Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So I guess you're not allowed to take the Toy Story Mania glasses?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quarar44
    replied
    Re: So I guess you're not allowed to take the Toy Story Mania glasses?

Originally posted by 3duckgirl3 View Post
    I've never been to a 3D movie where I was allowed to keep the glasses. Lots of people just walk out with them, but there's always a guy standing at the exit trying to collect them. Maybe you're just going to much different theatres than I, but I've never seen one where keeping them was the expectation.
    In Orange County most theaters let you keep the glasses...they have recycling bins to put them in but there's no entitlement to return them.

Leave a comment:

• 3duckgirl3
    replied

Originally posted by donaldduckfan#1 View Post
    Maybe at a Disney park you have to return them but the 3D glasses you get at a the movie theater are yours to to keep i always take mine from the theater the 3D glass bin at the theater says recycle.
    I've never been to a 3D movie where I was allowed to keep the glasses. Lots of people just walk out with them, but there's always a guy standing at the exit trying to collect them. Maybe you're just going to much different theatres than I, but I've never seen one where keeping them was the expectation.

Leave a comment:

• Quarar44
    replied

Originally posted by Joshnyah View Post
    I heard those Startours ones were like 8 bucks each. If you got caught with them you might of got a free ride in the back seat of the Anaheim PD
    I've seen a cast member give them to a little boy on his birthday, so I don't think it's THAT much. And the TSM ones can't be more than the Star Tours ones. I've learned my lesson, so thanks guys! I'll return them next time.

Leave a comment:

• donaldduckfan#1
    replied

Originally posted by Bronco21 View Post
    Yeah returning 3D glasses is required on every ride/ movie theater in the country. Why would Disney give away free glasses when they can reuse them?
    Maybe at a Disney park you have to return them but the 3D glasses you get at a the movie theater are yours to to keep i always take mine from the theater the 3D glass bin at the theater says recycle.

Leave a comment:

• mickdaddy
    replied

And people wonder why everything costs so much! Theft raises operating costs the security guard was actually being nice not charging you and just taking the glasses.

Leave a comment:

• Joshnyah
    replied

I heard those Startours ones were like 8 bucks each. If you got caught with them you might of got a free ride in the back seat of the Anaheim PD

Leave a comment:

• jasmineray
    replied

You ALWAYS have to return the glasses. That's a given. You can't just take something that's not yours, those belong to the parks. Same thing goes for when you see a 3D movie at the theater.

Leave a comment:

• boisemice
    replied

Stealing is stealing.... No matter the value. If someone wants a souvenir, they purchase one. What if everyone just walked off with a pair?

On our last visit, we saw a woman walking down the pier with a pair on, using them as sun glasses I guess. I was tempted to say something, but I didn't. Makes me angry when others feel they are entitled to do things such as taking things that are not theirs.

Leave a comment:

• stingybreadboy
    replied

There is a way to see one of the machines that sterilizes the glasses in Florida: it is on the Undiscovered Future World backstage tour in Epcot. The machine is housed in the Imagination! pavilion and does, indeed, resemble an industrial dishwasher. Our tour guide told us a story that when the Disneyland Resort's machine broke a few years back, DLR glasses were flown in several times a week to Florida. Both resorts, however, have a huge amount of sterilized glasses in reserve.

Leave a comment:

• penguinsoda
    replied

Originally posted by DannyLand View Post
    but wow, that security guard was so mean, it's not like the guard was going to return it all the way back from downtown disney to tsmm cus, that's a lot of work.
    oh im pretty sure that Disney Knows for a fact that people take them home and such. I don't see the big deal here, it's not like it's worth lots of $. but yeah, that security was over reacting.
    Stealing something that does not belong to you is still stealing, regardless if its a 10 cent item or a $1000 item. Morally and legally its not right to take something that does not belong to you.

Leave a comment:

• doppio
    replied

I find it hard to believe that you thought you could keep them.

Leave a comment:

• Quarar44
    replied

Originally posted by atbsfire View Post
    I find it hard to believe you didn't see the signs...
    Yes apparently I can't read English ) I'll be sure to return them next time.

Leave a comment:

• atbsfire
    replied

I find it hard to believe you didn't see the signs...

Leave a comment:

• simba
    replied

The 3D glasses in movie theaters (such as Disney digital 3D or "RealD") are circular polarized. These will not work in the current Disney 3D theme park attractions.

The glasses at Muppetvision, Tough to be a Bug, and Captian EO are linear polarized, at 90 degree angles to each other. These will not work in a movie theater, and won't work on Star Tours either.

Star Tours uses dichroic glasses, that work in a similar fashion to the old red/blue glasses. They are much more expensive than the polarizing kind.

Leave a comment:

• MrsMonroe
    replied

Originally posted by Quarar44 View Post
    So a few weeks ago I took my first ride on Toy Story Mania and there was no signage like Star Tours telling you that you have to return them, so I took one assuming that was ok. I also wore them repeatedly the same day to go on the ride and the cast member giving out the glasses in line didn't care when I said I already had them. As I was strolling through Downtown Disney today I had them propped up on my hat and a security guard walked by me in the opposite direction and swiped them from my hat and coldly said "I'll be returning these for you" without even stopping. Are you not supposed to take them, because I didn't see a sign or cast member telling you to give them back.
    there are signs at the exit that say Please Return Glasses

Leave a comment:

• JMazz
    replied

Originally posted by Baloo View Post
    I also thought that 3d glasses could be bad for your eyesight if you wear them for long periods of time as if they were just another pair of glasses.
    They are VERY bad for your eyes in sunlight.
    They are basically polarized and tinted. The tinting effect dilates your pupils allowing more UV rays into your eyes and onto the retina since there is no UV blocking effect whatsoever. At certain angles, the polarized light will allow more UV rays into your eyes (of course it may block other rays from another direction but not enough to balance it out).

With that said, anyone wearing them as sunglasses during the day will probably not suffer long term effects. Why? B/c the glasses will give you a monster headache within minutes and the person wearing them will most likely put 2&2 together and realize what is going on and take them off. It is similar to the first stages of snow blindness (what I have been told. Dunno for sure since I haven't experienced either effect).
    Last edited by JMazz; 07-01-2012, 03:49 AM. Reason: additional info...

Leave a comment:

• calsig31
    replied

Originally posted by Baloo View Post
    I also thought that 3d glasses could be bad for your eyesight if you wear them for long periods of time as if they were just another pair of glasses.
    Gonzo will show you how it is possible to trip while wearing your glasses.

Leave a comment:

• Baloo
    replied

Leave a comment:

• ghosty4
    replied

Originally posted by Malina View Post
    are Disney's 3D glasses special or would any 3D glasses work in Star Tours/TSMM?
    Tough to be a Bug, Muppet 3D and TSMM are the same (I believe) Star Tours are not(again, I believe). I've often wanted to use the pair I get at Disney 3D movies because they are MUCH more comfortable to wear, but to date I haven't had the chance to see if they work.

Leave a comment:

• Malina
    replied

It sounds as if the guard was pretty objective, honestly. The glasses are Disney's property and they do have a right to ask for them to be returned. The guard was doing the proper customer service thing, actually: I've seen other customer service reps do similar things. Instead of saying "don't take those!" they're saying "I know you meant to return those but must have forgotten you had them; I'll help you by taking them for you!"

Having said that: are Disney's 3D glasses special or would any 3D glasses work in Star Tours/TSMM? If someone were really paranoid about germs, and the outside glasses worked, I suppose someone could buy a pair ahead of time and bring them to the park.

Leave a comment:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X