X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: stop calling DCA Pixar land

Originally posted by MrsMonroe View Post
    its the same creators so i refuse to accept that disney merely owns pixar. like i said, pixar IS disney. thank you
    It's not the same creators. Disney was merely the distributor for Pixar dating back to the original Toy Story. Disney didn't just purchase Pixar because it sounded like a good idea. It is an amazing brand because of their successful movies over the last 15+ years and will continue to do so until they throw out a huge bomb.

As bad as Cars 2 might have been last year, it was still a decent movie. I just felt it didn't live up to the Pixar standard, albeit a high one. DCA isn't exclusively Pixar, after all, Nemo is in Tomorrow Land in the other park, but you'd have to be living under a rock to not see the influence Pixar has had over the development and re-development of DCA, Cars Land is a testament to that.
    "Up" is a relative concept. It has no intrinsic value.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
      Winnie the Pooh in animation is Disney. The Disney Studio did the first animation adaptation from the Pooh books, back in the 1960s.

The Muppets are Disney in business name only, because Disney bought the company. In soul and spirit, the Muppets are still Jim's, and always will be.
      I can see the argument that the Muppets are now Disney's. There was definitely some loss of soul following the acquisition of the property and that Disney strongly injected themselves, breaking the creative connection between Henson and his peers and those working with the characters today.

Comment

Originally posted by calsig31 View Post
        And Marvel
        disney owns some of the Halloween and Hellraiser films
        sigpic

This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

"You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

Comment

First off, Pixar didn't save DCA. One might even argue that Pixar doomed Disneyland before people realized it. Before, when Disney made hit after hit, these would be in the parks through parades, staged entertainment, and meet & greets. Nothing in the parks were permanent. And that was fine!

And then Disney hits started to go down in box office, Pixar went up. They scrambled to put Pixar in the parks.

Nothing against Pixar but the presence of Pixar in the parks was done so mainly because of Eisner's penny pinching. Disney didn't OWN Pixar (yet) but he could control their property by putting attractions in the parks. Soon, there was an over reliance on Pixar attractions as EVERYONE seemed to notice.

Gone were the original attractions. Here to stay were the forced Pixar attractions. Some are good (Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin, Radiator Springs Racers, Midway Mania) and some are bad (Bug's Land, Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage). But ALL are pretty much out of place.

So you see, Pixar didn't save DCA. It actually stunted growth and creativity.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
          http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
          http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

^ And THAT is the Bingo of the month! :thumbup:
            "Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
            it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
            together with every variety of recreation and fun,
            designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
            - Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
            - Bob Chapek

Comment

Anything can be bad or good...for me Buzz...Nemo...and Monsters Inc don't really do much more then being a dark ride

While Toy story works because of how interactive it is (though it would be jut as good if themed to another movie) and Carsland is a fun idea of route 66...with a few new rides that are very well themed

I would not mind and Up ride...if done right....same with any Pixar film BUT only if done to fit a theme in a land and a lot of money is put into making it a great attraction not just a filler attraction
              Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

This sure looks like it's a Disney company to me. The word Disney is even before Pixar telling me that Disney is the most important.

Comment

haha maliboomer should have been called UP lol but i agree
                  sigpic

This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

"You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

Comment

Personally I can't stand the Pixar brand. Some of the movies are fine, but they're too pleasing to the masses. The whole studio comes off as arrogant. They aren't taking risks, and I can't stand the CGI animation. That being said, I think for the most part that DCA has a good balance. Especially with BVS and WOC. Until Disney goes back to making their own movies however, we're stuck with them. Princess and the Frog was just not handled well enough. If anything, get rid of that tacky Pixar Parade. Why would name the parade after the studio? It just sounds so lazy. And do kids really know what Pixar means? Maybe I'm nitpicking.

Comment

I love Pixar and their characters but i think the main reason why people call DCA is because it has many attractions based off pixar. I love the rides and stuff, but i would prefer to have original ideas than Pixar.

Comment

valid opinion
                        sigpic

Comment

Pixar Play Parade exists because Pixar IS a separate brand under the Disney umbrella -- and the parade ONLY features Pixar created characters. You wouldn't have a "Disney" parade full of only Marvel characters now would we?

But for the most part, if you have a general Disney parade, Pixar and Muppets have been included. It's only a matter of time until Marvel does too.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
                          http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
                          http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

Originally posted by TTFN92 View Post
                            This sure looks like it's a Disney company to me. The word Disney is even before Pixar telling me that Disney is the most important.

They do the same thing for the films.. but would that mean... Sony/Columbia pictures is more important and Marvel is "part" of that company?

Spider-Man Main Titles - YouTube

Seriously though, although I do appreciate most of Pixar's work, I don't consider them Disney as much as I consider them just another part of Disney. Much like how Marvel and The Muppets are. So let's say they build a third gate that isn't restricted to Marvel but they do incorporate as much as they do Pixar in DCA.. don't go calling that Marvel Land. That my friends, would be a double standard.

Comment

good point
                              sigpic

Comment

15 attractions, lands and shows I can count that are Pixar.
                                25 attractions, lands and shows that are "Disney"

This was all off the top of my head.

Comment

so its disney's pixar adventure?
                                  sigpic

Comment

I love all the stuff in DCA Pixar or not
                                    Im here for fun and info not be a bully! Carsland here I come:yea:

Comment

DCA was so poorly conceived and executed at the start, that good ideas were desperately needed, regardless if they came from Disney, or their ownership of Pixar.

Disney also owns Marvel, ABC and ESPN. Don't want any part of Marvel in the parks. They tried tie ins with ABC within the first couple of years of DCA. We all saw how well that worked.
                                      God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

I think even though they are a newer addition, and obviously more of an "offshoot" than true Disney fare (like Princess and the Frog to name something contemporary) the fact is they are considered in the public mind to be part of the Disney brand. Nevermind what actual legal corporate divisions there are and what-have-you, they're a very well integrated Disney brand that shares many of the qualities that make Disney special - probably one of the best brand pairings out there. Pixar and Disney just make sense together.

So who cares how close to being one company they are? They both make animated movies, both have engaging and memorable characters and stories, and are both beloved by children and adults alike. I'd love to see more true Disney stuff coming out too, but for now, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. I enjoy Pixar too.
                                        ..:: DLR Trips: 1994, 1999, 2012 ::..

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
                                          Winnie the Pooh in animation is Disney. The Disney Studio did the first animation adaptation from the Pooh books, back in the 1960s.

The Muppets are Disney in business name only, because Disney bought the company. In soul and spirit, the Muppets are still Jim's, and always will be.
                                          Exactly. People can play the "To me" game all they want, but facts are facts.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X