• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • YoungImagineer
    Ryan
    • Nov 2010

[Other] Buena vista street flags incorrect

Before you yell at me, I don't know if this rule is always followed or if they break it on Main Street too, but here it is:

As you can see in this photo, the bunting on Mortimer's Market is incorrect. I am honestly not nit picky at ALL, but I remember reading this somewhere and how it can be disrespectful. The BLUE is always supposed to be at the top because it represents the Union. It is like this in many other locations.

As you can see in THIS photo, the bunting on the bridge is incorrect AND weird looking. It looks like something is missing, and that two flags are stitched together. The one on the right is UPSIDE DOWN and BACKWARDS, if you were referring to it as two-stitched flags. Just thought i would point that out.

Also, the flags on the poles have 48 stars, in case you didn't notice

• Bob Weaver
    MiceChatter
    • Aug 2009

Re: Buena vista street flags incorrect

I don't care for it either. I think just hanging a lot of American flags in many locations would have been better.

Comment

• PeoplemoverMatt
      When Will It Return?
      • Jan 2005

Alaska & Hawaii did not become states until 1959. Buena Vista Street is LA circa 1920s. Hence, 48 stars.

"Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom." -- James 3:13

Comment

• ssaamm
        Banned User
        • Jun 2010

Hmm, just thought of this now that the OP has mentioned BVS's flag, but shouldn't Main Streets flag have less stars then it does now? It currently has a modern day flag as far as I know.

Comment

• MrsMonroe
          I am not a Krusty Krab
          • Jun 2012

if you really wanna get technical its disrespectful to fly the california flag under the american flag, only the POW flag is to be flown under the american flag
          sigpic

This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

"You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

Comment

• Mr Wiggins

• Jan 2005

Originally posted by MrsMonroe View Post
            if you really wanna get technical its disrespectful to fly the california flag under the american flag, only the POW flag is to be flown under the american flag
            According to the U.S. Flag Code:

• When it is displayed from the same flagpole with another flag, the flag of the United States must always be at the top except that the church pennant may be flown above the flag during church services for Navy personnel when conducted by a Naval chaplain on a ship at sea.
            • When flown with flags of states, communities or societies on separate flag poles which are of the same height and in a straight line, the flag of the United States is always placed in the position of honor—to its own right. The other flags may be the same size but none may be larger.
            • No other flag or pennant should be placed above or, if on the same level, to the right of the flag of the United States of America, except during church services conducted by naval chaplains at sea, when the church pennant may be flown above the flag during church services for the personnel of the Navy.
            "Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
            it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
            together with every variety of recreation and fun,
            designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
            - Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
            - Bob Chapek

Comment

• jsmith11618
              Minion
              • May 2010

The US Flag code in place by the federal government permits flags of US states and communities to be flown under the US flag when only one pole is available.

"Where there is only one flag pole, the federal flag should be displayed above state or municipal flags."

Another poster was one step ahead of me...lol

Comment

• Maximus
                New MiceChatter
                • Mar 2012

Originally posted by ssaamm View Post
                Hmm, just thought of this now that the OP has mentioned BVS's flag, but shouldn't Main Streets flag have less stars then it does now? It currently has a modern day flag as far as I know.
                Good point. However, don't the flags on Main Street have 49 stars? I know at WDW they do because they're all lightning poles and in the case one should get struck by lightning and ignite on fire, it wouldn't necessarily be disrespectful because it isn't a real American flag.

Comment

• MrsMonroe
                  I am not a Krusty Krab
                  • Jun 2012

interesting... my brothers Drill Instructor told us different but i believe you guys
                  sigpic

This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

"You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

Comment

• Westsider
                    MiceChatter
                    • Apr 2007

interesting... my brothers Drill Instructor told us different but i believe you guys
                    It's not us tell you this, it's the State Department Flag Code of the United States of America.

Comment

• MrsMonroe
                      I am not a Krusty Krab
                      • Jun 2012

well thank you for the correction
                      sigpic

Comment

• ParkHopper1
                        Suspended
                        • Feb 2011

I deal with flag protocol on a weekly basis. You are correct, when displaying the US flag, the stars are always displayed in the top left corner. None of those however are considered flags. Bunting and other decorative items do not fall under the same display and handling protocol as an actual flag so they are good.

Comment

• YoungImagineer
                          Ryan
                          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by PeoplemoverMatt View Post
                          Alaska & Hawaii did not become states until 1959. Buena Vista Street is LA circa 1920s. Hence, 48 stars.
                          Correct.

Even if they aren't incorrectly displayed, some of them are ugly (the bunting on the bridge) anyways. This place is turning into Six Flags +

Comment

• ghosty4
                            I am number 4 of 999
                            • Aug 2006

While it looks festive on Main Street, it's over-killed on Buena Vista Street. They didn't need to put out so many different shapes and patterns. HALF of what they used still would have gotten the point across. So I can't wait to see what they have in store for Halloween and Christmas!
                            It's actually "Cars Land", not "Carsland".

Comment

• MrsMonroe
                              I am not a Krusty Krab
                              • Jun 2012

Originally posted by YoungImagineer View Post
                              Correct.

Even if they aren't incorrectly displayed, some of them are ugly (the bunting on the bridge) anyways. This place is turning into Six Flags +
                              so by putting up the same flag banners that were common in LA in the 20's DCA is turning into Six Flags? Really.... wow...just, wow....
                              sigpic

Comment

• YoungImagineer
                                Ryan
                                • Nov 2010

so by putting up the same flag banners that were common in LA in the 20's DCA is turning into Six Flags? Really.... wow...just, wow....
                                Sarcasm. You read into it too much. It was a play on the word Six Flags because there are so many flags there, that's why I put the + sign.

Comment

• MrsMonroe
                                  I am not a Krusty Krab
                                  • Jun 2012

Originally posted by YoungImagineer View Post
                                  Sarcasm. You read into it too much. It was a play on the word Six Flags because there are so many flags there, that's why I put the + sign.
                                  well in that case i apologize

ohhh now i get it lol
                                  sigpic

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                  Working...
                                  X