Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DLR owns supposedly 492 acres where are they?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Question] DLR owns supposedly 492 acres where are they?

    Ok Disneyland is 85 Acres and DCA is 67 where are the rest? counting the 2 parks you still have over 300 acres to play with
    can someone please explain?

  • #2
    Re: DLR owns supposedly 492 acres where are they?

    Strawberry Fields (Toy Story Lot)
    Pumbaa Lot
    Disneyland Hotel/Paradise Pier Hotel/adjacent lots
    Mickey and Friends/Pinnochio Lot
    DtD/Grand Californian
    Backstage area's

    It adds up.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: DLR owns supposedly 492 acres where are they?

      You have to keep in mind the Downtown disney area, all 3 hotels, Mickey&friends and the toy story lot, and whats left of the lion king lots, and the esplanade.. Lots more than the two parks DCAfanatic!

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: DLR owns supposedly 492 acres where are they?

        Originally posted by DCAfanatic View Post
        Ok Disneyland is 85 Acres and DCA is 67 where are the rest? counting the 2 parks you still have over 300 acres to play with
        can someone please explain?
        DL, DCA, Downtown Disney, M&F Parking Structure, DLH, PPH, Simba Parking Lot, Pumba Parking Lot, Toy Story Parking Lot, Katella Caster Member Parking Lot - rumored that they own the old Ampex Building North of Pumba......

        Speculation here, but the lot on Katella where Del Taco is might be owned by Disney. Additionally, there are two Mobile Home parks (Plantation Mobile Estates) South of Del Taco and East of Katella Cast Members Lot that have conspicuous empty lots.

        And there's always Gardenwalk - but no one seems to know for sure what happened to the sale earlier this year......
        Last edited by sdjeff4sc; 06-23-2012, 02:35 PM. Reason: Add'l Info

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: DLR owns supposedly 492 acres where are they?

          The backstage areas of Disneyland and DCA probably count for 75 acres alone, the Esplanade and DTD another 25 acres. Then you've got the hotels and all the land from Katella to Ball east of Walnut, probably 100 acres altogether. The strawberry fields... 100 acres? Pumbaa Lot and the land just north of that. That definitely closes you in on 450+ acres.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: DLR owns supposedly 492 acres where are they?

            Originally posted by sdjeff4sc View Post
            DL, DCA, Downtown Disney, M&F Parking Structure, DLH, PPH, Simba Parking Lot, Pumba Parking Lot, Toy Story Parking Lot, Katella Caster Member Parking Lot - rumored that they own the old Ampex Building North of Pumba......

            Speculation here, but the lot on Katella where Del Taco is might be owned by Disney. Additionally, there are two Mobile Home parks (Plantation Mobile Estates) South of Del Taco and East of Katella Cast Members Lot that have conspicuous empty lots.

            And there's always Gardenwalk - but no one seems to know for sure what happened to the sale earlier this year......
            ok so there all over the place? and will they buy more

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: DLR owns supposedly 492 acres where are they?

              Originally posted by DCAfanatic View Post
              ok so there all over the place? and will they buy more
              ANY land that becomes available w/in the Anaheim Resort District is going to be expensive. Additionally, the City of Anaheim has already zoned most of it in agreement w/ Disney under the Resort District Master Plan. On satellite photos, I look for empty lots....... there's Ampex North of Pumba (I think Disney owns that), there's Gardenwalk, there's Toy Story, but I'm curious about the "Boogie"/Del Taco lot East of Gardenwalk and the mobile home parks directly South......

              Part of what spurred Walt to build WDW was his inability in 1955 to purchase more land surrounding DL and he regretted the rather cheap hotels and retail that sprouted around the Magic Kingdom. Hence, in Florida, he had to buy land outside of Orlando using a myriad of shell companies to prevent the cost of land from skyrocketing. When it finally broke that Disney was behind the acquisitions in Florida, land costs went up over 1000%, fortunately, they already had most of what they needed.

              Anaheim is a similar problem, except that everyone knows Disney wants ANY land that comes available, hence the acquisition costs are astronomical. Additionally, everyone knows about the use of shell companies too...... The pencilpushers in Burbank are known to bargain very hard, I'm sure they've walked away from many deals because the asking price was too much or that they realize no one in the resort district can fully realize the potential of their land w/out Disney's cooperation (Gardenwalk.....).

              So yes, Disney owns land all over the place, and probably a good bit more that no one even knows about - but they won't come out and say it for fear of making the remaining land around the DLR even that much more expensive.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: DLR owns supposedly 492 acres where are they?

                Originally posted by sdjeff4sc View Post
                ANY land that becomes available w/in the Anaheim Resort District is going to be expensive. Additionally, the City of Anaheim has already zoned most of it in agreement w/ Disney under the Resort District Master Plan. On satellite photos, I look for empty lots....... there's Ampex North of Pumba (I think Disney owns that), there's Gardenwalk, there's Toy Story, but I'm curious about the "Boogie"/Del Taco lot East of Gardenwalk and the mobile home parks directly South......

                Part of what spurred Walt to build WDW was his inability in 1955 to purchase more land surrounding DL and he regretted the rather cheap hotels and retail that sprouted around the Magic Kingdom. Hence, in Florida, he had to buy land outside of Orlando using a myriad of shell companies to prevent the cost of land from skyrocketing. When it finally broke that Disney was behind the acquisitions in Florida, land costs went up over 1000%, fortunately, they already had most of what they needed.

                Anaheim is a similar problem, except that everyone knows Disney wants ANY land that comes available, hence the acquisition costs are astronomical. Additionally, everyone knows about the use of shell companies too...... The pencilpushers in Burbank are known to bargain very hard, I'm sure they've walked away from many deals because the asking price was too much or that they realize no one in the resort district can fully realize the potential of their land w/out Disney's cooperation (Gardenwalk.....).

                So yes, Disney owns land all over the place, and probably a good bit more that no one even knows about - but they won't come out and say it for fear of making the remaining land around the DLR even that much more expensive.
                Thanks for the explanation !

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: DLR owns supposedly 492 acres where are they?

                  Originally posted by DCAfanatic View Post
                  Thanks for the explanation !

                  also, dont forget about the multiple warehouses on Cerritos that house decorations, and stock for the stores year round
                  "Raiders Suck"
                  -Walt Disney

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: DLR owns supposedly 492 acres where are they?

                    Originally posted by Daboltz View Post
                    also, dont forget about the multiple warehouses on Cerritos that house decorations, and stock for the stores year round
                    where in cerritos, i wanna know

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: DLR owns supposedly 492 acres where are they?

                      The empty mobile home lots south of DL were cleared for an extention of Gene Autrey Way west over the freeway and in to the resorts area. the construction on that bridge that ties to the HOV lanes and the road in towards Haster St is currently underway.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: DLR owns supposedly 492 acres where are they?

                        Where does the 492 acres, figure come from? Does anyone one have any official information that states this?
                        Be Cool Stay in School!
                        Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: DLR owns supposedly 492 acres where are they?

                          Originally posted by swampymarsh View Post
                          Where does the 492 acres, figure come from? Does anyone one have any official information that states this?
                          "The Company owns 461 acres and has the rights under long-term lease for use of an additional 49 acres of land in Anaheim,
                          California"

                          Its 462 acres Disney owns and they have long term lease use for the other 49 acres, and this info can be found in the 2011, annual report.

                          The joy of a public company, can't hide much and the annual report is full of good info.

                          http://cdn.media.ir.thewaltdisneycom...kwrap-2011.pdf

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: DLR owns supposedly 492 acres where are they?

                            disney owns all the way to Garden Grove Blvd but theres already buildings on those lands
                            sigpic

                            This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

                            "You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: DLR owns supposedly 492 acres where are they?

                              Disney likely owns the water storage area that contains some water for paradise pier's lagoon. The location might be east of the parks.

                              Comment


                              • #16
                                Re: DLR owns supposedly 492 acres where are they?

                                Originally posted by sdjeff4sc View Post
                                DL, DCA, Downtown Disney, M&F Parking Structure, DLH, PPH, Simba Parking Lot, Pumba Parking Lot, Toy Story Parking Lot, Katella Caster Member Parking Lot - rumored that they own the old Ampex Building North of Pumba......

                                Speculation here, but the lot on Katella where Del Taco is might be owned by Disney. Additionally, there are two Mobile Home parks (Plantation Mobile Estates) South of Del Taco and East of Katella Cast Members Lot that have conspicuous empty lots.

                                And there's always Gardenwalk - but no one seems to know for sure what happened to the sale earlier this year......
                                Can Someone show a map of the owned land!

                                Comment


                                • #17
                                  Re: DLR owns supposedly 492 acres where are they?

                                  Originally posted by DannyLand View Post
                                  where in cerritos, i wanna know
                                  not in Cerritos......On Cerritos (avenue) in Anaheim
                                  "Raiders Suck"
                                  -Walt Disney

                                  Comment


                                  • #18
                                    Re: DLR owns supposedly 492 acres where are they?

                                    As for the Del Taco: Flakey Jake's lot, Disney either owns it or leased it. It was used to inspect and inventory trucks for DCA construction.
                                    WELCOME ABOARD
                                    THE DISNEYLAND MONORAIL SYSTEM!

                                    Comment

                                    Get Away Today Footer

                                    Collapse
                                    Working...
                                    X