This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Idea] Hollywoodland Part Deux

So if anyone remembers, I posted an idea to redo the entire HL area as a part of DCA Phase 2. Well, with Phase 1 out of the way, I think that it's time to start thinking about the rest of DCA. This is an update from my older post, with some things staying the same.

Theming: Hollywoodland is meant to express a similar appearance to that of the "Who Framed Roger Rabbit?", especially with the Red Car adding more realism to the idea. While the theme will be acknowledged, it will not dominate in a way that makes it a "Roger Rabbit Land".

Entryway: One of the Hollywood Studios arch is moved to the entryway of the land and "Studios" is replaced with "Land". the other one can be scrapped and/or reused.

Gone Hollywood: Neon is removed, and interior is redecorated to evoke an authentic feel.

Disney Junior: The marquee is replaced with marquee letters, rather than the "old DCA" feel of the current sign.

Award Weiners: Renamed "Dippy Dawg's" in reference to Goofy's original name

Off the Page: Renamed and renovated into "Laugh-O-Gram Gifts"

Schmoozies: Renamed "Red Car Refreshments"

Disney Animation: Facade is redone to look like the original animation studio in the 1940s

Facades/ Hollywood Backlot Stage: Outdoor venue is closed up, and becomes a small bar to accomadate people after the Mad T Party's run ends. The stage remains, as it is used for live bands or singers. In reference to Roger Rabbit, it is appropriately titled the "Ink and Paint Club". The facades remain, and become part of the Ink and Paint Club building.

Muppets: Facade and queue renovation. Make it resemble the WDW facade. Enough said

Monsters, Inc.: The Monstropoils Transit Authority becomes a facade from cartoony DCA 1.0 doors to a building reminiscent of the L.A. Union Station. As for the ride, an update on the animatronics to have them reach the level of Tokyo's could be done.

Millionaire/Mad Aracade/House of Cards/Restrooms: As for these lone areas, Millionaire can become a brand new show that could be a "behind-the-scenes" type of attraction for Hollywoodland (to be the answer for Motors, the Studio Tour, and Indiana Jones at DHS). As for the dead end corner near Monsters, a brand new D/E-Ticket attraction can take up the space previously occupied the restrooms, the current Mad Arcade, and the current House of Cards. The restrooms will be talked about in a moment.

Hyperion Theater: Facade redo. No blue sky. No blue staircase. Make the queue an indoor and AC'd venue. As for the restrooms on the other side, they will be relocated to the inside of the waiting area to accomadate those who have to do a last minute rest stop.

Tower of Terror: If I even thought about touching this subject, I would be dead. No need to redo.(Except for bringing that nice "EVIL TOWER. U R DOOMED." in the lobby )

So yeah :thumbup:
    Stopping in the middle is
    DISTINCTLY
    UNPATRIOTIC!

Re: Hollywoodland Part Deux

This is GENIUS) I was coming io with ideas for this area but since the park is still getting into the swing of actually being popular I was holding back. One idea was using the millionaire building for some sort of 1930's gangster themed stunt show since those types of movies require a lot of action, that or more of a Keystone Cops/ Buster Keaton themed show.

See ya walkin' right down the middle of o'l Main Street USA

"THAT'S R
    IGHT CARNEGIE STEEL BUILT THIS PLACE"!!!!!

Comment

I more or less agree with most of your ideas but I'd like to see an attraction added to the back-lot area. I think they should use stage 17 and remove use the whole back lot for a show building. I wouldn't really mind if they got rid of the Muppets too and use that space as well. Then they could put a bar and restaurant where they have the arcade, the ink and paint club could be fun.

Comment

Great ideas! I especially like pretty much all of them.

I could definitely see Monsters being re-themed to Union Station. However upon entering the queue, guests enter a janitorial closet instead of the main station and step foot into a Monstropolis taxi station or whatever.
        "Y'all come back now, ya hear?"

Comment

delete
          Last edited by Theoretical; 07-01-2012, 08:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Bob View Post
            I think they should use stage 17 and remove use the whole back lot for a show building.
            I think that a D/E-Ticket ride could go here based on the live action Disney films, or maybe even a GREAT MOVIE RIDE!!
            Stopping in the middle is
            DISTINCTLY
            UNPATRIOTIC!

Comment

I've said before the entire area needs a redo so that it actually feels like an enveloping theme. My biggest additions would be (ideally) a Rocketeer themed sit down restaurant (South Seas Club) and a good sized Dick Tracy (For those who love original attractions something based on Gangsters) attraction. Complete rethemeing of almost all existing restaurants/shops and shows need to be done, especially Monsters, Muppets and the Hyperion.

Comment

I had a premise for a 3D movie attraction to replace the Millionaire Building so I might as well post it here. You are entering a theatre for the premier of "Steamboat Willie". As the film is playing, Oswald comes from the future in color to stop Mickey from ever starring in it. Hijinks ensue
                Last edited by ChurroMan; 07-02-2012, 03:37 PM.

Comment

I love the oswald idea, i think it would better as just more than a 3D movie attraction.

Comment

Originally posted by DisneylandMaster View Post
                    Millionaire/Mad Aracade/House of Cards/Restrooms: As for these lone areas, Millionaire can become a brand new show that could be a "behind-the-scenes" type of attraction for Hollywoodland (to be the answer for Motors, the Studio Tour, and Indiana Jones at DHS).

Everything sounds really good, except that. The attractions at DHS are so awkward and unbelievable, it's like ... they were emulating a working studio as the theme and creating these faux behind-the-scenes things ... it doesn't come off well, in my opinion. The appeal/novelty of a behind-the-scenes attraction works when it's plausible, in a real situation (like at Universal Studios) but not for DCA. I hope that makes sense.

Comment

Many of these ideas are great in the OP, and most sound very do-able (if not all).

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X