Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So I guess you're not allowed to take the Toy Story Mania glasses?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: So I guess you're not allowed to take the Toy Story Mania glasses?

Originally posted by RatherBeAtDLand View Post
    I also disagree with many of the posters on the security guard issue. He wasn't being rude per se, but I think he could have been nicer, as a Disney employee. He shouldn't have taken it off the guest's head by any means, he should have asked; and he should have put it in more of a questioning tone ("Sir, did you miss the glasses recycling bin? Would you like me to return those for you?") rather than an "I'm going to do this for you" tone like he did.
    Trust me, they've been much more rude before. I don't want to start a whole other argument on this thread, but once I was browsing pins at the pin store next to the DTD monorail station and they asked me to turn my pockets inside out. More understandably, on RSR a guard questioned me on the "ka-chow" hand pose I did for the camera. I guess they thought it was a gang symbol or something, which is funny because a Photopass photographer told me to do the same pose in front of the Cars Land sign a few minutes before. I TOTALLY understand that they need to be vigilant though.

Comment

Originally posted by Quarar44 View Post
      Ok I get what you're saying. But if the cast members don't condone it, shouldn't they say something like if you use your fastpass later than the time window. 75% of the time I use a FP late they'll say "oh you're late, make sure you come back within the window next time," even though they won't care if I came back late again. Don't you think the CM would've said "please don't take those with you" but not necessarily have done anything if I didn't listen? And it's not like it was only 1 CM, TSM was a walk-on the day I was there and I went on it 6 times in a row with the same CM giving out the glasses (who didn't care that I took and was reusing one). Then I went on it 4 times in a row later with a different CM who didn't care either.
      The point of not saying anything though is to prevent any sort of confrontation from occurring. There is no telling how someone will react to what is surmised as stealing therefore they don't engage the person.

We're not talking about FPs here, that's a completely different issue. You aren't stealing when you come back late for a fastpass, you are being neglectful. They aren't denying you anything either by asking you to come back at a later time. It would be one thing if they revoked your FP when you came back late, but that's certainly not the case.

For the record, whenever I've been on TSMM there hasn't be a CM handing out the 3D glasses, they are in a bin about 50-100 feet before you arrive at the front of the line in small bins.

Again, I'm not disputing that they didn't say anything to you, because I wouldn't be surprised if they had been trained not to say anything. You could ride it 100 times and have the CM's not say anything, that doesn't make it alright.

As far as the security guard goes, he doesn't have to be polite when taking the 3D glasses off of someone's head. IMO, the guard needs to diffuse the situation and instead of asking for the glasses back he will be more than willing to take them to avoid any sort of confrontation or fight over a piece of plastic that isn't even useful outside of the parks.
      "Up" is a relative concept. It has no intrinsic value.

Comment

Originally posted by DannyLand View Post
        On the topic of stealing, Disney is stealing $ from us without us knowin ex. water cost $3.25 but really they are stealing $2.25 from us since it should really cost us $1.
        Not really, you have the choice of whether or not to buy.
        If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

Comment

Originally posted by RatherBeAtDLand View Post
          I also disagree with many of the posters on the security guard issue. He wasn't being rude per se, but I think he could have been nicer, as a Disney employee. He shouldn't have taken it off the guest's head by any means, he should have asked; and he should have put it in more of a questioning tone ("Sir, did you miss the glasses recycling bin? Would you like me to return those for you?") rather than an "I'm going to do this for you" tone like he did.
          Exactly. It also would seem the guard didn't follow Disney's policy of not making physical contact with a guest except in special circumstances -- and a guest wearing 3D glasses hardly seems to rise to that level of circumstance.
          "Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
          it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
          together with every variety of recreation and fun,
          designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
          - Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
          - Bob Chapek

Comment

Originally posted by penguinsoda View Post
            Stealing something that does not belong to you is still stealing, regardless if its a 10 cent item or a $1000 item. Morally and legally its not right to take something that does not belong to you.
            theres actually a difference, 10 cents is a slap on the wrist, $1000 is a felony and jail time lol
            sigpic

This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

"You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
              Exactly. It also would seem the guard didn't follow Disney's policy of not making physical contact with a guest except in special circumstances -- and a guest wearing 3D glasses hardly seems to rise to that level of circumstance.
              I was thinking that as well. Maybe he was just trying to seem cool. Or maybe he just had a bad day. Or maybe he was just sick of people "purposely" steal Disney's stuff. Anywho, it was still quite rude. But, most cast members are nicer than that.
              It means your future hasn't been written yet. No one's has. Your future is whatever you make it. So make it a good one, both of you. - Doc Brown, Back to the Future III
              Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're going to get. -Forrest Gump
              Oh yes, the past can hurt. But the from way I see it, you can either run from it, or... learn from it. - Rafiki, Lion King
              Do or do not. There is no "try".- Yoda, Star Wars
              What are conscience! I'll tell ya! A conscience is that still small voice that people won't listen to. That's just the trouble with the world today... - Jiminy Cricket, Pinocchio
              Think of all the you you'll find when you leave the world behing and bud your cares goodbye. - Peter Pan
              Mama always said, dying was a part of life. I sure wish it wasn't. - Forrest Gump
              Well, you can't never let anything happen to him. Then nothing would ever happen to him. Not much fun for little Harpo. -Dory, Finding Nemo
              You don't understand. These are moments I regret, the memories that I have to change. - Cobb, Inception
              The very things that hold you down are going to lift you up. - Timothy the Mouse, Dumbo
              Well, the road didn't cut through the land like that interstate. It moved with the land, it rose, it fell, it curved. Cars didn't drive on it to make great time. They drove on it to have a great time. - Sally, Cars
              In the past, I have made no secret of my disdain for Chef Gusteau's famous motto: Anyone can cook. But I realize, only now do I truly understand what he meant. Not everyone can become a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhere. -Anton Ego, Ratatoulli
              Space: the final frontier. These are the voyages of the starship Enterprise. Her ongoing mission: to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life-forms and new civilizations; to boldly go where no one has gone before.- Star Trek
              It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to your enemies, but a great deal more to stand up to your friends. - Dumbledor, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
              If you don't think, then you shouldn't talk. - March Hare, Alice in Wonderland
              We don't like what we don't understand. In fact it scares us, snd this monster is mysterious at least.- The Mob, Beauty and the Beast
              What I love most about rivers is you can't step in the same river twice. The water's always changing, always flowing. But people, I guess, can't live like that. We all must pay a price. To be safe we loose our chance of ever knowing what's around the river bend. -Pocahontas
              You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. - Christopher Robin, Winnie the Pooh
              People think I'm odd. So I know how it feels to be different and I know how lonely that can be. - Belle, Beauty and the Beast
              The only thing predictable about life is its unpredictability. -Remy, Ratatouille
              If watching is all you're going to do, then you're going to watch your whole life go by without you, - Laverne, The Hunchback of Notre Dame
              Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something is more important than fear. The brave may not live forever, but the cautious do not live at all. - Eduard Christoff Gerard Renaldi, The Princess Diaries
              You try. You fail. You try. You fail. But the only true failure is when you stop trying. - Madame Leota, The Haunted Mansion
              We are not thriving. True, our people live, but our culture is dying. We are like a stone the ocean beats against. With each passing year a little more of us is worn away. - Princess Kida, Atlantis: The Lost Empire

~~Back to the Future Randomness~~
              Great Scott!
              This is heavy!
              Since you're new here, I-I'm gonna cut you a break, today. So, why don't you make like a tree and get outta here?
              1.21 gigawatts!
              I remember when this was all farmland as far the eye could see. Old man Peabody owned all of this. He had this crazy idea about breeding pine trees.
              Well, that is your name, isn't it? Calvin Klein? It's written all over your underwear.
              Look! There's a rhythmic ceremonial ritual coming up.
              Okay. Time circuit's on. Flux capacitor, fluxing. Engine running. All right.
              Say hi to your mom for me.
              The justice system works swiftly in the future now that they've abolished all lawyers.
              That's about as funny as a screen door on a battleship.
              Butthead.
              Manure! I hate manure!
              Is this a hold up?- No, it's a science experiment!
              Clara was one in a million. One in a billion. One in a googolplex!
              What's your name, dude?- Uh, Mar...Eastwood. Clint Eastwood. -What kind of stupid name is that?

Have a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah day! (Uncle Remus, Song of the South)
              May the odds be ever in your favor. (Effie, The Hunger Games)
              Live long and prosper. (Spock, Star Trek)
              May the force be with you. (Han Solo, Star Wars)

Comment

Originally posted by Eonevoli1017 View Post
                The point of not saying anything though is to prevent any sort of confrontation from occurring. There is no telling how someone will react to what is surmised as stealing therefore they don't engage the person.

As far as the security guard goes, he doesn't have to be polite when taking the 3D glasses off of someone's head. IMO, the guard needs to diffuse the situation and instead of asking for the glasses back he will be more than willing to take them to avoid any sort of confrontation or fight over a piece of plastic that isn't even useful outside of the parks.
                What I don't understand is how they would expect a guest to know not to take them unless they tell them. If you go to movie theaters where I live where the bins are there for you to recycle them, not for reuse, and they don't mind if you take them. Can't an OP think that "Please put glasses here" is for you to recycle them? And the cast members on Star Tours ALWAYS engage people by saying to return them, so I don't understand why the TSM CM should be any different unless they didn't care if you took them.

I don't think the guard was super rude in this instance, because it apparently IS Disney property. Maybe he could've stopped and asked me for it instead of taking it as he walked by.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsMonroe View Post
                  theres actually a difference, 10 cents is a slap on the wrist, $1000 is a felony and jail time lol
                  Semantics. The level of punishment does does not negate the fact that stealing ANYTHING... is still stealing. The action itself is the issue, not how much trouble you can get into for said action. If you steal a candy bar and get a slap on the wrist... you still in the eyes of the law and morality, you still stole. If you stole a car and did time in jail for it.. in the eyes of the law and morality you still stole. Different level of punishment yes, but still the same action and the same illegality regardless.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
                  all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Comment

when captain eo closed in 1997 they let us keep the glasses and ive since put enough marks on them to let people know theyre mine and have been for a while lol no cast member has ever taken them, they are blue now though since i left them in the sun once. lol i use them once in a while on captain eo. but unless the manager lets you take them, which they wont, just leave them, theyre plastic and worthless, the only reason i have mine is because A) i was 6 when i wanted them, B) they were given by someone authorized to do so.

so dont steal glasses
                    sigpic

This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

"You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

Comment

when captain eo closed in 1997 they let us keep the glasses and ive since put enough marks on them to let people know theyre mine and have been for a while lol no cast member has ever taken them, they are blue now though since i left them in the sun once. lol i use them once in a while on captain eo. but unless the manager lets you take them, which they wont, just leave them, theyre plastic and worthless, the only reason i have mine is because A) i was 6 when i wanted them, B) they were given by someone authorized to do so.

so dont steal glasses
                      lol ok then should the CM have told me to give it back? My conversation was literally:
                      CM: "Here's a pair for you."
                      me: "Oh I don't need one, I took one from my last ride".
                      CM: "Ok." (proceeded to give other people glasses)

I'm NOT blaming the CM, it was obviously my fault.

Comment

that cast member was probably new, because most would have let you know that you need to return the glasses before you leave had you said that to another one
                        sigpic

Comment

On the topic of stealing, Disney is stealing $ from us without us knowin ex. water cost $3.25 but really they are stealing $2.25 from us since it should really cost us $1.
                          It's not stealing if people are voluntarily paying that much for the water. It is a convenience charge for not bringing one's own water into the park. This is the same as Room Service paying you a premium for bringing the same burger up to one's room that one could buy for 2/3 of the price by simply walking to the restaurant downstairs.

"Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

Comment

Uh, water inside DL is free. If you choose to buy water, then that's on you!
                            sigpic

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Comment

Originally posted by Quarar44 View Post
                              What I don't understand is how they would expect a guest to know not to take them unless they tell them.
                              Because they don't need to when there are signs at the exit directing you to discard your glasses in the appropriate bin. It is my understanding that the Star Wars 3D glasses are much more expensive than those for other attractions and that's why there are CM's reminding guests to discard their glasses upon exit.
                              "Up" is a relative concept. It has no intrinsic value.

Comment

Most CMs don't care enough if you took or already had a pair of glasses for any attraction. They are just going through the job emotions of dealing with hundreds of people. If you took the glasses... good for you. It's not that big of a deal. They don't want you taking them because it's a safety hazard... not a money issue.
                                "If you can dream it, you can do it" - Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by DreamsofColor View Post
                                  Most CMs don't care enough if you took or already had a pair of glasses for any attraction. They are just going through the job emotions of dealing with hundreds of people. If you took the glasses... good for you. It's not that big of a deal. They don't want you taking them because it's a safety hazard... not a money issue.
                                  If everyone took a pair of the glasses with them every time they rode it would quickly be a money issue.
                                  "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

Comment

thats it waist tax dollars to imprison someone on 10 cents. wow, just... wow -_-
                                    sigpic

Comment

thats it waist tax dollars to imprison someone on 10 cents. wow, just... wow -_-
                                      Most likely they wouldn't prosecute due to the legal costs. I was simply stating that it is illegal and the penal code section that I quoted earlier lists the fine/jail time.

The point is, as others have posted, whether it is 10 cents or $10 million if one is taking something that does not belong to them, it is illegal.

Comment

oh i get that i was just saying that there are worst crimes
                                        sigpic

Comment

I think u ppl are over reacting. People steal from disneyland ALL THE TIME. But I know someone that got caught for stealing from their giftshops. Disney just takes the items u stole and said to not do it again. Do u get in trouble or kicked out? NO. I know people steal pillow pets, key chains, Mickey ears. It's easy and not noticeable if u steal.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X