Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Merchandise? Sold out? Anything good left?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eicarr
    replied
    Re: Merchandise? Sold out? Anything good left?

They are losing thousands of dollars every day they don't have those fun silly little cone cups I love. If I were them I would sell them all over both parks for 1-2 years until making it exclusive at the cozy cone once the craze dies down. Perfect item. Not like the awkward race car popcorn bucket or r2d2 bucket. I never buy $7 souvenir cups but didn't think for a second about paying $12 for a large soda (over $10 profit for them). I even got the red car trolly sundae cup. Happy they have some cool stuff when not sold out.

Leave a comment:

• Miss Stitch
    replied

I went today and got a tire hat (the mouse ears one, not the Luigi one). I did find some 'grand opening stuff' outside of Cars Land, but there wasn't much inside. They were out of the cone cups, so I'll have to check back for those. I settled for a souvenir glass that came with my apple freeze.

Leave a comment:

• eicarr
    replied

I just wanted to report back after my trip. Very happy with what they had and what I got. First off, I bought a couple drink cones with soda and cars land root beer float glasses. It's the dorkey stuff like that I like. Each day that I bought a cone, 2-3 people asked me where I got it and looked excited when I told them. GOLD MINE for disney.

I love my little die-cast figures of the ride vehicles in cars land as well as the sound track. Almost bought one of those flying tire toys. Not sure what it did, but knew it would hold my interest for 5 seconds but my cat might like it.

I settled on a metal poster of the flying tires ride over t-shirts. They didn't have my size of oswald the rabbit T-shirt (too big and too small). Didn't get the tire had. Not big on the shirts and caps... too much text or "coming in 2012". But on the right track, much better than expected.

Anyways... lots of great stuff. Picked up a lot more than my last few semi-annual trips.

Leave a comment:

• Maggieb9975
    replied

Originally posted by ghosty4 View Post
    YES. They do have those! At Ramone's. Possibly Elias & Co.
    Thankyou sooo much. My DD will be super excited. She has wanted one since she saw the picture. Going to Disneyland for first time next week !! We are really looking forward to this trip and this board has been great for information!

Leave a comment:

• ghosty4
    replied

YES. They do have those! At Ramone's. Possibly Elias & Co.

Leave a comment:

• Maggieb9975
    replied

Just wondering if they have the white carsland hoodies. They had the word cars in a red box and a large V on the front. Thanks!
    Last edited by Maggieb9975; 07-03-2012, 04:39 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ghosty4
    replied

Originally posted by 2ndStar2theRight View Post
    UPDATE: Mission Accomplished. I got my tire hat!
    Super! They had a rack full of them on BVS earlier in the week, but then I went on Saturday and I didn't see them (even the rack they were on was gone!), and I heard Cast Members telling Guests that they were gone so I was hoping you had the chance to grab one!

Leave a comment:

• 2ndStar2theRight
    replied

UPDATE: Mission Accomplished. I got my tire hat!

Like ghosty4 said, I made sure to check out Elias & Co. on BVS for Cars Land merch and found lots of opening day merchandise (e.g. CL, BVS, & Red Trolley). However, they didn't have any tire hats -- that really had me worried so I rushed over to CL. I checked out all 3 merch. shops in CL and only found 1 rack of tire hats @ Sarge's. I don't know if it's been made official but I believe tire hats are, as of June 30, sold out. Around 7 pm the rack of tires @ Sarge's that I saw in the morning, had no tire hats on it but instead was stocked with backpacks.

Leave a comment:

• GhostHost
    replied

Once this batch of CDs sells out, I would not expect another batch as they are Limited Edition and marked as such. Disney can not just keep reproducing them.

Leave a comment:

• 2ndStar2theRight
    replied

Thanks ghosty4! Tomorrow I'll definitely check out Elias & Co. on my way to CL for tire hats

Leave a comment:

• ghosty4
    replied

There have been tire hats for sale over the last two days, so cross your fingers, I guess! (And get them at Elias & Co, don't go the whole way to Cars Land for them!!)

---------- Post added 06-29-2012 at 04:03 AM ----------

Originally posted by filmfreak11 View Post
    They don't have anymore Piston Cups labeled "Grand Opening 2012"
    They do, I saw one just tonight (Thursday).

Leave a comment:

• 2ndStar2theRight
    replied

I plan on dropping by DLR on Saturday to buy some tire hats. Are there any tire hats left? If so, do you think there are enough leftover for purchase on Saturday?

Leave a comment:

• PandaNomz
    replied

Cone cups are sold out but they're not gonna be gone forever. We still have commemorative shirts, cups, and 'toothpick holders', some champions hoodies that say grand opening and low and slow shirts that say grand opening on them. These are all at elias and co as of yesterday.

Leave a comment:

• jsanch2
    replied

Originally posted by laughingperson5 View Post
    my friend wanted a cone cup so she asked a CM.
    they said that they sold out on father's day and they're waiting for a new shipment to arrive.
    I hope they get these by the end this weekend... I'm so mad at myself that I didn't go crazy when I was there for the media preview on the 14th!! I wish I had bought more stuff

Leave a comment:

• laughingperson5
    replied

my friend wanted a cone cup so she asked a CM.
    they said that they sold out on father's day and they're waiting for a new shipment to arrive.

Leave a comment:

• filmfreak11
    replied

They don't have anymore Piston Cups labeled "Grand Opening 2012"

Leave a comment:

• fishgal
    replied

They currently have the soundtrack CDs in stock as well as the tire hats.

Leave a comment:

• Bongo
    replied

Last time I went, which was Friday the 22, they were still selling opening day T-Shirts. The ones put out were the last in stock. I went ahead and bought one to put up on my wall because I did go on opening day but forgot to buy the T-Shirt, so now I have proof to show to my friends that I was there when it all began.

Leave a comment:

• MAH4546
    replied

These aren't temporary items. By the time you go, the soundtrack and cups might very well be back. Those and the Buena Vista monorail accessory pack is all I've noticed missing.

Leave a comment:

• 2ndStar2theRight
    replied

Originally posted by Armadillo4 View Post
    There were still a lot of Luigi's Tire Hats as of Sunday evening at 6pm. Maybe they found a little extra stock somewhere, or the popularity/novelty is wearing out. I only saw two guests wearing them the entire day.
    Now that you mention it... on Saturday I saw at most 25 people wearing tire hats.

I don't think Disney will stop producing these tire hats any time soon but I really want to get one on my next visit. I must have stopped at the stores 3 different times just to stare at it and try it on.

Leave a comment:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X