X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: anybody like singing in the park?

Originally posted by AcmePunched View Post
    I thought we were driving other people crazy, but after one song they actually started applauding.
    Yay! It's that type of thing that I think makes Disneyland so fun!

Originally posted by AcmePunched View Post
    Sorry, was this thread dead?
    No, I don't think so. If it was, then I revived it.
    Proud member of Team It Doesn't Matterhorn, winners of the 2012 Gumball Rally Team Spirit Award.

Comment

Yep, do it all the time. Problem is, I usually do it very quietly (Hubby gets embarrassed) so it sound more like I'm muttering to myself! Worse yet, when I'm doing it silently & find myself swaying or bobbing along to that tune in my head!
      "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

Comment

Originally posted by greeeneyes17 View Post
        that's a good point, thanks for your reply I guess it could be distracting to some people.
        Thanks, greeneyes. Again, I don't like to seem like a party pooper, but I do think that's all it is for me.....a distraction. I'm already easily distracted at times so when I'm enjoying something and really getting involved in it, I find it disconcerting to have my focus pulled from what it is I'm enjoying.

A strange parallel I know, but as much as I might like peanuts, I don't want them on a sundae. I know most people love to have nuts on ice cream sundaes, but for me, all I taste are the peanuts. They pull my taste buds' attention away from the other flavors that I like so much more.

Same goes with singing along with songs at Disneyland. I can be enjoying the music at the fireworks show, but if someone suddenly starts singing next to me, I can't stay completely focused on the show. Same goes though if they're talking loudly throughout. Same difference.

But then again, it's not all about me, so just my opinion.
        Last edited by CASurfer65; 07-14-2012, 11:06 AM.

Comment

I don't usually because I have such an unattractive singing voice. The only exception was when we were in WDW and went to the Country Bears. I sang along with every song, much to the amusement of my 10-year old grandgirl! Fortunately we were in the front row and no one else could hear me!
          sigpic
          Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!

Comment

Singing in Disneyland is just something i do, i dont even realize im doing it, then i realize ive got a chorus of random strangers
            Enter into new Frontiers of Fantasy....... Today.......... Tomorrow.................Forever.........

Comment

i never sing in the parks because it's not something i care to do. but it doesn't bother me when other people do. i've walked by several people that sing. sometimes on the tram back to the parking structure there will be a group of cheerleaders who begin singing and we're all "how do you continue to have so much energy after a 15 hour day? shut up already." lol.

only one time has singing inside the parks really annoyed me. an empty day at Disney, my friend and i went on Big Thunder and a couple behind us kept singing LOUDLY during the entire ride! and it wasn't even Disney music! once they started quoting scenes from Napoleon Dynamite, i was done. i wanted out.

Comment

Originally posted by Flickering Bulb View Post
                i never sing in the parks because it's not something i care to do. but it doesn't bother me when other people do. i've walked by several people that sing. sometimes on the tram back to the parking structure there will be a group of cheerleaders who begin singing and we're all "how do you continue to have so much energy after a 15 hour day? shut up already." lol.

only one time has singing inside the parks really annoyed me. an empty day at Disney, my friend and i went on Big Thunder and a couple behind us kept singing LOUDLY during the entire ride! and it wasn't even Disney music! once they started quoting scenes from Napoleon Dynamite, i was done. i wanted out.
                yeah that would annoy me during rides I can't stand it when people wreck it by saying the lines/singing loudly.

If it's a ride with a song, though, like Splash Mountain, or Small World, I don't mind people singing along to the song.

As long as they're not singing something completely random just to make people mad, it's all good with me.

Comment

One time we were waiting in the line for the park to open and a huge group of young people showed up. I was a bit apprehensive but then they broke out into song and sang several selections for all of us. Turns out they were a choir from one of the local high schools and they sang "California Dreaming" and a couple of other similar type songs.
                  It was a truly wonderful moment and started our day off in the nicest possible way.

Comment

I tend to hum softly. I'm kind of shy to sing. My daughter sings usually off key. My wife likes to join in if she's in the mood. Othewise, she loves to listen to a good singer.
                    I am old. But still love Disneyland.

Comment

Sometimes I sing, but usually I just mouth or hum the words. I think I always mouth the music to every ride, especially in Fantasyland. Actually, I tend to sing the words to the area music in Tomorrowland, and to the Carousel, not super loud and boisterous but in like a talking tone that my friends could hear. I don't really mind people singing unless it's really loud and obnoxious, especially on rides, but I'd rather have people singing obnoxiously than screaming or talking obnoxiously.

Comment

Singing loudly on a ride?

Shake a can of pennies at it!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Coolwowzer View Post
                          Singing in Disneyland is just something i do, i dont even realize im doing it, then i realize ive got a chorus of random strangers
                          As many others have pointed out, it's hard NOT to sing!
                          Proud member of Team It Doesn't Matterhorn, winners of the 2012 Gumball Rally Team Spirit Award.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottG View Post
                            One time we were waiting in the line for the park to open and a huge group of young people showed up. I was a bit apprehensive but then they broke out into song and sang several selections for all of us. Turns out they were a choir from one of the local high schools and they sang "California Dreaming" and a couple of other similar type songs.
                            It was a truly wonderful moment and started our day off in the nicest possible way.
                            that's so cute!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X