X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eonevoli1017
    replied
    Re: Downtown Disney

I agree that DTD could use some more recognizable branding, especially in the apparel shops. I'm ok with the unique restaurants though because they offer something that I don't have back home.

It's a 50/50 situation, but I'm ok with the vendors. My favorite part about DTD are the giant Lego figures on display, those are always a treat.

Leave a comment:

• JerrodDRagon
    replied

Originally posted by calsig31 View Post
    City Walk is also much larger. I wish they would expand Downtown Disney so it could be bigger.
    It is...but even if they took away half the shops...they still have some unique things attractions there from the comic book store..to the I-fly...Dodger Dogs...to Imax

Plus some shops like Gamestop..while this may be a common store...still better then just another generic clothing store

Leave a comment:

• calsig31
    replied

Originally posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    It's fine...but for me City Walk has much better shops...and a few unique ones that sell things you don't find at your local stores..plus they have an nice Imax theater so....I think Disney could make some improvements here and there but its not the worst thing either
    City Walk is also much larger. I wish they would expand Downtown Disney so it could be bigger.

Leave a comment:

• JerrodDRagon
    replied

It's fine...but for me City Walk has much better shops...and a few unique ones that sell things you don't find at your local stores..plus they have an nice Imax theater so....I think Disney could make some improvements here and there but its not the worst thing either

Leave a comment:

• frollofan
    replied

I really do not understand why DTD would be an issue with the executives. To them, as long as it brings in a good amount money from food and merchandise, who cares what DTD looks like.

Leave a comment:

• MrsMonroe
    replied

Originally posted by ortizmo2000 View Post
    rumble king and brother yusuf are excellent! :thumbup:
    rumble king!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Ortizmo2000
    replied

Originally posted by DisneyFan28 View Post
    the music is wonderful depending on whos playing at night.
    Rumble King and Brother Yusuf are excellent! :thumbup:

Leave a comment:

• kayleigh83
    replied

Believe it or not, some people like buying stuff. Souvenirs, whatever... and there has to be somewhere that sells that stuff. People talk about the merchandise they have/want/wish they could get all the time - DTD is one of the places that fulfils that need.

Leave a comment:

• DisneyFan28
    replied

the music is wonderful depending on whos playing at night.

and as for carts..never bought anything, but i love watching the cart with the dog puppets interact with guests when im walking towards ESPN zone

Leave a comment:

• MrsMonroe
    replied

who cares? its a shopping area, what did you expect?

Leave a comment:

• Sheriff Lightyear
    replied

I've gotten great food and apparel from those vendors! And I've purchased a few CD's from some of the performers! I'm completely fine with it.

Leave a comment:

• planetsix
    replied

as long as the performers are good, i think they add some character to the area... if not, then, well, yeah... The vendors I could do without though, but they don't bother me really.

Leave a comment:

• Ortizmo2000
    replied

Isn't this the kind of tackiness that Disneyland is NOT supposed to be?
    Disneyland and DD are two separate things. One has an admission charge. The other does not.

Leave a comment:

• EC82
    started a topic [Chat] Downtown Disney

Downtown Disney

Downtown Disney is crammed with carts, schlocky live performers, overpriced junk along the sidewalks and even people randomly setting up shop with Vinylmation and pin trading along the benches.

Isn't this the kind of tackiness that Disneyland is NOT supposed to be?

It looks kind of .....gross.

Is anyone in charge at Disneyland aware? Do they care? Or do they just want the money from the rental of these carts and tacky sideshows?

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X