So I guess you're not allowed to take the Toy Story Mania glasses?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PressPersily
    Photographer-In-Training
    • Dec 2011

Re: So I guess you're not allowed to take the Toy Story Mania glasses?

I always wanted to know this. I knew at movie theaters you can take them home as they tel you that at the ticket booth, but I guess since the price for the glasses is in the movie ticket. Maybe for TSMM the cost of a ticket to DCA could be the price for the glasses too? :P I'm just kidding but keeping them to reuse is actually kinda a good idea IMO.
    -Carter P.

Comment

• MrsMonroe
      I am not a Krusty Krab
      • Jun 2012

i call it synergy
      sigpic

This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

"You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

Comment

• Autopia
        The Tomorrowland One
        • Apr 2007

Originally posted by MrsMonroe View Post
        washer??? hahahaha no they just wipe then off and spray them and those CMs are already there, might as well put them to work

and if broken down disney loses nothing really

and for the last time, washers??? LOL
        Yes, big washers. It's a long machine that uses only hot water. They can't use any kind of detergent due to possible reactions to the chemicals.

Heres the best pic I can find quickly that shows you the location of the machine on property. It's in the little building up against space mountain that has the two cars parked out side it. Glasses from DCA are trucked over (by ODV I think...?) in what look like rolling bakers racks. Bing Maps - Driving Directions, Traffic and Road Conditions

Oh, and an odd story I've heard from somewhere in the past. The water they use in the machine is hot, and I mean very hot. The story made the point by saying someone once wanted to test how hot the water was and put a couple of raw chicken brests on one of the trays they use. They came out somewhat cooked on the other side. Maybe not all the way through, but still, that is hot.

And look what I found... Who wants to order some so we can all just have our own? I need 49,995 more ordered to make the minimum 50,000 order. http://www.globalmarket.com/product-...le-142089.html
        Last edited by Autopia; 07-02-2012, 01:13 AM.

Comment

• penguinsoda
          Jester of Randomness
          MiceChat Moderator
          • Jan 2005

Originally posted by DannyLand View Post
          I think u ppl are over reacting. People steal from disneyland ALL THE TIME. But I know someone that got caught for stealing from their giftshops. Disney just takes the items u stole and said to not do it again. Do u get in trouble or kicked out? NO. I know people steal pillow pets, key chains, Mickey ears. It's easy and not noticeable if u steal.
          So because its easy to do and people do it all the time that makes it ok and right? Just because you can and don't get caught it makes it right to do something ILLEGAL and IMMORAL?

Good gravy I weep for humanity, I really do... we has a species have gotten to the point where our moral compass is so broke, that the youth of today think that its perfectly ok and not a big deal to steal... as long as its just little stuff and you dont' get caught... shoplifting is just some game with no consequences.

I'm so glad I do know a lot of young people and young adults that don't have this mind set, and who do inherently know the difference between right and wrong.

Sorry for the off topic rant, but I am just... shocked... that not only is there a mindset that this is ok, but that its being posted for the entire planet to witness with no remorse. My apologies to the OP, who now realizes his mistake has has taken responsibility for it, for the off topic post.

Do carry on...

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
          all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Comment

• explodingboy
            • Jan 2010

Not to continue beating a dead horse but considering that every other attraction that uses these types of glasses in the park makes you return them, TSMM should be no exception. There are plenty of signs stating to return them, and their shouldn't have to be a Cast Member holding everyone's hand to make sure this gets done IMO.

It seems like an honest mistake by the OP. In which case, lesson learned.

Comment

• Thomas998
              Banned User
              • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Quarar44 View Post
              Well I think they're just like a cool random souvenir and it's kind of gross to keep wearing ones used by hundreds of random strangers (I always wipe my Star Tours one with one of those Purell wipes) so I just cleaned one and was planning on using it all day.
              They are a rather dangerous souvenir... they don't provide any UV protection and can actually cause more harm to you eyes than no glasses at all if you wear them outside.

And yes they are nasty, but then so are the 3D glasses you get when you go to a movie theater. While you might think they are new because they are in a plastic bag they are just just re-bagged... so yourself and everyone else a favor when you go to a 3D movie and throw the glasses in the trash so they can't recycle them, lord knows you already paid for them because they added a surcharge on the price of the ticket to pay them so don't be gross and let them recycle them.

Comment

• Druggas
                Hooterville, USA
                • Feb 2005

Originally posted by penguinsoda View Post
                So because its easy to do and people do it all the time that makes it ok and right? Just because you can and don't get caught it makes it right to do something ILLEGAL and IMMORAL?

I'm very disappointed in some MCers with their views on stealing.

I just wonder how they would feel, if someone stole from them?
                sigpic

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Comment

• Wren
                  Sorcerer Supreme Bean
                  • Mar 2006

Hmm I would have thought that returning the glasses would be self explanatory, yknow with the whole "Return your glasses" bins, and the fact that they belong to Disney.

But I guess you have to word everything out these days.
                  There is no right or wrong in this debate. It is simply a matter of perspective.
                  -Dr. Strange

Comment

• calsig31
                    -
                    • Aug 2009

Originally posted by Autopia View Post
                    And look what I found... Who wants to order some so we can all just have our own? I need 49,995 more ordered to make the minimum 50,000 order. Plastic Linear Polarized 3D Glasses, 3D Glasses for Sale - CAB59LP, China Plastic Linear Polarized 3D Glasses, 3D Glasses for Sale Manufacturer and Supplier
                    Why don't you just order all 50,000 and set up a cart on Harbor across the street from Disneyland. You can market it as selling sanitary glasses so people don't have to use the ones in the park that are used over and over again. (We all know they are washed in between, but that's neither here nor there )
                    "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

Comment

• Sorcerer's Apprentice
                      Mischievous Mouse
                      • Oct 2007

I guess I'm confused, it seems obvious to me that these glasses are every bit a part of the ride as any other component. e.g. the average person wouldn't take them away seeing that other guest were discarding them into the receptacles at the exits. Unless they just felt entitled to them. And I don't understand how someone could feel entitled to them since it's obvious you're not purchasing them for the ride, rather you are "borrowing" them.

When we borrow, we return. Unless we are stealing.

Pretty simple. What if "EVERYONE" took a pair?

"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

-Walt Disney

Comment

• OC2Epcot
                        DLR WDW HKDL SHDL
                        • Jun 2009

As I was strolling through Downtown Disney today I had them propped up on my hat and a security guard walked by me in the opposite direction and swiped them from my hat and coldly said "I'll be returning these for you" without even stopping.
                        I have no problem with the way the security person took the glasses. I've heard someone say a CM took glasses from them, or a friend in a similar way. I'm sure they see this all the time. It is the simplest way to get them back.
                        sigpic

Comment

• flynnibus
                          MiceChatter
                          • Jun 2006

Originally posted by 3duckgirl3 View Post
                          I've never been to a 3D movie where I was allowed to keep the glasses. Lots of people just walk out with them, but there's always a guy standing at the exit trying to collect them. Maybe you're just going to much different theatres than I, but I've never seen one where keeping them was the expectation.
                          In most movie theaters, you are paying for the glasses, and they give you a sealed, 'fresh' pair. Why? Because unlike Disney, they don't do 10s of thousands of viewers every day and have no need or desire to treat and reuse the glasses and instead sell disposible pairs.

Disney on the other hand reuses glasses. It's not a difficult distinction and to understand why one is different than the other.

Ok I get what you're saying. But if the cast members don't condone it, shouldn't they say something [...]
                          Do you really need someone telling you how to do every little thing or signs telling you something?

Do you just pick up food at the store and start eating it.. because.. there is no sign there saying 'do not eat me'?

Originally posted by StarSpeeder View Post
                          Anywho, it was still quite rude. But, most cast members are nicer than that.
                          And all you have is one side of the story... from someone who thought it was ok to take things because no one told him explicitly NOT to.

What I don't understand is how they would expect a guest to know not to take them unless they tell them
                          :bang: Up next.. we will need signs in the hallway that say 'turn NOW' because people will say no one told them that they should turn when the hallway changes direction.

Originally posted by DannyLand View Post
                          I think u ppl are over reacting. People steal from disneyland ALL THE TIME
                          Morals - have any? Just because someone can do something - doesn't make it RIGHT. Attitudes like this are why we can't have nice things anymore.

Originally posted by jennc04 View Post
                          Question on the cost of the glasses....What's more expensive- the cost of the glasses or the cost of the glasses being cared for (bins to store them, CM to take them to washer, cost of machine and upkeep, water for washer, CM to take them back to ride, etc). I'm assuming that new glasses cost more as why would they invest all of the time and money into the washers- but I wonder how much cheaper?
                          Well.. first off.. look at this way. Assume the attraction does 1,000 guests an hour. The park is open roughly 12hrs a day on average. That's 12,000 glasses a day. 84,000 a week, or 4.36 MILLION pairs a year. Even if the glasses only cost them a penny... new glasses would cost them 43,600 dollars a year. Never mind the amount of waste, storage, shipping, etc that would generate.

It's not a responsible attitude to take to generate that much waste for something that can be washed and recycled.
                          Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
                          Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Originally posted by sleepyjeff
                          Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

Comment

• explodingboy
                            • Jan 2010

Originally posted by flynnibus View Post
                            Attitudes like this are why we can't have nice things anymore.
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	4668129280.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	21.6 KB
ID:	7343545

Comment

• Malina
                              MiceChatter

• Oct 2011

Originally posted by Druggas View Post
                              I'm very disappointed in some MCers with their views on stealing.

I just wonder how they would feel, if someone stole from them?
                              This is disturbing to me, too.
                              Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

Comment

• Sorcerer's Apprentice
                                Mischievous Mouse
                                • Oct 2007

Originally posted by flynnibus View Post
                                In most movie theaters, you are paying for the glasses, and they give you a sealed, 'fresh' pair. Why? Because unlike Disney, they don't do 10s of thousands of viewers every day and have no need or desire to treat and reuse the glasses and instead sell disposible pairs.

Disney on the other hand reuses glasses. It's not a difficult distinction and to understand why one is different than the other.

Do you really need someone telling you how to do every little thing or signs telling you something?

Do you just pick up food at the store and start eating it.. because.. there is no sign there saying 'do not eat me'?

And all you have is one side of the story... from someone who thought it was ok to take things because no one told him explicitly NOT to.

:bang: Up next.. we will need signs in the hallway that say 'turn NOW' because people will say no one told them that they should turn when the hallway changes direction.

Morals - have any? Just because someone can do something - doesn't make it RIGHT. Attitudes like this are why we can't have nice things anymore.

Well.. first off.. look at this way. Assume the attraction does 1,000 guests an hour. The park is open roughly 12hrs a day on average. That's 12,000 glasses a day. 84,000 a week, or 4.36 MILLION pairs a year. Even if the glasses only cost them a penny... new glasses would cost them 43,600 dollars a year. Never mind the amount of waste, storage, shipping, etc that would generate.

It's not a responsible attitude to take to generate that much waste for something that can be washed and recycled.
                                :clap:

"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

-Walt Disney

Comment

• Trav1Disney
                                  ALL DISNEY ALL THE TIME
                                  • Apr 2008

yes that is compleatly the wrong message that stealing is ok because if you get cought there is no punishment or action. pretty messed up IMO dannyland
                                  Im here for fun and info not be a bully! Carsland here I come:yea:

Comment

• mickdaddy
                                    MiceChatter
                                    • Dec 2009

The theaters were i live have alarms on the theater doors so if you leave the theater with a pair the alarm goes off! The extra cost for 3D movies is the studio cost not the theaters for glasses as the theater makes no money off of tickets only concessions which explains the higher cost of those products.
                                    BGood! It's not just my motto its my name!

Comment

• Kritter
                                      He Gets The Job Done
                                      • Oct 2006

If you honestly think people don't watch you in the stores for stealing. You're dead wrong.

There is a reason why there are bins at the exit of ALL 3D attractions.

Comment

• Dirton
                                        Banned User
                                        • Mar 2005

I have a pair that i've taken. They are a cheap plastic pair of glasses, who cares. Me and my wife see how much stuff we can get every time we're at the parks, granted we always ask CM's. Like i have a menu from cafe Orleans and framed it. There's lots of cool unique souvenirs you can get if you just ask.

Comment

• RegionsBeyond
                                          Unnatural and dreadful

MiceChat Moderator
                                          • Feb 2007

The information about park policy regarding taking the glasses has been fairly well answered and documented at this point.

This thread is now closed due to off-topic and increasingly argumentative discussions of other aspects regarding theft from the resort and personal attacking type posts.
                                          when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X