X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • imaginashton
    MiceChatter
    • Jun 2011

[Chat] Should the Mad T Party band be removed?

Let me just start of bh saying that I love Mad T Party, and I have a lot of fun there. that being said I noticed while the band was playing , people weren't really in to it, but when the dj can everybody was dancing and having a good time. Even my friend who I was with said " they should just take out the band and keep the dj" and to be honest, I wasn't really into the band either. I think I would enjoy it more if the band was gone, and they just had alice, tweedle dee, tweedle dum, and the mad hatter as host like electronica (maybe they could have english accents).What do you guys think?

http://www.youtube.com/user/ridesandstuff

• ArchimedesWhatWhat
    "What? What?"
    • May 2012

Re: Should the Mad T Party band be removed?

That was not the experience I had when we visited. Everyone was very much into the band.

I think it all matters on what time you get to the Mad T Party and how many drinks have been consumed.

@FromMatterhorn on Twitter & Instagram

Comment

• BrodyDanger
      MiceChatter
      • Aug 2009

I haven't gotten to experience the Mad T Party yet, but I sure hope not. I can play recorded music in my car.

Comment

• francis
        New MiceChatter
        • Jul 2011

Get rid of the band. They play the same exact sets every day... and they're not that great. People seem to enjoy the DJs more, and why shouldn't they? They're doing something different. The DJ is setting a party vibe... which is what Mad T Party is.

The band is nothing more than a half-rate cover band, who plays Maroon 5 and Journey songs. If I wanted to see a cheap cover band, I'd go to my local dive bar... not a Disney park.

Comment

• DARTH MAUL
          Banned User
          • Jul 2010

I think it's more their playlist that needs help. They're playing a lot of cliche standards that don't fit the party theme. They need to ditch the rock stuff and just stick to dance covers and I think it'd be fine. The mood shifts too much from the band and the dj. They should also set it up so you can give a request to the DJ. Hopefully it wouldn't get out of control though.

Comment

• brenden
            Banned User
            • Jun 2007

The band wasn't as bad as I was expecting it to be, but I agree. I also don't really enjoy how the stages are split, I found myself running back and forth last time I was there to see the performers.

Comment

• Capt Hook
              Banned User
              • Jun 2006

I though the band was better then the DJ. I which they get rid of him and keep the band. When I was there more people around me and my family like the band more then the DJ.

Comment

• DARTH MAUL
                Banned User
                • Jul 2010

They also need to use second stage. It's really sloppy how they leave it dark. Why not use the Queen of Hearts for something?

---------- Post added 06-19-2012 at 01:07 PM ----------

Originally posted by Capt Hook View Post
                I though the band was better then the DJ. I which they get rid of him and keep the band. When I was there more people around me and my family like the band more then the DJ.

I think the issue is it's setup like a dance, not a concert. People don't just wanna hear old standards you can only wave your hands to.

Comment

• Capt Hook
                  Banned User
                  • Jun 2006

Well I like that kind of music I can't stand that other tipe. I can't stand remix music in fact I hate todays music that is out. I rather listen to my 80's music then todays music or listen to Back Street Boys.
                  Last edited by Capt Hook; 06-19-2012, 12:18 PM.

Comment

• GhostHost
                    • Feb 2005

I like the band but they need improvement. By opening night I was already sick of the same old sets.

Comment

• imaginashton
                      MiceChatter
                      • Jun 2011

Originally posted by Capt Hook View Post
                      Well I like that kind of music I can't stand that other tipe. I can't stand remix music in fact I hate todays music that is out. I rather listen to my 80's music then todays music or listen to Back Street Boys.
                      Backstreet boys... was that a joke? Lmao

Comment

• ralfrick
                        Hopper's Mortal Enemy
                        • Jun 2006

I still can't figure out how being a cheerleader with a record player has come to be seen as some sort of talent.

"Live Music is Better" bumperstickers should be issued. (Neil Young)

A bientot.
                        Remember
                        What the dormouse said
                        Feed your head!

sigpic

You've read it; you can't unread it!

Comment

• cruise
                          Certified in everything
                          • Jul 2005

Originally posted by francis View Post
                          Get rid of the band. They play the same exact sets every day... and they're not that great.
                          I hate to break it to you, but every show at the DLR is exactly the same every day. Everyone does not get to go to the Mad T Party daily...

Originally posted by francis View Post
                          The band is nothing more than a half-rate cover band, who plays Maroon 5 and Journey songs. If I wanted to see a cheap cover band, I'd go to my local dive bar... not a Disney park.
                          If I wanted to hear pop music, I'd go.... pretty much anywhere. If I wanted to hear club music, I'd go to a club. If I wanted to hear a non-cover band, I'd go to a concert. If I want to see live performers in Disney themed shows, I go to Mad T.

Don't make Mad T Party into something it is not. I think the playlist could use some work, but let's not ditch the whole band!
                          Disneyland Wooooh!

"You see- Everybody's got a laughin' place, trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it."

Comment

• QuiGonJ
                            Not on the Jedi Council
                            • Mar 2011

I saw em on Friday, and I didn't think they were bad.

Now, that arcade on the other hand... can we please have some video games back in there?

Comment

• choco choco
                              MiceChatter
                              • May 2011

The live band was purposely added to avoid too much connection to the "rave" culture. Disney gets to keep the electronic/dubstep music and pyschedelic visuals, while claiming it is all ages by playing live music with an older rock oriented list. They try to attract everyone by keeping the pendulum from swinging too much in one direction.

By the way, the DJ sets are essentially the same every night, so not sure why people would lodge this complaint against the band. If I hear "Party Rock Anthem" again....

Comment

• imaginashton
                                MiceChatter
                                • Jun 2011

^ that's something I can agree with. I'm so sick of that song, never really liked it in the first place.

Comment

• BrodyDanger
                                  MiceChatter
                                  • Aug 2009

Originally posted by cruise View Post
                                  I hate to break it to you, but every show at the DLR is exactly the same every day. Everyone does not get to go to the Mad T Party daily...
                                  I really think this is part of the problem. There are a lot of people going to these events that hang out there all night and expect Disney to provide 5 hours of unique entertainment. It's just not going to happen. We go for maybe an hour at a time. Never really gets old.

Originally posted by choco choco
                                  By the way, the DJ sets are essentially the same every night, so not sure why people would lodge this complaint against the band. If I hear "Party Rock Anthem" again....
                                  I swear Glow Fest's playlist had 4 songs. "I Got a Feeling'", that "Don't Stop Believing" remix, and two Pogo Pixar remixes. That's really all I can remember.

Comment

• francis
                                    New MiceChatter
                                    • Jul 2011

Originally posted by cruise View Post

If I wanted to hear pop music, I'd go.... pretty much anywhere. If I wanted to hear club music, I'd go to a club. If I wanted to hear a non-cover band, I'd go to a concert. If I want to see live performers in Disney themed shows, I go to Mad T.

Don't make Mad T Party into something it is not. I think the playlist could use some work, but let's not ditch the whole band!
                                    I understand most shows are the same at every other show in the Resort, but if you're going to have a live band that is not performing to a backing track, they should have a larger repertoire than 12 songs... and do they really need to play the Unbirthday song every set? I don't think so. There needs to be variety.

Another reason why the DJ at Mad T Party works, is because you have a talented DJ who is playing an awesome set of electronic remixes of pop hits, and then the band comes out... and plays an generic cover of Don't Stop Believing. It just doesn't work. At least when ElecTRONica had the dancers or Laserman, they would play music that was similar to what the DJ is playing. The DJ gets people to dance. The band stops that. When a band plays, the immediate instinct is to stop what you're doing and watch them. And that's what happens! The fun party mood that the DJ has just created has been killed.

Also, I don't see where you're getting the fact that I'm "making Mad T Party into something it is not". I happen to enjoy Mad T Party, I just think the band should go... or at least be less frequent.

Comment

• Capt Hook
                                      Banned User
                                      • Jun 2006

Originally posted by imaginashton View Post
                                      Backstreet boys... was that a joke? Lmao
                                      No this was not a joke. I love to listen to the Backstreet Boys. There one of my favorite singers next to Olivia Newton John,Phil Collins,ZZ Tops and Lionel Richie.

---------- Post added 06-19-2012 at 03:36 PM ----------

Have you guys consiter that Disney is the one telling the band on what musice they can and can not play. My family knew a band member that we listen to all the time there and he told us that Disney is the one that tells them what songs to do so that's the reason for the same old songs they play every time your there.

Comment

• imaginashton
                                        MiceChatter
                                        • Jun 2011

^Oh, I thought you were saying that's what they play at mad T party, my fault. I do think that disney chooses the band's songs.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X