X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

re: RSR vs. Indiana Jones - Merged

Originally posted by MrsMonroe View Post
    but the queue alone in RSR is amazing in so many different ways!!!!!!! same for Indy though
    I don't find anything really detailed or interactive in the queue for RSR. It is pretty plain except for the surrounding rock formations and fountain. Honestly Roger Rabbit, interior Space Mountain, Indy, Big Thunder, Star Tours, TOT, and Haunted Mansion have better queues.
    Last edited by Seawolf; 06-22-2012, 01:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Seawolf View Post
      I don't find anything really detailed or interactive in the queue for RSR. It is pretty plain except for the surrounding rock formations and fountain. Honestly Roger Rabbit, interior Space Mountain, Indy, Big Thunder, Star Tours, TOT, and Haunted Mansion have better queues.
      i was referring to the rocks
      sigpic

This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

"You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

Comment

i was referring to the rocks
        The rock formations are indeed impressive but in my opinion don't convey a great queue, there has to be variety. In Big Thunder for instance they have other items besides the rock formations to get your attention such as the town of rainbow ridge, numerous props, and large water fixtures. In Indy they have elements such as the falling ceiling, rope pulling, artwork, story, and even a fake language embedded in the walls. Every one of the queues I mentioned previously execute these things to an extent, RSR has little much to offer other than the rocks.
        Last edited by Seawolf; 06-22-2012, 01:34 AM.

Comment

space used to have such a cool queue, still better than other queues in DCA where theyre like Magic Mountain: nothing.
          sigpic

This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

"You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

Comment

space used to have such a cool queue, still better than other queues in DCA where theyre like Magic Mountain: nothing.
            Yeah it did have a pretty cool queue, even in the 70's.

Click image for larger version

Name:	aug01_spacemtn1-mid.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	83.7 KB
ID:	7343400

Comment

see now that area is pretty neat the way the barriers look but the lighting was better then. the rockets used to light us, there wasnt a dead astroid there and while in line there were entertaining video clips and you could see into the ride so awesome
              sigpic

Comment

see now that area is pretty neat the way the barriers look but the lighting was better then. the rockets used to light us, there wasnt a dead astroid there and while in line there were entertaining video clips and you could see into the ride so awesome
                I agree, the old queue was better because of that window they had which allowed you to view into space; I think the tradeoff of having a miniscule amount of light bleed into the ride was worth it. The new one feels fake, cramped, and resembles Zenon: girl of the 21st century.
                Last edited by Seawolf; 06-22-2012, 02:01 AM.

Comment

i hated that movie anyways... but Ghost Galaxy is why i love the ride, in the regular seasons there should be projections too, not the same ones but ones of astroids and galaxies etc. so they dont have to go down for a week to re install the projectors
                  sigpic

Comment

I've been a big fan of Indy for a long time.....so the fact that I think Racers gives it a run for its money really says something! I can't really pick a favorite between the two yet. Indy has more thrill and peril; Racers has more charm and beauty. Indy has more impressive environments; Racers has more impressive animatronics. Indy brings back memories of a film franchise I love; Racers gives me surprisingly warm feelings toward a film franchise that I don't love. Both do an amazing job of immersing you in a different world from the moment you enter the queue, and both deliver strong emotional journeys that I find myself wanting to experience again and again.

So for me its a tie right now but we'll see what happens as time passes!

Comment

Have not ridden RSR yet, but I've always found Indy to be completely overrated.

Comment

shoulda added a poll. but id have to go with Indy. For one im a bigger fan of the movies and 2 I think the whole ride is thrilling. unlike RSR

Comment

Originally posted by sir clinksalot View Post
                          Have not ridden RSR yet, but I've always found Indy to be completely overrated.
                          yeah i get what youre saying, i mean, its only the most awesome ride at the original Disneyland im kidding
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CMinParadise View Post
                            I've been a big fan of Indy for a long time.....so the fact that I think Racers gives it a run for its money really says something! I can't really pick a favorite between the two yet. Indy has more thrill and peril; Racers has more charm and beauty. Indy has more impressive environments; Racers has more impressive animatronics. Indy brings back memories of a film franchise I love; Racers gives me surprisingly warm feelings toward a film franchise that I don't love. Both do an amazing job of immersing you in a different world from the moment you enter the queue, and both deliver strong emotional journeys that I find myself wanting to experience again and again.

So for me its a tie right now but we'll see what happens as time passes!
                            For years, people complained about Disney rides always having the "we're doing fine, oh no! something went horribly wrong, but we narrowly escape!" storyline. RSR is a refreshing break from that.

Comment

Originally posted by Seawolf View Post
                              The rock formations are indeed impressive but in my opinion don't convey a great queue, there has to be variety. In Big Thunder for instance they have other items besides the rock formations to get your attention such as the town of rainbow ridge, numerous props, and large water fixtures. In Indy they have elements such as the falling ceiling, rope pulling, artwork, story, and even a fake language embedded in the walls. Every one of the queues I mentioned previously execute these things to an extent, RSR has little much to offer other than the rocks.
                              RSR has just as many things as Big Thunder in the regular queue. You have the rockwork and landscaping of course then you have the radiator spring water feature with attached water tank, you have the water fill up station right across from that, then the queue meanders through three buildings each offering numerous props and settings, and finally watching the cars load and go in the Comfy Caverns Motor Court loading area. IMO RSR has more to it's queue then Big Thunder and Big Thunder is my favorite attraction at DL. And Space...most overrated attraction at the resort and the queue is dank and bland. It's about as impressive as the queue for Soarin...cold and blank metal walls well, at least Soarin has the museum aspect going for it.

As far as between these two attractions...RSR wins out for me but I've never really had Indy as a top attraction. There is just something so heartwarming and fun about RSR. From the beautiful rockwork and landscaping outside, the more than impressive set of AA's and set pieces inside, to the side-by-side race where you can cheer and look at the people next to you racing all put together with a great musical track throughout...it's just great. The storyline, which goes away from the "everything went wrong" aspect, really creates a feel good and fun story. Everybody on the ride and getting off the ride just looks like they had a good time and had fun. It's contagious. RSR is the #1 ride at the resort for me and if I were to make a top 5, Indy would probably be #3. I'd have: 1. RSR, 2. Big Thunder, 3. Indy/ToT tie, 4. Haunted Mansion, 5. TSMM/Star Tours tie.

Comment

Ok, so now I know I'm not the only one that teared up on RSR! Cars is one of my favorite movies so when I saw all the animatronics and stuff I really got emotional. That being said, I don't think RSR compares to Indy in the thrill factor, but comes close as a dark ride. I actually think RSR is better compared to Splash Mountain because it's mostly dark ride with short thrills.

Comment

Indy is overrated. Nothing really happens inside. Most special effects are not successful.

Comment

Originally posted by StevenW View Post
                                    Indy is overrated. Nothing really happens inside. Most special effects are not successful.
                                    if nothing happened inside nobody would ride it

Comment

If Indy had its orignal design to go combine the Jungle Cruise and the Disneyland Railroad?... then I think it would be better.

@FromMatterhorn on Twitter & Instagram

Comment

I like the fact that Lightning McQueen and Maynard decided to allow their exact likenesses to be used in Radiator Springs Racers, unlike Harrison Ford that has an Indy figure that looks more like one of the living dead. I call the figure, "Witch Doctor Jones".
                                        To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Comment

yeah i get what youre saying, i mean, its only the most awesome ride at the original Disneyland im kidding
                                          I totally "get" why people think it's awesome. The queue is amazing, the ride is "fun", but absolutely NOTHING can live up to the hype that ride gets.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X