X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: anybody like singing in the park?

Originally posted by NettyVal09 View Post
    I hate when people sing in the parks especially if they are in lines that is the worse!
    Exactly. Especially if it's the person right behind you.
    "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

Comment

Originally posted by Sheriff Lightyear View Post
      This.

and this.
      I think you need to...
      Click image for larger version

Name:	smiledarnyeahsmile.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	31.2 KB
ID:	7343421

Smile, darn ya, smile

You know this hole world is a great world after all

Smile, darn ya, smile
      And right away watch lady luck pay you a call
      Things are never black as they are painted
      Time for you and joy to get acquainted
      Make life worthwhile

Come on and smile, darn ya, smile

Smile, darn ya, smile
      For there is nothing that you cannot overcome
      Smile, darn ya, smile
      And where the clouds appear you soon will find the sun

Life is really only what you make it
      Step right up and show them you can take it
      Make life worth while, come on and smile, darn ya, smile

Smile, darn ya, smile
      You know this hole world is a great world after all
      Smile, darn ya, smile
      And right away watch lady luck pay you a call

Things are never black as they are painted
      Time for you and joy to get acquainted
      Make life worthwhile

Come on and smile, darn ya, smile

@FromMatterhorn on Twitter & Instagram

Comment

Yesterday I spent the ten minutes I was stuck on HM on the ramp leading down to the graveyard (with the raven staring at me) singing along.

Comment

I always leave singing that!! My 6yo sings it all the time at home now and he can't wait to for our next trip.
          Originally posted by Juni View Post
          There's nothing like a rousing chorus of "In the tiki tiki tiki tiki tikie room, in the tiki tiki tiki tiki tiki room, all the birds sing words, and the flowers croon, in the tiki tiki tiki tiki tiki room"
          Disneyland: '76, '77, Jun '84, Dec '87, Dec '88, Apr '97, Nov' 00, Dec '06, Dec '07, Apr '09 and Dec '09, Oct '10, Dec '11, Oct '12, Jan '14, Jan '16 (Star Wars 10k)
          Disney World: Mar '04 and May '13

Comment

Originally posted by calsig31 View Post
            Exactly. Especially if it's the person right behind you.
            I'm sorry none of you enjoy our singing, but I for one don't do it to be obnoxious, it's just so much fun. I wouldn't sing loudly in a line, unless other people were all joining in or it was annoying somebody.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheriff Lightyear View Post
              This.

and this.
              I'm with the Sheriff on this one.

Everyone has their personal opinions on things like this. I would never begrudge anyone the chance to sing if that's what they feel they need to do, and I certainly won't say anything to anyone who does.

But it doesn't mean that it has to be something I like. Everyone has their own taste in what is appealing to them, and hearing someone else drown out something in its natural state just doesn't do it for me. It really has nothing to do with being a gloomy gus or a Scrooge or anything. It's just a distraction to me.

When I first saw the topic of this thread I knew how it was going to go before I even started reading it. Many would say they love to sing. Others would say they don't care for it. And then the latter would get called party poopers. Or I guess "haters gonna hate" is the thing to say nowadays.

I don't see it that way. It's just personal taste. Disneyland to many of us is a show. And while I don't necessarily want to hear the lady in front of me at the Pantages singing along with the score during a Broadway play I'm seeing, I don't want to hear it at Disneyland either.

For me, I think it's because I can get easily distracted by things. And if I'm enjoying the music while watching the fireworks show, e.g., I don't want to find my focus pulled from it.
              Last edited by CASurfer65; 06-23-2012, 10:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by CASurfer65 View Post
                I'm with the Sheriff on this one.

Everyone has their personal opinions on things like this. I would never begrudge anyone the chance to sing if that's what they feel they need to do, and I certainly won't say anything to anyone who does.

But it doesn't mean that it has to be something I like. Everyone has their own taste in what is appealing to them, and hearing someone else drown out something in its natural state just doesn't do it for me. It really has nothing to do with being a gloomy gus or a Scrooge or anything. It's just a distraction to me.

When I first saw the topic of this thread I knew how it was going to go before I even started reading it. Many would say they love to sing. Others would say they don't care for it. And then the latter would get called party poopers. Or I guess "haters gonna hate" is the thing to say nowadays.

I don't see it that way. It's just personal taste. Disneyland to many of us is a show. And while I don't necessarily want to hear the lady in front of me at the Pantages singing along with the score during a Broadway play I'm seeing, I don't want to hear it at Disneyland either.

For me, I think it's because I can get easily distracted by things. And if I'm enjoying the music while watching the fireworks show, e.g., I don't want to find my focus pulled from it.

that's a good point, thanks for your reply I guess it could be distracting to some people.

Comment

Oh, yes! I -- and my whole family -- will often break out in song. We come from a very musical family: My wife and I met in our college choir, and everyone in the family has been (heavily!!) involved in local community theater musicals. So it is not surprising that we will sing at Disneyland.

Of course, there are the rides. It would be very rare for us NOT to sing along with Small World, or Tiki Room (even the non-sing along times), or Peter Pan, or Casey Jr, or Pirates, or Haunted Mansion, or Splash Mountain, or ... well, you get the idea.

But we also will sing along just walking down Main Street (either to the soundtrack, since we've been in many of those musicals) or any Disney song that pops into our heads.

And, I have been known to sing along (softly, mind you) with the Dapper Dans, once I can pick out the bass part.

Naturally, we try not to be obnoxious about it. We are having fun, but we don't want to ruin the Disneyland experience for other guests.

Unless they join in ...
                  Proud member of Team It Doesn't Matterhorn, winners of the 2012 Gumball Rally Team Spirit Award.

Comment

All I gotta say is, if you don't like people singing, then IGNORE IT

and I'm not saying this to be rude. It's just....you can't tell other people what to do, and singing in the park just comes naturally, sometimes people can't help it XD
                    Maybe if you tried it then you won't be complaiing about it XD

Comment

Originally posted by lctom1 View Post
                      Oh, yes! I -- and my whole family -- will often break out in song. We come from a very musical family: My wife and I met in our college choir, and everyone in the family has been (heavily!!) involved in local community theater musicals. So it is not surprising that we will sing at Disneyland.

Of course, there are the rides. It would be very rare for us NOT to sing along with Small World, or Tiki Room (even the non-sing along times), or Peter Pan, or Casey Jr, or Pirates, or Haunted Mansion, or Splash Mountain, or ... well, you get the idea.

But we also will sing along just walking down Main Street (either to the soundtrack, since we've been in many of those musicals) or any Disney song that pops into our heads.

And, I have been known to sing along (softly, mind you) with the Dapper Dans, once I can pick out the bass part.

Naturally, we try not to be obnoxious about it. We are having fun, but we don't want to ruin the Disneyland experience for other guests.

Unless they join in ...
                      Oh I love it! I used to go with my choir in high school so we would all sing along to everything, but since then I've longed to have an experience like yours where everybody sings! How fortunate you are to be in such a lovely musical family

Comment

How can you NOT sing in Disneyland?!
                        The only ones I know have a problem with it are my wife and kids.

I will say the sound level goes lower the more poeple are near me, since I tend to be a bit shy, and I know I sing like a sick cow.
                        http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
                        http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ip-report.html
                        http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...something.html

No matter where you go, there you are.

Comment

Originally posted by sbk1234 View Post
                          How can you NOT sing in Disneyland?!
                          The only ones I know have a problem with it are my wife and kids.

I will say the sound level goes lower the more poeple are near me, since I tend to be a bit shy, and I know I sing like a sick cow.
                          that's alright, I still love singing with everyone, even those who think they can't sing

Comment

Yeah, I sing. I dance too. Whenever I go to Disneyland I'm in this great mood and try to pass it on to as many people as possible (usually little kids, they don't give me weird looks). Almost anything is acceptible in Disneyland as long as it isn't something bad, innapropriate, or annoying (like talking on rides, I HATE that).
                            It means your future hasn't been written yet. No one's has. Your future is whatever you make it. So make it a good one, both of you. - Doc Brown, Back to the Future III
                            Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're going to get. -Forrest Gump
                            Oh yes, the past can hurt. But the from way I see it, you can either run from it, or... learn from it. - Rafiki, Lion King
                            Do or do not. There is no "try".- Yoda, Star Wars
                            What are conscience! I'll tell ya! A conscience is that still small voice that people won't listen to. That's just the trouble with the world today... - Jiminy Cricket, Pinocchio
                            Think of all the you you'll find when you leave the world behing and bud your cares goodbye. - Peter Pan
                            Mama always said, dying was a part of life. I sure wish it wasn't. - Forrest Gump
                            Well, you can't never let anything happen to him. Then nothing would ever happen to him. Not much fun for little Harpo. -Dory, Finding Nemo
                            You don't understand. These are moments I regret, the memories that I have to change. - Cobb, Inception
                            The very things that hold you down are going to lift you up. - Timothy the Mouse, Dumbo
                            Well, the road didn't cut through the land like that interstate. It moved with the land, it rose, it fell, it curved. Cars didn't drive on it to make great time. They drove on it to have a great time. - Sally, Cars
                            In the past, I have made no secret of my disdain for Chef Gusteau's famous motto: Anyone can cook. But I realize, only now do I truly understand what he meant. Not everyone can become a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhere. -Anton Ego, Ratatoulli
                            Space: the final frontier. These are the voyages of the starship Enterprise. Her ongoing mission: to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life-forms and new civilizations; to boldly go where no one has gone before.- Star Trek
                            It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to your enemies, but a great deal more to stand up to your friends. - Dumbledor, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
                            If you don't think, then you shouldn't talk. - March Hare, Alice in Wonderland
                            We don't like what we don't understand. In fact it scares us, snd this monster is mysterious at least.- The Mob, Beauty and the Beast
                            What I love most about rivers is you can't step in the same river twice. The water's always changing, always flowing. But people, I guess, can't live like that. We all must pay a price. To be safe we loose our chance of ever knowing what's around the river bend. -Pocahontas
                            You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. - Christopher Robin, Winnie the Pooh
                            People think I'm odd. So I know how it feels to be different and I know how lonely that can be. - Belle, Beauty and the Beast
                            The only thing predictable about life is its unpredictability. -Remy, Ratatouille
                            If watching is all you're going to do, then you're going to watch your whole life go by without you, - Laverne, The Hunchback of Notre Dame
                            Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something is more important than fear. The brave may not live forever, but the cautious do not live at all. - Eduard Christoff Gerard Renaldi, The Princess Diaries
                            You try. You fail. You try. You fail. But the only true failure is when you stop trying. - Madame Leota, The Haunted Mansion
                            We are not thriving. True, our people live, but our culture is dying. We are like a stone the ocean beats against. With each passing year a little more of us is worn away. - Princess Kida, Atlantis: The Lost Empire

~~Back to the Future Randomness~~
                            Great Scott!
                            This is heavy!
                            Since you're new here, I-I'm gonna cut you a break, today. So, why don't you make like a tree and get outta here?
                            1.21 gigawatts!
                            I remember when this was all farmland as far the eye could see. Old man Peabody owned all of this. He had this crazy idea about breeding pine trees.
                            Well, that is your name, isn't it? Calvin Klein? It's written all over your underwear.
                            Look! There's a rhythmic ceremonial ritual coming up.
                            Okay. Time circuit's on. Flux capacitor, fluxing. Engine running. All right.
                            Say hi to your mom for me.
                            The justice system works swiftly in the future now that they've abolished all lawyers.
                            That's about as funny as a screen door on a battleship.
                            Butthead.
                            Manure! I hate manure!
                            Is this a hold up?- No, it's a science experiment!
                            Clara was one in a million. One in a billion. One in a googolplex!
                            What's your name, dude?- Uh, Mar...Eastwood. Clint Eastwood. -What kind of stupid name is that?

Have a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah day! (Uncle Remus, Song of the South)
                            May the odds be ever in your favor. (Effie, The Hunger Games)
                            Live long and prosper. (Spock, Star Trek)
                            May the force be with you. (Han Solo, Star Wars)

Comment

Originally posted by StarSpeeder View Post
                              Yeah, I sing. I dance too. Whenever I go to Disneyland I'm in this great mood and try to pass it on to as many people as possible (usually little kids, they don't give me weird looks). Almost anything is acceptible in Disneyland as long as it isn't something bad, innapropriate, or annoying (like talking on rides, I HATE that).
                              great that you want to share your happiness with others
                              I haven't tried dancing, I'm not quite so brave.

Comment

Love to sing at the parks! My favorite moment was actually when my two best friends started singing. They were dressed as Sweeney Todd and Mrs. Lovett, and they started singing "A Little Priest" at the boiler room in TOT. Needless to say they were looking at me when describing the grocer part (And I was Peter Pan :P). Truly one of my favorite Disney moments.
                                I have a dream
                                A song to sing
                                To help me cope
                                Trough everything

If you see the wonder
                                of a FairyTale
                                You can take the future
                                even if you fail...

I believe in Angels
                                Something good in everything I see
                                I believe in Angels
                                When I know the time is right for me...

I'll cross the stream.... I have a dream

Comment

It's hard NOT to sing in the parks.

Comment

Originally posted by ttintagel View Post
                                    It's hard NOT to sing in the parks.
                                    Agreed I can't walk through for long without a song coming to mind

Comment

Originally posted by greeeneyes17 View Post
                                      Oh I love it! I used to go with my choir in high school so we would all sing along to everything, but since then I've longed to have an experience like yours where everybody sings! How fortunate you are to be in such a lovely musical family
                                      Hey, the next time you walk down Main Street, U.S.A. and you hear us singing along, don't be shy about joining in!
                                      Proud member of Team It Doesn't Matterhorn, winners of the 2012 Gumball Rally Team Spirit Award.

Comment

Oh yeah, you bet a sing at Disneyland. I sing out in public on a normal day (I have to remind myself to stop), and since Disneyland is full of music I can't help singing along to it.

If I'm by myself, I usually won't sing things that aren't playing in the background because dissonance, but with friends it's anything goes. There was one time I was with a group of music-lovers waiting in line for Ariel's Undersea Adventure, and we started belting out Little Mermaid songs. I thought we were driving other people crazy, but after one song they actually started applauding.

Sorry, was this thread dead?

Comment

i sing on the rides sometimes. but i have my own disneyland cd, so i memorize everything! i usually say all the lines from "Fantasmic!" it is so fun!

The monkeys are pirates! the monkeys for the pink elephant scene change into the pirates for peter pan!

I would love to sing all the time though, i havent been there since my pass expired
                                          sigpic
                                          Who is this yellow bear? Where's Henry?
                                          My name is in 3rd edition HM book! I'm Mari who sent in #7 for "Honorable Mentions"

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X