Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fox & The Hound Ride In Critter Country?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Idea] Fox & The Hound Ride In Critter Country?

I can't remember who or where I saw this from, but I remember someone mentioned this, so I'd thought I would give it some light.

So, what do you all think?

I personally would love to see an AA of that bear in the first movie with todays technology, man they could make that thing look scary, just like how was in the movie.

Dark ride?

Thoughts?
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/michael.ebba

Re: Fox & The Hound Ride In Critter Country?

That's actually a terrific idea, and I don't actually feel like it would be too much an intrusion of characters due to it being some lesser known ones. Let's have some original rides first, though.

Photo Via jdhilger

Comment

I would rather see a restaurant there named Amos Slade's. Since he was a hunter, they could feature different types of small game meat like rabbit, pheasant... etc.
      "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

Comment

Originally posted by calsig31 View Post
        I would rather see a restaurant there named Amos Slade's. Since he was a hunter, they could feature different types of small game meat like rabbit, pheasant... etc.
        So looking at how much space there is alone in the area, would you take out Hungry Bear for "Amos Slade's"?

Comment

Originally posted by White Bones View Post
          So looking at how much space there is alone in the area, would you take out Hungry Bear for "Amos Slade's"?
          I would leave Hungry Bear where it is. I see Amos Slade's as more of a table service type of restaurant considering the types of game dishes that I envision.
          "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

Comment

As long as it makes me cry!

Comment

I don't think the movie is entertaining enough to warrant a ride. It's an emotional and dark movie yet but I don't see how you can make a compelling ride out of a film that many considered to be weak or dull.

Comment

Are you talking about in addition to Pooh, or instead of Pooh?

Comment

Originally posted by peagreen View Post
                  Are you talking about in addition to Pooh, or instead of Pooh?
                  In addition meaning expand CC for the ride, then yes.

Instead of Pooh? Sure.

---------- Post added 06-20-2012 at 03:27 PM ----------

Originally posted by toonaspie View Post
                  I don't think the movie is entertaining enough to warrant a ride. It's an emotional and dark movie yet but I don't see how you can make a compelling ride out of a film that many considered to be weak or dull.
                  Its considered weak and dull?

Comment

Instead of Pooh? Sure.

lol
                    sigpic

This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

"You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

Comment

I can't remember who or where I saw this from, but I remember someone mentioned this, so I'd thought I would give it some light.

So, what do you all think?

I personally would love to see an AA of that bear in the first movie with todays technology, man they could make that thing look scary, just like how was in the movie.

Dark ride?

Thoughts?
                      I believe this was me. Fox and the Hound is my favorite Disney cartoon and a perfect fit for critter country. I've thought it would be a great idea for years. I really think there's a lot you can do with this story.
                      This is my signature. There are many like it but this one is mine.

Comment

Originally posted by DJM View Post
                        I really think there's a lot you can do with this story.
                        I think an animatronic of the dude shooting the gun and his pants falling down would be hilarious.

Comment

Originally posted by calsig31 View Post
                          I think an animatronic of the dude shooting the gun and his pants falling down would be hilarious.
                          they could add that to Pirates lol
                          sigpic

This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

"You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

Comment

I believe Disney actually planned this when the movie first came out in order to lure more crowds into Critter Country, if I remember right. Don't remember exactly why it was cancelled, maybe because of the movie not doing as expected in the box office or something.

But I think it's a good idea. The Fox and the Hound is under-represented in the parks and really in Disney "mythology" or whatever in general. Also Critter Country needs something, the only thing there is Splash and Pooh... (and it's been that way for over 20 years...)
                            WDW: March 2004, August 2005, Summer 2006, March 2012, July 2013, December 2013/January 2014
                            DL: April 2011, December 2011, December 2012/January 2013, June 2014
                            HKDL: July 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Corn View Post
                              I believe Disney actually planned this when the movie first came out in order to lure more crowds into Critter Country, if I remember right.
                              The land wasn't called Critter Country when the movie came out. It was still known as Bear Country. It didn't become Critter Country until 7 years later in 1988.

Originally posted by Commander Corn View Post
                              But I think it's a good idea. The Fox and the Hound is under-represented in the parks and really in Disney "mythology" or whatever in general.
                              While I am in favor of restoring the balance of character vs non-character attractions, I believe this property should have some representation in the parks due to its historical significance of serving as a transition from the "Nine Old Men" to the error of the modern Disney animators.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X