This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Chat] The Beach Boys and DCA

One of my favorite bands since I was a kid, some of the earliest musical memories and they are such a natural and pleasant fit with DCA. Surfing music, California. I miss the Woody cruising around with a band playing tunes. Kids can dance along, adults can sing along.

Am I in a small minority here? You can't tell me Lasseter isn't a big fan.

"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

-Walt Disney

Re: The Beach Boys and DCA

I absolutely agree. The last time I went to DCA they played Beach Boys music. I don't know why wouldn't anymore it's a big part of California culture.

Comment

Same here. The Woody and BB music just oozed S. Ca culture and nostalgia.
      I'll miss them a great deal.

Comment

To me it seems like "Little Deuce Coupe", "Shut Down", and "409" would be perfect for Cars Land.

One of the few things I miss about the Sunshine Plaza was the Beach Boys soundtrack. I also wish that they would bring back the Rockin' the Bay show from 10 years ago. I remember sitting at Avalon Cove (when it was still a nice relaxing waterside place to eat before it was invaded by characters and turned into Ariel's Grotto) and watching the Beach Boys perform across the bay.
        Last edited by calsig31; 07-01-2012, 11:11 AM.
        "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

Comment

I'll always fondly remember the Beach Boys' musical presence in DCA. I dont think they'd fit all that well with the park anymore, but they were one of the few things I liked about DCA in its original form.

Comment

I think they fit perfectly for the Southern California lifestyle! Their music sets a feel-good mood :blush:

Comment

I'm Beach Boys fan from way back and while Buena Vista Street is FAR superior to the old Sunshine Plaza and its California themed / surf music loop (don't forget about Little St. Nick at Christmas) I do agree that Beach Boys music would fit in a Cars Land music loop or pop-up show. There is a connection. Beach Boy founder and inspirational leader did record a cd of Disney music just recently.

And as I mentioned in another post a while back, for trivia people, Brian Wilson wrote the Beach Boys classic Surfer Girl after he altered "When You Wish Upon A Star" which inspired him after hearing it playing on a radio.
              Writing about all things Disney, a couple of paragraphs at a time

http://disneylandtraveler.blogspot.com/

75,000+ page views and counting.

Comment

The Beach Boys new album has risen to number 3. That;s pretty good for a band that has been popular for decades. Their rockin' awesome songs would be in perfect tune with Cars Land (as earlier suggested, and they would continue to complete the Paradise Pier ecperience (as they had pretty much since DCAs opening.

They should have put Ariel on a water board in Paradise Bay or during World of Color, and have her ride to the tunes, Surfin' USA and Good Vibrations!
                Last edited by Ride Warrior; 07-01-2012, 11:17 AM.
                To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Comment

Originally posted by ScottG View Post
                  Same here. The Woody and BB music just oozed S. Ca culture and nostalgia.
                  I'll miss them a great deal.
                  This.

"California Girls" had (well, still has) special meaning at one point in time for me.

Comment

i love beach boys!!!
                    sigpic

This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

"You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

Comment

The Beach Boys music is one of the bigger things I miss about Sunshine Plaza.. but if it means anything.. I'm pretty sure they've still got the pier-type inspired instrumental playing around paradise pier. I could've sworn I heard it last time I was walking around over there.

Comment

There is another Disney fan site that has all the music you miss! (I won't say the name of the site cause i don't think i'm allowed to advertise another Disney fan site that is really similar to "Micechat')

Comment

I've heard em a couple of times. Not bad.
                          God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by atbsfire View Post
                            There is another Disney fan site that has all the music you miss! (I won't say the name of the site cause i don't think i'm allowed to advertise another Disney fan site that is really similar to "Micechat')
                            oh that site
                            sigpic

This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

"You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

Comment

Originally posted by calsig31 View Post
                              To me it seems like "Little Deuce Coupe", "Shut Down", and "409" would be perfect for Cars Land.

I'm not sure about any other Beach Boys songs, but I do in fact know Carsland plays "409"
                              Wheel around, hitches down
                              Keep those tractors rollin' right along

Comment

"The Ballad of Ole Betsy"

---------- Post added 07-02-2012 at 01:39 AM ----------

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

Should have titled this thread ... "wouldn't it be nice" if there were more Beach Boys in DCA

"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

-Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by Sorcerer's Apprentice View Post
                                    Should have titled this thread ... "wouldn't it be nice" if there were more Beach Boys in DCA
                                    The Beach Boys are in Disneyland. Last time I checked they were right next to Michael Jackson.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                    Working...
                                    X