• Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is the coffee missing... :confused:

Irish Whisky, of course!!!! :lol: :bow:
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Comment

Originally posted by ah schucks
      What what what- you are telling me the French contributed something posistive besides fries and really long pointy bread? Ridiculous!
      :lol:
      Check out my other blog:

Comment

Originally posted by Darkbeer

Yes, the coffee in DL is missing something... Burbon... :lol:
        Check out my other blog:

Comment

Originally posted by cellarhound
          Yes, the coffee in DL is missing something... Burbon... :lol:
          Not at Club 33!!

Comment

Originally posted by WDI
            Not at Club 33!!
            They make some wicked good coffee there, straight or otherwise.MMM

Comment

Originally posted by WDI
              Not at Club 33!!
              Yes, but who would want to spoil the 50 year old burbon?
              Check out my other blog:

Comment

Originally posted by Darkbeer

Bailey's Irish Cream :lol:

Comment

Lady Godiva White Chocolate Liqueur!
                  Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
                  it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

Comment

Why can't food services make a decent cup of coffee there? Now I hear grumbling from cast members how they wish Disney would partner up Starbucks and put a few in, and we all know it won't happen, cause Coke Cola owns Nestle, who makes all the coffee products for the park, but just once I would like to get a cup of coffee while I am there without 1/8 of the cup filled with grinds!

PS- for you frappachino fans out there, goto DCA, that lil coffee shop on the rightside as you enter in the subway cars, they make something called a Malibu Frap- its awesome
                    Well the Cast Members enjoy pretty good coffee at Theme Perks. They offer Diedrich Espresso and the coffee is Gloria Jean I believe. All in all not bad, now the stuff in the break rooms, cafeterias and what we offer our guests is pure crap!

- fearsnda
                    Last edited by fearsnda; 03-11-2005, 12:14 PM.
                    ~ Tasty, yet morally ambiguous! ~

Comment

Originally posted by fearsnda
                      Well the Cast Members enjoy pretty good coffee at Theme Perks. They offer Diedrich Espresso and the coffee is Gloria Jean I believe. All in all not bad, now the stuff in the break rooms cafeterias and what we offer our guests is pure crap!

- fearsnda
                      Oh thats right, just as I was quitting, they overhauled the eatery on the east side and offered some bad new coffee! Oh man! Screw coke a cola and nescafe, give us the good stuff give us some gloria jean, besides guests already pay 2 bucks a cup in the real world, who is to say they won't pay 3 in the park...MMM coffee

Comment

Please no Starbucks. Starbucks is consistant, yes. Consistantly bad, made out of medium quality beans that are burnt. The biggest problem with DL coffee is that it is weak. This is probably because most Americans like weaker coffee. They also use cheap beans. All they need to do is get a better grade of bean, and double the amount they use per brew.

Jazz Kitchen Express has the best coffee at DLR, IMHO. Their French Roast with Chicory is awesome with a bag of beignets.

Comment

Oh thats right, just as I was quitting, they overhauled the eatery on the east side and offered some bad new coffee!
                          Aint that always the way? I hear from the food CMs the changes came from the demand at the TDA Theme Perks for something palatable on the Theme Perks menu

Comment

Does it really matter?
                            Cosmo Kramer: Well I can't go back to the public courses now! I can't! I WON'T!

Comment

Originally posted by SurfedUpDane
                              Does it really matter?
                              Does what really matter, the taste of the coffee in the parks? That would depend on if you're a coffee drinker or not. I, for one, must have my coffee and I would love to see better choices than Nestle. Sorry you Starbucks-haters out there , I'd love to have a Starbucks on property or at least close to the resort.

Comment

Originally posted by Whatever
                                Please no Starbucks. Starbucks is consistant, yes. Consistantly bad, made out of medium quality beans that are burnt. The biggest problem with DL coffee is that it is weak. This is probably because most Americans like weaker coffee. They also use cheap beans. All they need to do is get a better grade of bean, and double the amount they use per brew.

Jazz Kitchen Express has the best coffee at DLR, IMHO. Their French Roast with Chicory is awesome with a bag of beignets.
                                whatever,

I can't agree with you more - Starbucks = Megayucks in my book. the cook the coffee beans too fast and everything has a burnt taste to it. You can not even get a decent regular cup of joe from SB any longer.

Give me Peet's or give me Death!

MMM Coffee - They have machines that can do that! Duh!

WDI

Comment

Originally posted by WDI
                                  whatever,

I can't agree with you more - Starbucks = Megayucks in my book. the cook the coffee beans too fast and everything has a burnt taste to it. You can not even get a decent regular cup of joe from SB any longer.

WDI

The problem is that Starbucks like most other coffee brokers vary from blend to blend... A couple of years ago they didn't have the capacity to roast their own, so they had to contract it out... Now they roast their own for quality control...

Oh, and I would love to see starbucks in DCA... For certain... My stock broker would like that too...
                                  Check out my other blog:

Comment

Originally posted by SurfedUpDane
                                    Does it really matter?
                                    Of course it matters! The only thing worse than looking into the Eye of Mara, is looking into the Eye of Mara after a bad cup of coffee!

Comment

The problem with placing a Starbucks or high calaber coffee shop in the park is we all know that no matter who supplies it, if they served high priced high end coffee- the lines would be ridiculous!

Imagine the horror of all these parents, who suddenly veer of course, dragging crying babies, suger hyped children on leases and nasty bitter teenagers into a line at any coffee shop that provides a better coffee experiance.

My idea is that no matter what they serve (and coffee taste is very subjective) they would need to put it somewhere that they could in fact control the demand versus the supply---Someplace like Fort Wilderness- can't you see Fort Starbucks on Tom Sawyer's Island? ha ha or something over in Critter Country, maybe a futuristic coffee shop on the old People Mover's launch platform, ha ha. Just thinking outload here.

Comment

The coffee in DL is so bad that they will give you free refills. I'm not a professional coffee taster, but I know bad coffee when I taste it!
                                        sigpic

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Comment

For those of you who wish Starbucks would provide the coffee be warned!

Only Starbuck stores feature their own trained baristas. All other locations (airports, campuses, etc.) are not Starbucks employees, they are employees of the airport, campus, etc. and do not have the same training. Quality varies GREATLY at these "other locations."

If Starbucks were to provide the coffee, regular DL cast members would be serving it. May not exactly be the best solution...
                                          I think someone has left the shower running ...
                                          --Tiki Bird Jose

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X