This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Other] stop calling DCA Pixar land

who cares if DCA has mostly Pixar, Pixar IS Disney!!! its like saying theres too many princesses in disneyland and opting to rename it Princess Land lol also why would you want the same charcters in two parks so close to eachother? i love Pixar because its quality entertainment and im all for it

sigpic

This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

"You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

Re: stop calling DCA Pixar land

Yes! I agree with you! I love Pixar in DCA!!!
    :meet: Because Bert Said So! :meet:

Comment

Pixar retains its own branding for a reason, because it has a respect that the Disney name has lost over the past few years. The Walt Disney Company may own Pixar Animation Studios, but Pixar is not Disney, it's Pixar.

Comment

Originally posted by lazyboy97O View Post
        Pixar retains its own branding for a reason, because it has a respect that the Disney name has lost over the past few years. The Walt Disney Company may own Pixar Animation Studios, but Pixar is not Disney, it's Pixar.
        its the same creators so i refuse to accept that disney merely owns pixar. like i said, pixar IS disney. thank you
        sigpic

This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

"You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

Comment

Yeah people really hate "brands" here but personally i think the Pixar characters are some of the best out there and i love attractions that incorporate them.

Comment

Who's been calling DCA Pixarland lately? I haven't heard a peep.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
            http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
            http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

Originally posted by MrsMonroe View Post
              its the same creators so i refuse to accept that disney merely owns pixar. like i said, pixar IS disney. thank you
              A few shared personelle do not change that there is an entirely different structure within each organization. Pixar also has a different culture than Disney, although many would say the Pixar culture has been infected by the Disney culture. And still, if Pixar IS Disney, then there is no need for the Pixar name to be retained. The continued use of the name has meaning, because it represents something that Disney does not and has its own legacy that is known in common, but also distinct from the Disney legacy.

Comment

A few shared personelle do not change that there is an entirely different structure within each organization. Pixar also has a different culture than Disney, although many would say the Pixar culture has been infected by the Disney culture. And still, if Pixar IS Disney, then there is no need for the Pixar name to be retained. The continued use of the name has meaning, because it represents something that Disney does not and has its own legacy that is known in common, but also distinct from the Disney legacy.
                well i can agree with that but you cant ignore the fact that Pixar in a way, has saved DCA
                sigpic

Comment

When I go to DCA , the Pixar attractions (other than FFF) are what mainly scream "family" to me like Carsland, Turtle Talk, and TSMM. They may not fit the theme of their respective lands (like Monsters Inc), but don't forget that Disneyland is guilty for plopping Pixar rides in the wrong places as well (glares at FNSV)

Comment

Exactly. Pixar is Pixar in every creative sensibility and in its internal management structure. The fact that it was purchased by Disney doesn't make it "Disney" in any way except as a business entity. The fact that Disney customers are comfortable erasing the difference between the two studios is irrelevant to what they in fact are -- different studios with different histories, different heritages, different personnel, and different creative sensibilities.
                    "Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
                    it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
                    together with every variety of recreation and fun,
                    designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
                    - Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
                    - Bob Chapek

Comment

most people regarded toy story as a disney movie
                      sigpic

Comment

There's no real problem with Pixar in the parks. Now it's quite obvious that DCA has the most Pixar influence out of all the other Disney parks in the world but despite that it works. Disney does own Pixar, yes. But the fact of the matter is that Pixar is not Disney and Disney is not Pixar. They may have a close connection to one another and one may own the other but they are two separate companies with two separate styles. Despite that they work very well together and because of that Pixar will always have a presence in the parks whether you like it or not. The only park without a Pixar-based attraction to my knowledge is Epcot...oh wait, Nemo and Friends...maybe DisneySea...oops, TSMM...DLP? Nope, forgot about Laser Blast...see my point? No matter what, each and every Disney theme park will have a Pixar-themed attraction/area. Pixar has become a part of the Disney legacy and as time goes by and the Pixar name gets even bigger and bigger, we'll be seeing a lot more of Woody and Buzz in the Happiest Place on Earth and her sisters.
                        "Y'all come back now, ya hear?"

Comment

well i can agree with that but you cant ignore the fact that Pixar in a way, has saved DCA
                          How so? Before Toy Story Midway Mania! most of the Pixar additions were quite small in nature and part of the rather haphazard attempt at boosting the park's performance. Toy Story Midway Mania!, while popular, does not seem to have had a huge impact on the performance of the park. Cars Land is clearly very popular and may well help turn the fortunes of the park, but that is a single property, but I also think that had the Cars films never existed a similarly loving synthesis of Route 66 on a grand scale would also be well received.

---------- Post added 07-02-2012 at 01:42 AM ----------

Plenty of people also think that Don Bluth's animated films are Disney films. Same for the works of Dreamworks Animation.

Comment

What people think doesn't define the reality of which studio is which. When Fritz the Cat opened, Disney was deluged with angry mail from parents who took their kids to it thinking it was a Disney animated feature. Many continued to insist it was a Disney film, even after seeing the credits for another studio, and even after Disney disclaimed all ownership of it.

Ask the artists at Pixar if they're Disney, and ask the artists at Disney if they're Pixar. You'll get a resounding NO.

The fact that Pixar makes great animated films with great characters is irrelevant to the claim that "Pixar is Disney." Pixar is owned by Disney as a business entity, and Disney distributes their films -- but there the similarity ends.

Plenty of people also think that Don Bluth's animated films are Disney films. Same for the works of Dreamworks Animation.
                            Bingo.

The stories are legion of the number of artists at Emeyrville and Burbank whose uncles, aunts, grandparents and even parents routinely ask what they did on this film or that -- films that were done by another studio.

When it comes to animation, most people don't know which studio is which... and even fewer know to which era of animation history a given film belongs. (The numbers of Disney management who are even more ill-informed than the public on this score would make your jaw drop.)
                            Last edited by Mr Wiggins; 07-01-2012, 11:00 PM.

- Walt Disney

- Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
                            - Bob Chapek

Comment

How so? Before Toy Story Midway Mania! most of the Pixar additions were quite small in nature and part of the rather haphazard attempt at boosting the park's performance. Toy Story Midway Mania!, while popular, does not seem to have had a huge impact on the performance of the park. Cars Land is clearly very popular and may well help turn the fortunes of the park, but that is a single property, but I also think that had the Cars films never existed a similarly loving synthesis of Route 66 on a grand scale would also be well received.

---------- Post added 07-02-2012 at 01:42 AM ----------

i disagree completely!

---------- Post added 07-01-2012 at 10:44 PM ----------

Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
                              What people think is up to them. When Fritz the Cat opened, Disney was deluged with angry mail from parents who took their kids to it thinking it was a Disney animated feature.

Ask the artists at Pixar if they're Disney, and ask the artists at Disney if they're Pixar. You'll get a resounding NO.

The fact that Pixar makes great animated films with great characters is irrelevant to the claim that "Pixar is Disney." Pixar is owned Disney as a legal business entity, and Disney distributes their films -- but there the similarity ends.
                              i liked Fritz hehe
                              sigpic

Comment

A lot of PIXAR's founding members were mentored by some of the Nine Old Men. So there is a connection there. Regardless of how their companies are structured, PIXAR makes quality family entertainment. Just like Disney does. And PIXAR wouldn't be the success it is now without having their films distributed by Disney in the beginning.

Comment

to me pixar is disney period. Just like the muppets and winnie the pooh are disney.

Comment

exactly
                                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dirton View Post
                                      to me pixar is disney period. Just like the muppets and winnie the pooh are disney.
                                      And Marvel
                                      "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

Comment

Originally posted by Dirton View Post
                                        Winnie the Pooh in animation is Disney. The Disney Studio did the first animation adaptation from the Pooh books, back in the 1960s.

The Muppets are Disney in business name only, because Disney bought the company. In soul and spirit, the Muppets are still Jim's, and always will be.

- Walt Disney

- Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
                                        - Bob Chapek

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X