Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Star Tours. 3 rides, same destinations each time. What are the odds? or was it broke

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Chat] Star Tours. 3 rides, same destinations each time. What are the odds? or was it broke

Star Tours. 3 rides, same destinations each time. What are the odds? or was it broke?

Rode with my Mom who was in town Thursday. Wanted her to experience some different destinations. Ended up with the same beginning (robot), same 1st destination(Pod race), different person, the same 2nd destination(asteroids with bounty hunter) each time we rode it.

I'm thinking the computer was having a problem that controls the randomness if the ride? Don't want to think or research so what were the odds of this occuring.

Anyone else noticing anything wierd?

Re: Star Tours. 3 rides, same destinations each time. What are the odds? or was it b

its just bad luck. if the ride was broke it would have just shut off
    sigpic

This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

"You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

Comment

Re: Star Tours. 3 rides, same destinations each time. What are the odds? or was it b

I'd prefer that over Kashyyyk. I get that darn place almost every time.

Comment

The expectation of an equal distribution of outcomes is not a real characteristic of randomness, just a near universal human misconception.

Comment

As of last trip, I've officially seen every scene.

But when ever we go, we still almost always get:

Robot-Kashyyyk-random-Nabboo
          Disneyland and Haunted Mansion fan boy!

Universal Studios Hollywood Employee

Comment

Well technically speaking, random resets itself with every segment. You have a 1 in 3 chance to get any destination, regardless of what you've previously gotten. So if, for example, you get Robot--> Hoth--> Leia--> Naboo, for your next ride your odds are:

1 out of 2 to get Robot
            1 out of 3 to get Hoth
            1 out of 3 to get Leia
            1 out of 3 to get Naboo

For mathematical purposes, Robot--> Hoth--> Leia--> Naboo, and Robot--> Hoth--> Yoda--> Naboo are two totally different rides. It just seems the same because only one element has changed.

Comment

Originally posted by lazyboy97O View Post
              The expectation of an equal distribution of outcomes is not a real characteristic of randomness, just a near universal human misconception.
              que?
              sigpic

This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

"You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

Comment

assuming you have gone once, the odds of getting that same sequence (same intro, first, and last dest) is 1/18. the odds of hitting that 2 consec times (for your 3rd ride) are 1/324.

Comment

Originally posted by thomaslw View Post
                  assuming you have gone once, the odds of getting that same sequence (same intro, first, and last dest) is 1/18. the odds of hitting that 2 consec times (for your 3rd ride) are 1/324.
                  "Never tell me the odds!"
                  I am a Annual Pass Holder and I'm better than you! lol! :ap:

Comment

Originally posted by thomaslw View Post
                    But what are the odds of all that happening when my Mom is visiting and riding for the very first time and I'm trying to show her how cool the new Star Wars is.

Comment

you got a different hologram transmision you said... so you got one of the different combonations... the ride is working perfectly.

@FromMatterhorn on Twitter & Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Experiment 626 View Post
                        "Never tell me the odds!"
                        NICE. Haha, I got a good chuckle out of this quote.

Comment

We went on Star Tours once on Wednesday and we got some (quite thrilling) scene in the snow where you almost fall off a cliff. I think we were put in the farthest to the right theater.

Comment

We almost always get:

Darth Vader - Hoth - Yoda - Death Star/Boba Fett

My husband thinks its broken.

Comment

I was sure I had seen every scene on this since we have been on it 25 + times... and seen the same scenes several times each...

But then.... on Saturday... we get Death Star/Boba Fett. Completely new to us.

@FromMatterhorn on Twitter & Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by ILVDL View Post
                                We almost always get:

Darth Vader - Hoth - Yoda - Death Star/Boba Fett

My husband thinks its broken.
                                Ooh, jealous. I got Darth Vader only 3 or 4 times in my 25-ish rides. The rest of it was fairly random.

And although it's a random selection, it's selected by a computer and computers are more often that not really only "pseudo-random."

Comment

Cooler than getting Yoda every time I've ever been on the ride... 20+ times....

Comment

Out of all the times I've been on the ride, I've only seen Tattooine once, and the Death Star once.

Luckily when I was the Rebel Spy, we got Vader!
                                    Disneyland and Haunted Mansion fan boy!

Universal Studios Hollywood Employee

Comment

Dang, I had no idea that the scenes change. I would have rode more had I known.
                                      sigpic

Comment

I hate Star Tours 2 worse ride ever!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X