This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Future of Tower of Terror?

I created this elevation for a for-fun project I did for WDSP, but it's the same design. The intent is to lessen the "squatness" of this park landmark.

Comment

Originally posted by RandySavage View Post
      I created this elevation for a for-fun project I did for WDSP, but it's the same design. The intent is to lessen the "squatness" of this park landmark.
      Very nice! I like the tower, not sure how much structural work it would require, but if the tower could handle the load I'd love to see that done. But it would still be a low priority. I'm much rather put money into the back-lot and PP first and the Grizzly Peak. But that's a nice design. I think it actually would go really nicely with the proposed facade for the Hyperion. Funny that you designed it for Paris.

Comment

I honestly believe ToT is the most immersive ride in DCA (though I haven't been on RSR yet). The theme is so perfectly eerie and the storytelling is done well from the queue to the ride itself. E-Ticket all the way.

Comment

I'm surprised some of you don't find this ride very detailed. I rode for the first time last spring break, along with some family, and we thought it was great! The hotel lobby, library, boiler room...all very impressive, in our opinions. We loved the story in the library and in the elevator itself.

Comment

Tower is a ride that we look forward to everytime, and end up riding it at least twice a day every day we are there. The mirror effect worked as it should every time we rode during our 6 day PH last week and the week before. To us, this is most definitely an e-ticketer! It would be cool to have random timed drops though. I noticed this trip that our first ride was more exciting than our last, only because we knew when the drops would be. Still love it though!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Bob View Post
              What? No way it cost 200 million. Do you have a source? I think it was significantly under $100 million.
              Yeah... RSR was around 200 million. ToT, if I recall, was about 90 million.

Comment

Originally posted by BrodyDanger View Post
                Yeah... RSR was around 200 million. ToT, if I recall, was about 90 million.
                Sounds more like it, but are you sure that didn't include Flick's Fun Fair too?

Comment

Yeah ToT was somewhere in the 70-90 million range. Expensive, yeah, but nowhere near the budgets of any of the other towers.

Comment

There is NOTHING wrong with this ride. It's not a reminder of the "cheap" DCA, it's the beginning of the turnaround. The ride fits better than ever now, seeing as Snow White came out in the late 30s (where BVS is set), and that's when the ride takes place. Changing the exterior would serve no purpose. You can always add more, but sometimes enough is enough.

---------- Post added 06-21-2012 at 04:06 PM ----------

Originally posted by DLFreak15 View Post
                    Yeah ToT was somewhere in the 70-90 million range. Expensive, yeah, but nowhere near the budgets of any of the other towers.
                    Money spent doesn't equate quality. Quality equates to quality. True artists can do great stuff with 100million, or 100 period.

Comment

I love the ToT! It's on my top 5 attractions list and falls in a category right below RSR/Indy for me. Very immersive and detailed. Whenever I ride the attraction I'm totally taken away and out of the theme park to this creepy, abandoned hotel on the far side. The music, sound effects, queue, lighting...all of it totally puts you into this environment and does such a great job at building suspense for the attraction. I've NEVER gotten an "on the cheap" feeling from this attraction.

Comment

Originally posted by DARTH MAUL View Post
                        There is NOTHING wrong with this ride. It's not a reminder of the "cheap" DCA, it's the beginning of the turnaround. The ride fits better than ever now, seeing as Snow White came out in the late 30s (where BVS is set), and that's when the ride takes place. Changing the exterior would serve no purpose. You can always add more, but sometimes enough is enough.

---------- Post added 06-21-2012 at 04:06 PM ----------

Money spent doesn't equate quality. Quality equates to quality. True artists can do great stuff with 100million, or 100 period.
                        ^I'm not saying our Tower isn't quality! I love our ToT, more than Florida's version!

Comment

Sounds more like it, but are you sure that didn't include Flick's Fun Fair too?
                          No clue. I really just recall the number. Certainly under 100 million though... and much less than other versions. Still, I absolutely love the attraction. I also love how it looks lit up at night.

Comment

That post wasn't great, it was ignorance from someone who's obsessed with characters, who would turn DLR into nothing but a collection of randomly placed "Disney" themes with no sense of rhyme or reason. This definition of E-ticket is absurd, there is never a ride ever built where the Imagineers get to go all out, so then there are no E-tickets by that definition.
                            I'm just referring to the post...not the poster. Heck I don't even remember who the poster was. Of course that's not the be all and end all definition of an E-Ticket, and it's probably not the best definition, but I'm just trying to point out that a lot more could have been put into ToT.

Comment

Hmm maybe some updated effects would be cool

Comment

The HalloweenTime effects should be permanent. Lightning and such.

Comment

Freefall rides scare the beejeezus out of me, so I've been on TOT only 3 times. The details in the queue and the ride itself are very detailed and did not feel cheap to me at all. I was thoroughly convinced I had stepped into another time and place. I would go on TOT again but not for the thrills it provides, but to enjoy the storytelling. (I still wish there was a way out of the "falling" part of the attraction)

I do believe in fairies. I do. I do.

Comment

Originally posted by 2ndStar2theRight View Post
                                    Freefall rides scare the beejeezus out of me, so I've been on TOT only 3 times. The details in the queue and the ride itself are very detailed and did not feel cheap to me at all. I was thoroughly convinced I had stepped into another time and place. I would go on TOT again but not for the thrills it provides, but to enjoy the storytelling. (I still wish there was a way out of the "falling" part of the attraction)
                                    And isn't that exactly what Walt wanted? To tell a story?

Comment

i enjoy tower of terror the way it is. if i had a choice i would save the money and update or build a attraction

Comment

Tower of Terror suffers from being one of the shortest E-Ticket-billed attractions in Disney theme park history. At a disappointing 2 minutes and 20 seconds, grand total time. With the first special effect (mirror trick) running no more than 12 seconds. Followed by the hallway scene, which runs 32 seconds, exactly. (Your total amount of “Disney showroom magic” at no more than 44 seconds.) With the remainder of the ride – random set of “climbs and drops”– just under a minute.

Meanwhile, the original in WDW, runs about a minute more. That minute more, being the 5thSHOWmanship.
                                        MY SIGNATURE:
                                        Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

Comment

^yeah I always thought the Preshow...was lacking compared to HM

Maybe adding some moving shadow projections in the Boiler room could be fun (along with maybe some things add you can touch, and turn, etc)
                                          Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X