X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saark
    replied
    Re: Put the water park in disneyland

Since Disneyland is a business, and is into making money, I think that a miniature golf course located by the Frontier Tower and the Paradise Pier Hotel parking structure, (in the Simba Parking Lot), has a better chance of being built than a waterpark. It would not only attract the hotel guests and theme park guests, but it would also get the Downtown Disney guests.

Leave a comment:

• swampymarsh
    replied

Originally posted by boisemice View Post
    I would love to see a themed DL waterpark, like the ones in WDW (cause lets face it, those are pretty amazing) but they would not be able to be open year round.
    That's why I would like to see one too. The WDW waterparks are rather amazing compared to a Soak City, Wet and Wild or Raging Waters simply because Disney uses a storyline to develop them which provided great theming.

In the end we may see a waterpark at DLR, but it may be likely 50 years in the future.

The reasoning is this:
    DLR guests go 1 or 2 days and DCA was expanded to make it 2 or 3. If they add a water park to get guests to stay for 3 or 4 that would be nice, but all they would get is $45 for entrance. $10 for a coke and hot dog. $15 for parking. $70 in total revenue.
    WDW guest went 5, 6 or 7 days. So WDW built waterparks to get the guests to go 6,7 or 8 days. They got $55 for the ticket. $10 for a coke and hotdog. Nothing for parking. But it doesn't stop there. They also get divided by three for the amount of people in a room, $30 to $130 for another hotel night. Breakfast for $10 and dinner for $20. Increase revenue per guest $115 to $215.

The winning situation at WDW is they had the captive audience to extra money from if they get them to stay one more day. DLR has a tiny captive audience, because many guests drive home at night, or stay and eat offsite.

Disney doesn't need to do this now. If they build one today it's likley to be razed to make room for a more profitable hotel. When Disney has hotel rooms for a large part of its guests, and 3 or 4 gates they may want to use a waterpark as means to increase revenue.

One possible offshoot of this idea I see as possible, is a super pool. The Timon lot and PPH is a good spot for new hotels. It could be replaced by something like WDW's Beach and Yatch Clubs resorts. Twin hotels, basically a big hotel with two check in desks. They share the pool area, Storm Along Bay, that is between them. Storm Along Bay is a driving force for pool hopping ideas at WDW.

Leave a comment:

• Flickering Bulb
    replied

wow, i can't believe i missed this thread so i can express my disgust over a water park inside Disneyland.

but yeah, i'm glad this would NEVER happen.

Leave a comment:

• mickeyfan42
    replied

yeah, I like the idea of a waterpark, but I think it should be outside the park (though in resort area) and either heavily themed to 1 style (like tortuga/Pirates), or just a generic Disney characters theme... Hey, who wouldn't want to see Ariel have a meet and greet in there where she is a mermaid again

Leave a comment:

• Saark
    replied

Great ideas, unfortunately Autopia will never go away, and what you propose would have to be built on top of the Submarine attraction, which wouldn't be able to support the weight. I think Disneyland will be waiting-it-out in regards to a waterpark to see what happens to the proposed waterpark down Harbor Boulevard in Garden Grove, just south of the resort.

Leave a comment:

• disneycoug
    replied

Originally posted by OswaldTheRabbit View Post
    Ya I understand your ideas donaldduckfan#1 but I just do not think its a good idea. We have a former Six Flags theme park near where I live. It use to be called Six Flags Great America -> Paramount's Great America -> California's Great America (currently), .
    By the way, the California version of Great America was never a Six Flags Theme Park. When it was originally built by Marriott, it had a sister park in Illinois that became Six Flags Great America.

Leave a comment:

• Maleficent4811
    replied

I could get behind a water park addition to the resort, but not inside the park. It should be a park of its own. But with the comes a million other details I don't even want to stress my brain on thinking about hahaha

Leave a comment:

• patton45
    replied

[QUOTE=donaldduckfan#1;1056790747]Put the water park inside Disneyland.

No, No, No, No, No. What you just described sounds like a Six Flags Park, something we hopefully want to avoid by going to Disneyland.

Leave a comment:

• Bob Weaver
    replied

A water park as part of the hotel complex would give it more of a resort feel. And I would even push for a mini golf course, which they once had. The water park could have a retractable roof for use in the winter - the company can certainly afford it. And I would keep it partially closed even in the summer. Some people (me included) like the fun of a water park but don't like to be in the sun all day.

Leave a comment:

• DisneyRicky
    replied

There just simply isn't a whole lot of space available to Disney.
    Unless Disney wants to do some sort of underground parking garage, they are out of luck for space.

Here is all the area around Disneyland & DCA, circled in Blue is Disney-owned parking, which I suppose can be converted...

Leave a comment:

• DARTH MAUL
    replied

Originally posted by Sambo View Post
    It is June twenty third, not April first...
    :clap:

Leave a comment:

• boisemice
    replied

It's just not warm enough, sadly. I would love to see a themed DL waterpark, like the ones in WDW (cause lets face it, those are pretty amazing) but they would not be able to be open year round.

Leave a comment:

• ShelbyH
    replied

Soak City is actually a pretty good water park, as far as water parks go. Yeah, there's no theming, but the slides and such are well-done. Water park enthusiasts can hop on the bus and go there no problem. DLR is not WDW. Comparisons are moot.

Leave a comment:

• Sambo
    replied

It is June twenty third, not April first...

Leave a comment:

• OswaldTheRabbit
    replied

To Clarify since it seems there was some misunderstanding with my post.

I would never compare quality of Six Flags to Disney because there is no comparison on any level, and I am sure that any water park designed by Disney would be better then one from Sig Flags.

The mentioning of Six Flags was to speak that another theme park had tried to put a waterpark design into a successful theme park for the same reasons Donald mentioned, relieving crowds and increasing attendance. My point was they tried and it did not work as a point of relevant context.

I never said Disney would put a water park inside of Disneyland, in fact I speak about how it would be highly unlikely and that the space described would be better suited for Tommorowland expansion and refursbishments, and that Disney would purchase more land, or use existing land outside of Disneyland for a fully themed waterpark.

Lastly to clarify, Donald's thread was IDEA, and there is nothing wrong with people expressing their ideas. Acknowledging Donald's idea and where he is coming from is to add some positivity to a thread which from his idea was just going to have a lot of "that will never happen for reason A, B, and C". Everyone has ideas and dreams, and us just shooting them down without any positive intent or looking at it from their perspective goes against the many ideas and morals Disney stands for.

Leave a comment:

• DARTH MAUL
    replied

I didn't say I don't think they should have a water park, it just shouldn't be in the park.

Leave a comment:

• Krack
    replied

No thanks. I like Disneyland; I do not like being wet. I don't even ride Splash Mountain anymore.

Leave a comment:

• Ride Warrior
    replied

Originally posted by Disneylandfan67 View Post
    Disney is all about theme and quallity, plopping in a bunch of generic water rides in the middle of Tommorowland and Fantasyland is just not a good idea. These rides do not belong there.
    Typhoon Lagoon (including Crush 'n Gusher eater coaster) and Blizzard Beach are highly themed eaterparks at WDW, pretty near as popular as the theme parks. Nobody is even remotely suggesting that a waterpark should be placed inside the Finding Nemo submarine Lagoon, Voyage of the Little Mermaid or anyplace else in the DLR theme parks. Nemo and Ariel would get pretty ticked off over that.

Originally posted by DARTH MAUL View Post
    ^That. Good sense and logic just speaks against this.
    Us waterpark enthusiasts are hoping that some of those against it would let the logic slide a little....so hat we can slide a lot.

Originally posted by OswaldTheRabbit View Post
    Ya I understand your ideas donaldduckfan#1 but I just do not think its a good idea. We have a former Six Flags theme park near where I live. It use to be called Six Flags Great America -> Paramount's Great America -> California's Great America (currently), anyway long story short they did what you are suggesting. Great America was a pretty fun theme park (think Magic Mountain with less thrill attractions if your from So Cal.). They got the idea some years back to put in an area called Boomerang Bay, loosely based over the Crocodile Dundee franchise. So about half way into the park they put all of the water attractions. Mostly the ones you would expect, two high-rise twisting water slides, lazy river, wave pool, a few unique skin board like slides and a big interactive water play area. Complete with its own changing rooms, cabanas, eating areas, etc.... This part of the park is open every day the main park is, however after it was built it simply did not bring in the amount of visitors they thought they would receive, and unless it is a really hot day that part of the park is mostly empty. And when it is packed, most people who go to the water part could care less about the rest of the park.

At that point I would rather them use some of the space for improving Tommorowland/Fantasyland (I believe the old motor-boat area is going to be a water Tinker Bell dark ride from what I understand), and Disney hold off and build a separate themed water park outside of Disneyland on another patch of land.

All being said though, if Disney decided to go with your idea I like the way you thought it out. You could also make an argument for increasing frontierland, the jamboree area and under the berm (which would give you another possible entrance) for a expanded Rivers of America waterpark.
    First off, Disney quality has nothing to do with six Flags. You never see a Six Flags park anwhere near a Disney park becaus they fear the quality competition. That said, a disney waterpark would blow away Boomarang Bay or anything else they come up with. Secondly, Disney would never place a waterpark inside a regular theme park such as Disneyland. Thirdly, Disney is rife with dollars to buy up the land/property of businesses located near the Disneyland resort for however they wish to expand - regardless of whether the former strawberry field is used or not.

Leave a comment:

• OswaldTheRabbit
    replied

Ya I understand your ideas donaldduckfan#1 but I just do not think its a good idea. We have a former Six Flags theme park near where I live. It use to be called Six Flags Great America -> Paramount's Great America -> California's Great America (currently), anyway long story short they did what you are suggesting. Great America was a pretty fun theme park (think Magic Mountain with less thrill attractions if your from So Cal.). They got the idea some years back to put in an area called Boomerang Bay, loosely based over the Crocodile Dundee franchise. So about half way into the park they put all of the water attractions. Mostly the ones you would expect, two high-rise twisting water slides, lazy river, wave pool, a few unique skin board like slides and a big interactive water play area. Complete with its own changing rooms, cabanas, eating areas, etc.... This part of the park is open every day the main park is, however after it was built it simply did not bring in the amount of visitors they thought they would receive, and unless it is a really hot day that part of the park is mostly empty. And when it is packed, most people who go to the water part could care less about the rest of the park.

At that point I would rather them use some of the space for improving Tommorowland/Fantasyland (I believe the old motor-boat area is going to be a water Tinker Bell dark ride from what I understand), and Disney hold off and build a separate themed water park outside of Disneyland on another patch of land.

All being said though, if Disney decided to go with your idea I like the way you thought it out. You could also make an argument for increasing frontierland, the jamboree area and under the berm (which would give you another possible entrance) for a expanded Rivers of America waterpark.

Leave a comment:

• donaldduckfan#1
    replied

Originally posted by Disneylandfan67 View Post
    Disney is all about theme and quallity, plopping in a bunch of generic water rides in the middle of Tommorowland and Fantasyland is just not a good idea. These rides do not belong there.
    I am sure Disney would put all the slides in a Fantasyland or Tomorrowland in theme they would not put slides with bare steel exposed like other water parks. I did say the budget would be about 200 million for a 8 acre water park that a huge budget

Leave a comment:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X