickets for MiceChat's annual Knott's Scary Farm meetup are now on sale. Event info can be found here - scaryfarm2017.eventzilla.net
2 of 3 < >

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge

The Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge has been opened. You can find it in the Lounges section.

All MiceChat rules still apply.
3 of 3 < >

Registrations

All new user registrations require email verification. Please make sure that micechat.com is not blocked by your SPAM filter. Approvals are done at least once per day, but no approval will be given for accounts that have not verified their email address. No account created using anonymous services will be approved. These include proxies, VPN's, and Tor exit nodes. IP address reputations are also checked. Any IP address with questionable reputation will be banned and the registration denied.
See more
See less

Mad T Party - Too Loud??

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Review] Mad T Party - Too Loud??

So I got my first chance on Sunday to visit the Mad T Party. I loved electronica and Mad T Party seems to be a mostly worthy successor. I hated the band but the dj is good. I feel like that second stage is under utilized and takes away from the available dancing space.

My biggest problem however is just how LOUD the music is. Now I don't mind it while at the Mad T Party because it should be loud. However you can still hear the music CLEARLY all the way to Bugs land. I shouldn't be hearing house music competing with the Tower of Terror. It's absolutely ridiculous that it is loud enough to hear that far away.

Re: Mad T Party - Too Loud??

agree - the DJ is also good but the volume of the DJ set is WAY too loud making him seem less enjoyable than the band to me. borderline hearing damage.

Comment

Definitely agree! I was there on Saturday night and my friends and I were actually laughing about how INSANELY loud it was.

Also, I hate to say it but we were having a great time with the DJ and there were a lot of people dancing and having a good time, but as soon as the band came out everything just fizzled.

Comment

Originally posted by Juni View Post
        So I got my first chance on Sunday to visit the Mad T Party. I loved electronica and Mad T Party seems to be a mostly worthy successor. I hated the band but the dj is good. I feel like that second stage is under utilized and takes away from the available dancing space.

My biggest problem however is just how LOUD the music is. Now I don't mind it while at the Mad T Party because it should be loud. However you can still hear the music CLEARLY all the way to Bugs land. I shouldn't be hearing house music competing with the Tower of Terror. It's absolutely ridiculous that it is loud enough to hear that far away.
        You know the saying, if it's too loud, you're too old. That being said, I'm old so I'd probably agree with you.

Comment

Originally posted by zugzug15 View Post
          agree - the DJ is also good but the volume of the DJ set is WAY too loud making him seem less enjoyable than the band to me. borderline hearing damage.
          Borderline?

Volume isn't the only way Mad T Party and its predecessors have clashed with the rest of the park and resort, but people love this style of event, so I dont see anything changing in the near future

Comment

Originally posted by brian11811 View Post
            You know the saying, if it's too loud, you're too old. That being said, I'm old so I'd probably agree with you.
            I am NOT old. Nuh uh, no way no how.

I really don't mind the loudness while I was AT the T party. But it has to not intrude upon TOT and other areas. I didn't walk out to BVS when I left Mad T but I wouldn't be surprised if you could hear it from there as well. The volume really really needs to be taken down a notch, or more directed so that you are only hearing it within the land somehow.

Comment

you can hear it from main street actually
              sigpic

This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

"You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

Comment

I know you're not old, was just kidding.

Interesting, I was commenting when we were there how well done the sound design is (during the day), how tower of terror music has no interference from Hollywood land. Maybe they want mad T party to be the focus at that point. Alcohol sales.

Comment

yup, i agree. you can hear it from BVS and the rest of Hollywood. i like how they backed off the party into a corner out of sight and kept the main street of Hollywood empty but its too loud

Comment

I also noticed it on saturday you could hear it from the TOT,but then again I perfer my music loud to dance! :yea::vogue: The fireworks were very loud as well...
                    I am a Annual Pass Holder and I'm better than you! lol! :ap:

Comment

Originally posted by cadematthews View Post

Also, I hate to say it but we were having a great time with the DJ and there were a lot of people dancing and having a good time, but as soon as the band came out everything just fizzled.
                      Your right and hit it on the head. Every night at elecTRONica was a PARTY, Mad T Party is no party ... but a SHOW. It will die out as there is no lines for drinks, just walk up on Friday - Sunday. Tron had 20 deep in every line, the party format kept the regular local kids dancing which in turn got the other visitors to party, and of course buying drinks ... No body wants to hear the same songs, sets over & over again on the West Coast, this is not WDW

Comment

I was there this weekend, and have seen it a few times now, but I never noticed hearing it outside of the area.

Comment

Originally posted by pirate33 View Post
                          Your right and hit it on the head. Every night at elecTRONica was a PARTY, Mad T Party is no party ... but a SHOW. It will die out as there is no lines for drinks, just walk up on Friday - Sunday. Tron had 20 deep in every line, the party format kept the regular local kids dancing which in turn got the other visitors to party, and of course buying drinks ... No body wants to hear the same songs, sets over & over again on the West Coast, this is not WDW
                          yeah, every song the band played was the same. It was even in the same order. One song is played 3 or 4 times a night. I guess they do that cuz of the LED screens behind them. But yeah, I think Mad T Party would be better off without the band.
                          My YouTube Channel
                          www.youtube.com/fantasmiceddie24

Comment

TDA needs to realize that the crowds in anaheim and orlando are different. mix up the songs or get a few bands to play different stuff like TLT
                            sigpic

This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

"You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

Comment

I LOVE Mad T Party the two nights I went. But obviously havnt been enough to hear repeat sets and didnt notice the music being too loud outside of Hollywood, but probably because I had my Ipod on or just too focused on other stuff.

I DO love the band as well, they are fun, but if people saying they constantly play the same sets, then that will change in time if people start to drop off. I assume th band know LOADS of song but alas have a play list they probably have to stick to most of the time. Be curious to see what they do in the future.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X