Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do i have bad timing or does this happen to you to?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Fun] Do i have bad timing or does this happen to you to?

The last trip i went on to DLR was June 18-20 and I must have bad luck or something, but we tried to go on RSR in the morning and it was down then later in the after noon it was down and i bet you guessed it an half an hour before closing it was down again. Then the next day we tried to go on roger rabbits in the afternoon broke down then we were like lets go use are space mountain fast passes they were just closing the entry cause it was down, so we were like I give up lets go back to the hotel (DLH) right when we got to the monorail it broke down to. Am i just bad at timing or is DLR attractions giving in a lot more then usually, I know DLR cant control the rides break downs but geez every few we went on broke. has this happened to anyone else lately?

(sorry typed real quick and didn't get to read over for mistakes)

Re: Do i have bad timing or does this happen to you to?

oh poor baby keep on trying

and happens to me too especially during the holiday season :/
    sigpic

This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

"You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

Comment

We did find that there were a lot of rides up and down from June 1st through the 14th, but we made the best of it. One day, we used our Indy fastpass, almost got to the loading que, and yup, the lights came on bright. I knew it had broke down. They annoinced at least another 45 minutes. We bailed. That would have actually been our last time on Indy, and we didn't make it back there before we left. Indy needs some TLC I think. Some of the effects did not work during our rides, but heck, it was still fun.

So sorry you had a "break down" day. At least you got to see Cars Land , and I hope your trip over-all was great!
      sigpic

Comment

reminds me of Rocket Rods
        sigpic

This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

"You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

Comment

Originally posted by MrsMonroe View Post
          LOL that just gave me bad memories of how I whined to my parents that we had to ride that thing, but instead we wasted two hours in line and it broke down while we were in line. Let's just say that's an attraction that I can't say I'm proud to have been part of!

At least it's not Superstar Limo!

Comment

Not lately, but yes it has happen to me plenty of times.
            I am old. But still love Disneyland.

Comment

Yeah, it definitely happens, but given the number of times it happened to you recently... I'd say your timing is pretty bad too. )

Comment

yeah it happens to the best of us. And funny enough not just RsR even though it's getting a bad rap. As far as the rocket rods go man those things were down for hours at a time. I feel fortunately to have ridden them though they were sort of fun....Not really I missed the people mover the moment i got off the RR. The funny thing about the Rocket Rods is they were the first gen of the Test track ride system or the prototype whatever you want to call it.
                These are some of my favorite TRs I have posted

DL 55th BDAY trip report
                My company had a special night at the park
                WdW trip report with WWoHP
                NYE 2011 trip report
                Mice Chat 7th anniversary
                Leap year 24 hour report
                New DCA trip report
                NYE 2012
                HKDL trip report

Comment

Indy always seems to break down :crazylegs and that emoticon is appropriate for that ride
                  sigpic

Comment

That is some tough luck! I (luckily) can't say I've had that many breakdowns happen at one time! (ha hah kind of thought you were going to say the hotel broke down, or something!) However, on Wednesday we were in the Matterhorn bobsled, right at the opening of the mountain... ALL they would have had to do was dispatch us... they shut it down and announced it was going to be down 45 minutes. (after we had JUST waited that long in line plus six months!!) Cast Members can't seem to get the proper stride when the park is extremely slow OR when it is extremely busy. Sometimes I wish they'd just launch empty vehicles rather than throw the timing off. And since the rides have sensors on top of sensors to let the system know how the sensors are doing (did I mention sensors?), they get a few seconds off, and everything shuts down!
                    It's actually "Cars Land", not "Carsland".

Comment

Originally posted by MrsMonroe View Post
                      We never got to ride the Rocket Rods. It was always broken down whenever we were at DL.

Comment

It sounds like a friend of mine. She went years before she was ever able to ride Indy, since it would always be down when she was there, or break down when she was in line. We went with her and her family once. We were determined to get her on Indy for her first time and got in line. After not too long, sure enough, the ride broke down. We all just blamed her for the rest of the day. lol. Eventually, she did get on the ride, and liked it. Hopefully the anticipation really turned out to be part of the enjoyment.
                        http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
                        http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ip-report.html
                        http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...something.html

No matter where you go, there you are.

Comment

When I was there the last week of May, Big Thunder seemed to have an almost supernatural number of breakdowns. It broke down once while I was at the gate (and I got an awesome magic exit pass for Peter Pan). But every single time I walked by that thing, it was offline. I saw it broken more than up. I finally did get to ride it immediately after Fantasmic and as we were walking away we noticed swarms of people coming out of the exits. Yeah. It had broken down again.

I was fortunate that in my week there, I did not experience many overall breakdowns at all. However, Big Thunder seemed like it was out of control.

Comment

Well good thing you didn't try Indiana Jones.
                            Favorite Ride: Tower of Terror

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X