X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: stop calling DCA Pixar land

Originally posted by Coheteboy View Post
    Your post supports that people think of Pixar brand before they think of Disney when it comes to CG animation.

Disney is finally taking a step towards quality again and that's a good thing.
    Maybe it would help people keep the line more distinct if Disney stuck to hand-drawn and left the CG to Pixar... just my 2 cents
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

Comment

Originally posted by mickeyfan42 View Post
      Maybe it would help people keep the line more distinct if Disney stuck to hand-drawn and left the CG to Pixar... just my 2 cents

That's definitely what many older fans would prefer. Again, Eisner's doing because of how good Pixar was but he didn't want to buy them. He wanted Disney to become the next Pixar.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
      http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
      http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

That's what I thought they were going to do.

Comment

That's definitely what many older fans would prefer. Again, Eisner's doing because of how good Pixar was but he didn't want to buy them. He wanted Disney to become the next Pixar.
          How old is old? I'm 20 and when I was growing up the new Disney movie meant a new hand-drawn animated musical with Alan Menken's music. Pixar meant a CG buddy movie with Randy Newman's music. But when Disney made Chicken Little, Bolt, Meet the Robinsons, and a few others I lost hope for WDAS. Then when John was brought in as the head of both I remember seeing that he asked the animators if they would prefer to do hand-drawn or cg to which they voted for hand-drawn. Of the last 3 WDAS movies, only 1 wasn't hand-drawn and all 3 were Excellent movies. And it looks like they are using a handful of different animation styles in Wreck-it-Ralph. So the question becomes, will the WDAS movies after Wreck-it-Ralph be hand-drawn (like Frozen). Also, does anyone know why Alan Menken isn't doing the music in Frozen?
          Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
          July 13th-18th
          November 19th-25th

Comment

How old is old? I'm 20 and when I was growing up the new Disney movie meant a new hand-drawn animated musical with Alan Menken's music. Pixar meant a CG buddy movie with Randy Newman's music. But when Disney made Chicken Little, Bolt, Meet the Robinsons, and a few others I lost hope for WDAS. Then when John was brought in as the head of both I remember seeing that he asked the animators if they would prefer to do hand-drawn or cg to which they voted for hand-drawn. Of the last 3 WDAS movies, only 1 wasn't hand-drawn and all 3 were Excellent movies. And it looks like they are using a handful of different animation styles in Wreck-it-Ralph. So the question becomes, will the WDAS movies after Wreck-it-Ralph be hand-drawn (like Frozen). Also, does anyone know why Alan Menken isn't doing the music in Frozen?

Princess and the Frog as well as the wonderful Winnie the Pooh were hand drawn. But it is unfortunate that there's fewer hand drawn films in the pipe line. But so far, the two hand drawn films didn't make much money compared to one Tangled. So there's that.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
            http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
            http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

Some people think that every good CGI film is Pixar. I know, it is sad. How many times will I have to tell people that shrek isn't Pixar.

Comment

Princess and the Frog as well as the wonderful Winnie the Pooh were hand drawn. But it is unfortunate that there's fewer hand drawn films in the pipe line. But so far, the two hand drawn films didn't make much money compared to one Tangled. So there's that.
                Tangled made money because it was well made, not because it was CG... plus it is one of the most expensive animated movies ever made, originally it was going to be hand-drawn then like halfway through they changed their mind and made it CG, hence the huge budget... I'm wondering if Nintendo is getting royalties for Wreck-It-Ralph

---------- Post added 07-02-2012 at 06:59 PM ----------

Originally posted by YoungImagineer View Post
                Some people think that every good CGI film is Pixar. I know, it is sad. How many times will I have to tell people that shrek isn't Pixar.
                same with how everyone thinks Anastasia is Disney... I just tell people that Pixar only has 13 films, and WDAS only has 51 (52 with Wreck-it-Ralph)
                Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
                July 13th-18th
                November 19th-25th

Comment

maybe it would help people keep the line more distinct if disney stuck to hand-drawn and left the cg to pixar... Just my 2 cents
                  thank you!!!
                  sigpic

This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

"You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X