• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • YoungImagineer
    Ryan
    • Nov 2010

[Other] Were Things Rushed?

When they announced the opening day of June 15th I thought (along with many others) that there was no way they would meet that deadline. And even a few weeks before it looked like they were doing a bit more than "finishing touches". I haven't been there in person, so my opinions are just from pictures and reviews. And from what I have seen in those pictures, everything looks great. But there are little touches here and there, that they are probably even still finishing, that stick out. I love what they have done with the place, but sometimes you look at it and you just question "what if they would've spent more time?" Thoughts.

• Uncle Bob
    MiceChatter
    • Jan 2008

Re: Were Things Rushed?

This was the probably the most logistically challenging project in Disney history. I'm fine with them keeping the entrance closed for the minimum amount of time possible. It's really not a big deal that a few things are still being finished up. This happens with many projects, both for Disney and everyone else. But if you think more time would have had a different, better final result, it wouldn't. It would have just meant the area was closed longer.
    Please check out my website, UncleBobDisneyGuy.com!

Thanks for your support!

Comment

• MrsMonroe
      I am not a Krusty Krab
      • Jun 2012

after being there Buena Vista Street looks a little rushed but sadly looks better than main street
      sigpic

This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

"You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

Comment

• JerrodDRagon
        Adventure First, Ad Last
        • Mar 2006

I went there today....does not looked rushed to me...looks like the second best land in the park to me..heck might even be tied with Carsland
        Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

• ArchimedesWhatWhat
          "What? What?"
          • May 2012

We touched upon this a bit in the tracker # 12 thread. There is defentely some areas that were rushed to meet opening. It also wasn't a secret that they were being rushed to meet opening. It's not a bad thing... we'll continue to seel growth and additions.

THe main stuff is in and ready... its the little details that will start emerging.

@FromMatterhorn on Twitter & Instagram

Comment

• gomezaddams
            MiceChatter
            • Dec 2011

If the history books are correct, the opening across the Esplanade back on July 17, 1955 was a bit premature, too. I read that it worked out after a while.
            Skiddley Whiffers is a cruel mistress; cold and unforgiving.

Comment

• ArchimedesWhatWhat
              "What? What?"
              • May 2012

Originally posted by gomezaddams View Post
              If the history books are correct, the opening across the Esplanade back on July 17, 1955 was a bit premature, too. I read that it worked out after a while.
              The story goes that your could smell the wet paint walking down main street opening day and something about the blacktop not quite dried where it was sticky on people shoes.

@FromMatterhorn on Twitter & Instagram

Comment

• pyttius
                Loves the GOAT TRICK!
                • Oct 2006

Hahaha!!! I saw the 50th anniversary movie with Steve Martin and BVS had no wet cement anywhere when I was there. If there are some finishing touches that need doing, I didn't really notice. They don't really stick out. The street looks amazing!!

Comment

• DARTH MAUL
                  Banned User
                  • Jul 2010

BVS is stunning. And the details are incredible. Not sure what's still being worked out, but it's great as is. Carsland feels more rushed, ie the Racers constantly breaking down.

Comment

• Mojave
                    DLR Construction nut
                    • Nov 2005

What is meant by "rushed"? That there are still some details left to be finished or that they cut corners to meet the deadline? Sounds like it's the former. In which case, that can all be ironed out over the coming months.

Comment

• Uncle Bob
                      MiceChatter
                      • Jan 2008

Originally posted by DARTH MAUL View Post
                      BVS is stunning. And the details are incredible. Not sure what's still being worked out, but it's great as is. Carsland feels more rushed, ie the Racers constantly breaking down.
                      RSR wasn't rushed, it's just a complex ride system with a lot of sensors that can shut the ride down if it detects any potential dangers. It will get better as they iron out the operational issues, but there's no way to do that until you run it with real guests for a while and see how it operates under real working conditions.
                      Please check out my website, UncleBobDisneyGuy.com!

Thanks for your support!

Comment

• MrsMonroe
                        I am not a Krusty Krab
                        • Jun 2012

i wonder what it will look like come halloween and christmas... hmmm
                        sigpic

This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

"You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

Comment

• biggsworth
                          MiceChatter
                          • Apr 2009

the only part that looks rushed would be the inside of the BVS I feel they are a bit bare as in it seems they are spaced out a bit much. I think it will fill in as time goes on. All in all though I think the whole thing came out great. Carsland to me is about a 9.5 out of 10 and RsR is a top notch attraction. I expect it to break down. So many technologies and equipment working together take time to work out the kinks. I still think it's up a lot more than it's getting credit for.
                          These are some of my favorite TRs I have posted

DL 55th BDAY trip report
                          My company had a special night at the park
                          WdW trip report with WWoHP
                          NYE 2011 trip report
                          Mice Chat 7th anniversary
                          Leap year 24 hour report
                          New DCA trip report
                          NYE 2012
                          HKDL trip report

Comment

• Wesley815
                            MiceChatter
                            • Apr 2005

Originally posted by DARTH MAUL View Post
                            Guess you've never experienced an opening of any Disney attraction... they all have downtimes and take a little while to work out operational issues.

Let me know when you create a $100 million dollar perfect attraction with no downtime, I'll be waiting. I'm sure Disney would hire you too!
                            Last edited by Wesley815; 06-24-2012, 11:03 AM.
                            -Wes

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X