Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Air pressure release sound next to RSR waterfall?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Air pressure release sound next to RSR waterfall?

After riding RSR a few times now I've kind of become picky about every little detail. Every single time I've ridden the ride, I've noticed this little air release sound every time you pass the waterfall outside. It seems as if they were trying to get the sound of the water and the onboard music to overshadow it but it is still pretty loud, made me realize that I was back in a slot car again that was driving itself lol. Not that I really care about it that much or say that you should care, but I'm just curious to know how many people have noticed this, and any other small things like this that you might notice in other rides?

For reference, it is in 0:24-0:25 of this onride video:

Radiator Springs Racers (Disney's California Adventure Park - Cars Land) - YouTube

Re: Air pressure release sound next to RSR waterfall?

What is that for exactly? The first couple rides I took I looked around for some sort of effect or reason for its existence. Is it caused by the vehicle?

Comment

I've been wondering the same thing ever since I first went on RSR. I thought the air sound was the sound of some kind of special effect but I have never noticed anything different. On another note, the air pressure sound does remind me of the 'flying spear room' on Indy... but I don't remember spears as a part of the Cars movies.)

I do believe in fairies. I do. I do.

Comment

Yeah! I've been wondering the same too! I hear it consistently every time I ride it. It's so weird to have that sound at the waterfall scene.
        My Adventure Blog

flickr

Comment

I just like to pretend that someone had to sneeze really awkwardly. That's my cover story and I'm sticking to it.

Total Tender Rides: 20
          Total Lilly Belle Rides: 9
          Total Dapper Days Attended: 2
          Total Mark Twain Wheelhouse Rides: 5

Comment

Probably just air brakes setting.

Comment

^^ yes it is the breaking system releasing air , each car has a compressor built into it for the breaking system , I also noticed it the very first time I rode it. I wish they would put a blater on the exhaust to muffle the sound of it being released
              Im here for fun and info not be a bully! Carsland here I come:yea:

Comment

In the video, it looks like the air blows the woman's hair. She turns and looks all confused. Or is that from something else? It seems weird that releasing air from the braking system would do that.

Comment

I think they tried to mask with sound of the waterefall but that didn't work. I wonder if it's a switch between drivign systems or something. I noticed ti does it right at the end of your race... and the waterfall makrs the end of your slow scene drive into your crazy cruise through teh cave and route 66. I am going to listen more closesly, I wonder if the noise cna be heard before you start the race.

@FromMatterhorn on Twitter & Instagram

Comment

It could be a stopping point in case cars ahead of your car get backed up. Kind of like the straight portions of track in California Screamin' used for the same purpose. I'm sure there's lots of them lined throughout the ride.

Comment

I assumed there was a spray of mist from the waterfall that created the sound, just I had missed the mist each time I rode. But I have no idea.

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyFreak777 View Post
                        It could be a stopping point in case cars ahead of your car get backed up. Kind of like the straight portions of track in California Screamin' used for the same purpose. I'm sure there's lots of them lined throughout the ride.
                        This is what I'm thinking too. If you stand at the exit of the ride, when ever two cars come out of the show building at the start of the race, you hear the exact same sound.
                        For Disney Theme Park Video Click Here!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X