X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pizzapants
    replied
    Re: Autopia's Future?

I like the Autopia, but not enough to cry on its departure. It's sitting on some valuable land there.

Leave a comment:

• mcgk23
    replied

I guess I do see how such a big space has great potential for newer attractions. But Autopia is close to my heart. Since I was young it was always a highlight to get my "license" and drive around on roads that look like miniature models of real highways! It's the kind of experience you don't find anywhere else, especially as a kid. Other theme parks wouldn't go so far as to give out licenses...As a kid I had been to parks that have similar car rides, but they were never as intriguing as Autopia was for me...probably because of the license! I felt legitimate! (Would even save the license and carry it around in a wallet like a grown up).
    I will definitely try to enjoy it thoroughly for those 10 or so years it may have left!
    Last edited by mcgk23; 06-27-2012, 03:45 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ColonelWalrus
    replied

Autopia takes up a huge amount of room. As neat as the ride is, the space could be used for much better attractions- especially in a place like Tommorland.

Leave a comment:

• bayouguy
    replied

Originally posted by Bongo View Post
    I'm not sure about you guys, but I still find the Autopia fun to this very day

Guilty pleasure of mine. :blush:
    You ain't alone.

Leave a comment:

• mickdaddy
    replied

I am torn! I think something truely amazing could go in that area but on the other side autopia is my son's favorite ride and it givesme a lot of joy to watch him drive the cars!

Leave a comment:

• dude4real
    replied

It's Really, really weird... But I actually like the exhaust smell! Lol.

Leave a comment:

• Bongo
    replied

I'm not sure about you guys, but I still find the Autopia fun to this very day

Guilty pleasure of mine. :blush:

Leave a comment:

• MrsMonroe
    replied

we can only hope

Leave a comment:

• 1Disneylandfan
    replied

It sure is a possibility. Read up about it in Al Lutz column earlier today.

http://miceage.micechat.com/allutz/al062612a.htm

Leave a comment:

• Bystander
    replied

The whole Tomorrowland back forty is ripe for redevelopment, but it's not gonna happen anytime soon. I think your Autopia is safe for another ten years at least.

Leave a comment:

• mcgk23
    started a topic [Question] Autopia's Future?

Autopia's Future?

Did I read somewhere that Disney is thinking of closing Autopia at Disneyland? If so...I will be very sad to see it go. I personally think it has a lot more charm than the similar ride, Tomorrowland Speedway, in Disney World's Magic Kingdom...

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X