Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Tram route incident 6/20 night?

Anyone know what happened on the Mickey & Friends tram route last night? Apparently there were paramedics and firemen.

Re: Tram route incident 6/20 night?

i don't know.. but last week they stopped all trams, and there was a problem also.. they security was pretty tight and the emergency vehicle gate was open

Comment

The quickest access for emergency services to that side of Disneyland is through a gate that requires crossing the tram route. They usually stop the trams if they are going to use that.

Also, for the end of DTD that is closest to the esplanade, they usually stage the paramedics in the tram drop off area.

So what you saw was likely not a tram route incident, just staging for easy response to another area.

Comment

They need to just put a moving sidewalk along the tram road and be done with it already.

Comment

Originally posted by sir clinksalot View Post
          They need to just put a moving sidewalk along the tram road and be done with it already.
          that's exactly what i think they should do. it would be very convenient. it would make it much faster for those that want to walk to their car. and when walking on a moving walkway it feels like you're gliding and you feel invincible.

Comment

Originally posted by sir clinksalot View Post
            After getting used to Universal Orlando's entrance I'm really surprised they haven't built it.

Comment

Are you sure this wasn't on Tuesday (the 19th)? I was leaving the park and saw paramedics by the tram station in DTD.

Comment

Originally posted by explodingboy View Post
                Are you sure this wasn't on Tuesday (the 19th)? I was leaving the park and saw paramedics by the tram station in DTD.
                Pretty sure, I was texting with a friend at the time. Her exact text was " Got stuck on the tram. Paramedics."

However, I also see on the /r/Disneyland subreddit that there seems to have been an incident on the 19th as well. Perhaps they're doing some kind of training/staging/practice?

Comment

As previously stated, the gate to Disneyland by Outdoor Vending is an access point for any needed emergency personnel and vehicles for a Central First Aid call to the West side of Disneyland park. They will use this gate if the guest needs to be transported to a local hospital. It keeps them from having to have a group of paramedics and gurneys being wheeled across the park in front of guests. They will open the barricade and stop the tram to allow these emergency personal through. It's usually only a brief stop as they also have to wait for the signal at Disney Way to allow the vehicle in or out.

Comment

I was told by a cast member it had to do something about a lady jumping on and off while the tram was moving, with a baby in her arms! *smh*

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X