X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Review] Park Vue Inn Review

From the Lagoon of Liquidspaceman...
    For those of you wondering where to stay when at "The Happiest Place on Earth."
    My family of five stayed at the Park Vue Inn, in May, for my daughter's 18th birthday.
    We took advantage of the 6 day park hopper, so we spent 5 fun-filled nights at the hotel.
    Upon entering our room, there was a birthday bag for my daughter, along with balloons!
    She also got a coupon for a free Birthday Ice Cream Cake, as well as a 10% discount for the
    rest of my family at Cold Stones Creamery, which is located in front of the hotel. We had great service there.
    When my daughter opened her present, she found out it was meant for a little girl, but some how, guest services
    realized their error and the next day my daughter had a more age appropriate present from the front desk.
    Another plus with staying at the Park Vue Inn was the location! It is right across the street from the Disneyland
    Resort. It is actually the closest hotel to the DL property, which made us very happy at the end of the day.
    They also have a free breakfast, which includes waffles and omelets! But the kicker with this place is that they
    also offer a free small dinner too (I think from 5-7pm)! We had mac-n-cheese one night and sliders another night,
    and hot dogs another night. It also comes with salad, drinks and other varieties of food.
    I was skeptical about staying there, because I wondered why I couldn't find them advertised anywhere. I see that they advertise by word of mouth and pass on the savings and amenities to their guests. They also have a very nice and clean pool, laundry facilities and every room has a frig., hair dryer coffee pot, etc. My family and I had a great time here and plan on making it our tradition, unless I win the lottery and then we will be staying at the Grand Californian! The only downside was the fold up bed my son slept on. It was a tad lumpy. I'm sure if I had mentioned it to them, they would have given us a better one though. For the price, it is a clean, quiet, family owned hotel. Check it out!:thumbup:
    ...Liquidspaceman, over and out!
    -Silent Sentinel of the Deep-

We've enjoyed having you aboard on this
    adventerous voyage through Liquidspace...
    our last frontier on the planet Earth.

Re: Park Vue Inn Review

Here's a picture of the clean and updated pool area from our room.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Park Vue Pool.png
Views:	1
Size:	213.0 KB
ID:	7343430

Comment

Wow, sounds like a great spot! Thanks for sharing your experiences with us. And by the way, from your avatar and signature, can I assume you were once a Submarine Voyage Cast Member? If so, I'm sure we'd all love hearing stories from your time as a skipper!

Comment

My Inlaws have stayed here and enjoyed it.

Comment

I had found this place to be great for the many extras it provides.

They have made a decision that will keep it from being one of my first choices.
          This is from their Facebook page.

Rumor has it that some of your freebies are going away.

"Free water bottles
          cookies/punch will be during check in ONLY
          Free Welcome basket
          Afternoon food (will continue to have breakfast tho)"

Can you confirm or deny?

Park Vue Inn The changes to our amenities are due to a decreased demand for these offerings and an increased demand for upgrades to our rooms. In order to continue to upgrade our rooms and stay competitive with our pricing we had to make changes to the offerings that had the least demand. Thank you for your understanding.
          I've always found it to be a very good motel with excellent location, but without these extras that you can't find elswhere on the block, it's no longer a standout.
          Be Cool Stay in School!
          Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Comment

Originally posted by swampymarsh View Post

I've always found it to be a very good motel with excellent location, but without these extras that you can't find elswhere on the block, it's no longer a standout.
            I hope this isn't true, swampymarsh. I just checked out their fb page and didn't see anything about them cutting back on amenities. If you have a date, on their timeline, I'd appreciate it. In the meantime, I'll be calling them in the morning.

Comment

Originally posted by Liquidspaceman View Post

I hope this isn't true, swampymarsh. I just checked out their fb page and didn't see anything about them cutting back on amenities. If you have a date, on their timeline, I'd appreciate it. In the meantime, I'll be calling them in the morning.
              Check the "posts by others". It's by someone named Chris on the 17th.
              Be Cool Stay in School!
              Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Comment

Originally posted by swampymarsh View Post

Being in the hotel business, its hard for hotels to justify offering too many freebies since the majority of guests these days choose by price and pretty much price alone.

My last property close to 70% of guests were booking via auction type sites or rates where the property name is not released until after payment.

We were a good hotel with good ratings, but more and more are going to these type of booking sites, and well hard to justify freebies in cases like this.

Its pretty clear, this hotel doesn't see the freebies as something that brings value to the property and guests would prefer a nicer more upgraded room.

Comment

do they have a website? i can't seem to find it.
                  That's as it should be.

Comment

Originally posted by joy bells View Post
                    do they have a website? i can't seem to find it.
                    Park Vue Inn :: Welcome to the Park Vue Inn
                    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

Comment

Thanks!
                      That's as it should be.

Comment

I've stayed at park vue many times over the past 10 years, and I must say I appreciate the upgrades they've done in that time. They aren't always the cheapest hotel, but staying right across the street from the main entrance just can't be beat. My boyfriend really misses the cookies that used to greet us upon our arrival, but as of 6/10, the welcome basket was still there when we checked in as usual.

Comment

Originally posted by Werner View Post
                          Wow, sounds like a great spot! Thanks for sharing your experiences with us. And by the way, from your avatar and signature, can I assume you were once a Submarine Voyage Cast Member? If so, I'm sure we'd all love hearing stories from your time as a skipper!
                          Sorry to disappoint you Werner. I am only a big fan of Disneyland. I went back in time to pull that quote out. I have fond memories of DL in the 60's and 70's. My brother and I actually thought the subs went deep underwater. What an effective fx using the bubbles to simulate going down into "liquidspace."

Comment

was there an extra charge for the birthday basket and present. We are looking at going in May for my youngest daughter's 13 birthday and my grandson's 1st birthday. We normally stay at the Super 8 on disneyland drive ( the one on Katella sucked), I really like the Super 8 but it is a basic hotel and Park vue sounds better.

Comment

Originally posted by lou_mom View Post
                              was there an extra charge for the birthday basket and present. We are looking at going in May for my youngest daughter's 13 birthday and my grandson's 1st birthday. We normally stay at the Super 8 on disneyland drive ( the one on Katella sucked), I really like the Super 8 but it is a basic hotel and Park vue sounds better.
                              There was no extra fee for the birthday basket, or the free Cold Stone ice cream cake. It was all included.

Comment

I've stayed with the Park Vue Inn too many times to count! We've recommended it to friends, and always get them to book with us there when we go down together. It's great! I mean, it's not a fancy hotel. But for what you pay, the easy parking and convenient location, along with the easy access to rooms and cleanliness and friendliness from the staff, it is well worth it.

We recently became Resort Hotel snobs (we always get a room with park view and concierge in the Paradise Pier) but when we are on a budget, this hotel is our first choice. Definitely recommended!
                                It's easy enough to be pleasant
                                when life hums along like a song.
                                But the man worth while
                                is the man who can smile
                                when everything goes dead wrong.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X