Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So I guess you're not allowed to take the Toy Story Mania glasses?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: So I guess you're not allowed to take the Toy Story Mania glasses?

Originally posted by calsig31 View Post
    If everyone took a pair of the glasses with them every time they rode it would quickly be a money issue.
    Yes, but everyone doesn't take a pair and most people do drop them in the bins.
    "If you can dream it, you can do it" - Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by DreamsofColor View Post
      believe me when i say disney is more concerned about money than the safety of 3D glasses. to disney every penny counts
      sigpic

This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

"You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

Comment

Originally posted by DannyLand View Post
        I think u ppl are over reacting. People steal from disneyland ALL THE TIME. But I know someone that got caught for stealing from their giftshops. Disney just takes the items u stole and said to not do it again. Do u get in trouble or kicked out? NO. I know people steal pillow pets, key chains, Mickey ears. It's easy and not noticeable if u steal.
        That sounds like a real reputable crowd.

Everyone doesn't, you are right. However your previous post made it seem like the reason that they asked for the glasses to be returned when people finish riding is due to safety rather than money. The reason that they ask you to return the glasses is due more to money though, rather than just safety. As I stated earlier, if they didn't ask for them to be returned and provide those receptacles, and people walked off with them, Disney would be shipping in replacement glasses by the truckload.
        "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

Comment

I think u ppl are over reacting. People steal from disneyland ALL THE TIME. But I know someone that got caught for stealing from their giftshops. Disney just takes the items u stole and said to not do it again. Do u get in trouble or kicked out? NO. I know people steal pillow pets, key chains, Mickey ears. It's easy and not noticeable if u steal.
          Isn't the policy that they'll only arrest/detain you if whatever you steal is more than $20? I think I read somewhere that if it's less than $20 they'll just ask for it back and let you be on your way.

Comment

I feel like the OP keeps getting blasted and bashed despite him/her having already having repeatedly said that they acknowledge they made a mistake and will no longer take glasses again. That's pretty much all there is to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Quarar44 View Post
              Isn't the policy that they'll only arrest/detain you if whatever you steal is more than $20? I think I read somewhere that if it's less than $20 they'll just ask for it back and let you be on your way.
              Depends on the place. Some stores have this policy, some don't. Some are even higher. I know some retail employees that say they can't do anything but call loss prevention if it's under $100.
              It's easy enough to be pleasant
              when life hums along like a song.
              But the man worth while
              is the man who can smile
              when everything goes dead wrong.

Comment

That sounds like a real reputable crowd.

Everyone doesn't, you are right. However your previous post made it seem like the reason that they asked for the glasses to be returned when people finish riding is due to safety rather than money. The reason that they ask you to return the glasses is due more to money though, rather than just safety. As I stated earlier, if they didn't ask for them to be returned and provide those receptacles, and people walked off with them, Disney would be shipping in replacement glasses by the truckload.
                It's a safety issue. Wearing the glasses in the sunlight can be damaging to your eyes and Disney does not want to be held reliable. And they are always getting in new shipments of glasses every week... believe me, I know this. Besides the Star Tours glasses being a tad more expensive, the cost to produce the glasses are very cheap.
                "If you can dream it, you can do it" - Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by Quarar44 View Post
                  lol ok then should the CM have told me to give it back? My conversation was literally:
                  CM: "Here's a pair for you."
                  me: "Oh I don't need one, I took one from my last ride".
                  CM: "Ok." (proceeded to give other people glasses)

I'm NOT blaming the CM, it was obviously my fault.
                  For Tsmm? They don't hand them to u. The guest personally get them on their own. But if forget to get them, they have extras near the loading area.

Comment

It's a safety issue. Wearing the glasses in the sunlight can be damaging to your eyes and Disney does not want to be held reliable. And they are always getting in new shipments of glasses every week... believe me, I know this. Besides the Star Tours glasses being a tad more expensive, the cost to produce the glasses are very cheap.
                    Those shipments they allegedly get in every week are nothing compared to the shipments that they would need if they gave the glasses away.
                    "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

Comment

For Tsmm? They don't hand them to u. The guest personally get them on their own. But if forget to get them, they have extras near the loading area.
                      There was a CM handing them out (actually 2, but one in the morning and one in the afternoon) for the June 14 media day I was there. I even have pictures on my phone.

Comment

like i said, disney can care less about that, they just dont want to make more glasses if they dont need to

---------- Post added 07-01-2012 at 06:42 PM ----------

the cast member does hand them to you dude, at least they have the last five times ive been on it
                        sigpic

This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

"You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

Comment

Question on the cost of the glasses....What's more expensive- the cost of the glasses or the cost of the glasses being cared for (bins to store them, CM to take them to washer, cost of machine and upkeep, water for washer, CM to take them back to ride, etc). I'm assuming that new glasses cost more as why would they invest all of the time and money into the washers- but I wonder how much cheaper?

And honestly- I'm just curious on this. If it were to be broken down per day- I wonder what's the cost of new glasses vs taking care of the glasses that I assume only last so many washes?

As for the movie 3D glasses- my kids have always kept them. I asked once (due to the recycle bins and knowing that Disney washes theirs) and the ticket guy said they just toss them....
                          Jennifer

Comment

Originally posted by jennc04 View Post
                            Question on the cost of the glasses....What's more expensive- the cost of the glasses or the cost of the glasses being cared for (bins to store them, CM to take them to washer, cost of machine and upkeep, water for washer, CM to take them back to ride, etc). I'm assuming that new glasses cost more as why would they invest all of the time and money into the washers- but I wonder how much cheaper?

And honestly- I'm just curious on this. If it were to be broken down per day- I wonder what's the cost of new glasses vs taking care of the glasses that I assume only last so many washes?
                            I'm just assuming here, Disney probably already had financial analysts/accountants or whoever look at all of these annual expenses... If making more were cheaper, then I'm sure they would've already done that...
                            :meet: Because Bert Said So! :meet:

Comment

Oh I think your completely right...they are about doing it so it makes the most for them...I was just curious what the difference was. Probably not something I'd ever be able to find the answer to...just being curious 'out loud'
                              Jennifer

Comment

Originally posted by jennc04 View Post

As for the movie 3D glasses- my kids have always kept them. I asked once (due to the recycle bins and knowing that Disney washes theirs) and the ticket guy said they just toss them....
                                washer??? hahahaha no they just wipe then off and spray them and those CMs are already there, might as well put them to work

and if broken down disney loses nothing really

and for the last time, washers??? LOL
                                sigpic

Comment

The washers aren't a myth. Someone posted a photo of them at one point.

That's simple protection for Disney. You don't share something you put close to your eyes. If one person got pinkeye at the park from a pair of the glasses they'd get sued; making sure the glasses are disinfected and only used once is simply a good way to cover themselves.

And as to the OP: I guess it's a matter of perspective. Unless someone specifically tells me that an item is mine to keep, I assume it has to be returned. Unless someone tells me it's okay to take an item, I don't take it. When I went to see a 3D movie at El Capitan a number of years ago, they did let us keep the glasses---but they made a point of telling us "these are yours to take home."
                                  Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

Comment

Originally posted by MrsMonroe View Post
                                    washer??? hahahaha no they just wipe then off and spray them and those CMs are already there, might as well put them to work

and if broken down disney loses nothing really

and for the last time, washers??? LOL
                                    It's no joke. Disney and reputable theatre chains wash their 3D glasses between uses, both to promote patronage (given the high cost of 3D tickets and today's economy, grubby 3D specs can be a business killer) and to minimize their liability for infection claims -- especially now, with concerns about germy 3D glasses on the rise (see Good Housekeeping's "The Dirty Truth About 3D Glasses").
                                    "Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
                                    it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
                                    together with every variety of recreation and fun,
                                    designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
                                    - Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
                                    - Bob Chapek

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco21 View Post
                                      Yeah returning 3D glasses is required on every ride/ movie theater in the country. Why would Disney give away free glasses when they can reuse them?
                                      It is not required at movie theatres. You pay for the glasses with the ticket up charge. Most people recycle them, but they are literally recycled, not reused (some theatres have started reusing them; its still not common practice).

Comment

The point is, as others have posted, whether it is 10 cents or $10 million if one is taking something that does not belong to them, it is illegal.
                                        Theft is theft.

In a world of complaints over rising ticket prices, there's always a bottom line somewhere. Stealing does nothing but raise that bottom line, without the addition of new services.

The more you steal, the less you can expect from Disney in the future.

Comment

• Re: So I guess you're not allowed to take the Toy Story Mania glasses?

Originally posted by Malina View Post
                                          The washers aren't a myth. Someone posted a photo of them at one point.

That's simple protection for Disney. You don't share something you put close to your eyes. If one person got pinkeye at the park from a pair of the glasses they'd get sued; making sure the glasses are disinfected and only used once is simply a good way to cover themselves.

And as to the OP: I guess it's a matter of perspective. Unless someone specifically tells me that an item is mine to keep, I assume it has to be returned. Unless someone tells me it's okay to take an item, I don't take it. When I went to see a 3D movie at El Capitan a number of years ago, they did let us keep the glasses---but they made a point of telling us "these are yours to take home."
                                          now i feel like an idiot. haha thats cool though
                                          sigpic

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X