X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: "a bug's land"

Originally posted by MrsMonroe View Post
    mr. toad is a fun house, snow white is a haunted house and astro orbitor, the carrousel, casey jr. tea cups and dumbo can be found at a country fair too.
    Yes they can but these rides were built how long ago? "a bug's land" should have rides that are more original.

Comment

lol it better be an E Ticket if im gonna wait two hours lol
      sigpic

This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

"You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

Comment

It never seems deserted like others have said and it does attract the youngin's but something so much better could be put in its place. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy it from time to time but the majority of my trips I'm just blazing through it or using the restroom.

MrsMonroe, to quote you from your Jungle Cruise thread.. "things need to be changed" :thumbup:

Comment

Originally posted by Sheriff Lightyear View Post
          MrsMonroe, to quote you from your Jungle Cruise thread.. "things need to be changed" :thumbup:
          :clap::bow:
          sigpic

This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

"You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

Comment

Originally posted by frollofan View Post
            Last time I visited DCA there was hardly anyone walking into Bugs Land. I think that this land needs help or demolition first before they touch Autopia and FNSV

When was the last time you went? Because ever since they opened the walkway between bugs land and TOT courtyard the place is busy and now is even more busy since it also connects to Carsland. The attractions in this small land always have a decent size queue and the area is not really big enough to do much else with it anyway. Why demolish three minor attractions when nothing really significant can be built there.

What the land needs is a bit of reconfiguration starting with the removal of the huge marquee and the relocation of the ITTBAB entrance and exit. Once that is done then the large unused fast pass machine area could be used properly for something else. Eventually RSR will not need two fast pass distribution areas.

Comment

I think when Walt said, "Disneyland is your land." some people decided to take it a liiiittle too literally.

There is supposed to be something for everyone at DLR - there's people of all ages, from all over the world, with all different tastes. From adults with a taste for thrills or immersive details, to small children who want something that's a little more kidlike, simple, and fun - based on things that are fascinating and familiar to them.

It's easy to say they could do better for a land that is largely directed at little ones, but it's very telling that when it comes right down to it, most of the suggestions for what to replace "it's a bugs land" with are adult oriented E-ticket rides - NOT new ideas for really small-child friendly attractions. These kids aren't going to be riding on ToT or Screamin', you're not going to be riding on Flik's Flyers or the Chew Chew Train. That's the way it is - not everyone goes for the same things. Why begrudge it to them?

Just my $0.02.
              ..:: DLR Trips: 1994, 1999, 2012 ::..

Comment

Originally posted by kayleigh83 View Post
                I think when Walt said, "Disneyland is your land." some people decided to take it a liiiittle too literally.
                laugh my *** off
                sigpic

Comment

The only ride in Bug's Land that I could see disappearing is Tuck'n'Roll's. I think Chew-Chew should be plussed...turn it into a dark Ride, and run it up and over the Bug's Land bathroom building.

People calling for the death of the land should remember that it used to include the very unique attraction of Bountiful Farms. Sure, manicured gardens aren't for everyone, but I know many who always found it a wonderful place to check out (even with the kids screaming and playing in the water area). It also had it's own small eatery there.

Now, with Bountiful Farms gone, It's Tough To Be a Bug sits oddly outside of Bug's Land, but I don't think they'd be able to do much about that, with the way the queue is designed.

As for what to replace Tuck'n'Roll with...if space is a concern, do another orbiter, like dumbo or rockets, only make it a 'burrower' where the lever, instead of sending you up, sends you down into a themed trench

Comment

I think the land is very cute! It is also one of my favorite Pixar movies. I never visit that land though so I see where this thread is coming from. Now my only problem with it is that people are saying it is for kids. Well a lot of Disneyland and California Adventure rides are for kids. I say they at least need to redo one or two rides and make it more appealing to an older audience. Not an E-ticket ride but something more fun and appealing. Otherwise the land is fun for kids, although every time I go it is not popular and wait times never exceed 15 minutes. Just maybe touch it up a bit redo a ride or two to attract older audiences and it should be fine!

Comment

Originally posted by Danielabella View Post
                      I think the land is very cute! It is also one of my favorite Pixar movies. I never visit that land though so I see where this thread is coming from. Now my only problem with it is that people are saying it is for kids. Well a lot of Disneyland and California Adventure rides are for kids. I say they at least need to redo one or two rides and make it more appealing to an older audience. Not an E-ticket ride but something more fun and appealing. Otherwise the land is fun for kids, although every time I go it is not popular and wait times never exceed 15 minutes. Just maybe touch it up a bit redo a ride or two to attract older audiences and it should be fine!
                      agreed
                      sigpic

Comment

I love "Its tough to be a bug," I dont do the kiddie rides but The kids do and it keeps them there, You always see stroller row, full, Love that! I remember when DCA opened, Bugs were everywhere, It was great, I still have some cool bugs pins from the opening. Sorry but I agree to Disagree, It hurts nothing

Comment

It's a very well themed land for the younger ones that takes up very little space. If they're going to tear it down it better be for a good reason

Comment

I want it to go as well.

But it's not important on my list as I'd rather see other things done first, as Bugsland is at least a beautiful land.

Comment

Originally posted by Baloo View Post
                              When was the last time you went? Because ever since they opened the walkway between bugs land and TOT courtyard the place is busy and now is even more busy since it also connects to Carsland. The attractions in this small land always have a decent size queue and the area is not really big enough to do much else with it anyway. Why demolish three minor attractions when nothing really significant can be built there.

What the land needs is a bit of reconfiguration starting with the removal of the huge marquee and the relocation of the ITTBAB entrance and exit. Once that is done then the large unused fast pass machine area could be used properly for something else. Eventually RSR will not need two fast pass distribution areas.
                              Last Wednesday and I looked at the entrance at about noon. I think that people were not going in there because of Cars Land being right next door with new rides. I sure WDI could fit an D or E ticket attraction that serves as a good transition from Buena VIsta Street to Cars Land.

Comment

It's no surprise that the overwhelming majority opinion on this forum about bug's land is that it should close when many of us don't have young children to look after and entertain...When I have a kid and they're too scared to go on attractions like Pirates or even the Fun Wheel, I'm going to get them started with Flik's Flyers and the Tuck and Roll ride.

Comment

yeah, as someone recently pointed out to me on this subject, not much else for the li'l ones at DCA. They need this land.

"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

-Walt Disney

Comment

At first, I was going to say "There IS no Bugs Land - a single ride is not a land" but I forgot Flik's Fun Fair was considered part of the land! Oops.

Yeah, it's actually really nice for kids. Well themed and immersive and shady for hot days. It looks particularly nice at night. As adults we may think the rides are terrible (ok, they sort of are) but as kids rides go, they're a nice, clean step up from the county fair.
                                    Please consider the environment before printing useless emails

Comment

I think the reason I strongly dislike this land is because it is too predictable.
                                      Yes, it is completely fine to have a little kids area in a theme park.
                                      *Cough* fantasyland dark rides, which are actually respectable and still fun for all ages.
                                      Bugsland is not fun imo unless you are under 6.
                                      It needs more dark rides to be up to par imo, but the land itself is nicely immersive and themed.

Comment

Originally posted by greeeneyes17 View Post
                                        Bugsland is not fun imo unless you are under 6.
                                        It is enjoyable to those over 6, especially if you have kids and get the bonus of enjoying it with them and seeing their eyes light up as they enjoy the attractions.

Originally posted by greeeneyes17 View Post
                                        It needs more dark rides to be up to par imo, but the land itself is nicely immersive and themed.
                                        I think that if they would have just enclosed the train, it would have had more of a dark ride feel to it. Some additional animatronics would have been nice on that, too.
                                        "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

Comment

I have no problem that the place is for kids. I understand people want a land for little kids, but it can be done much better and with much more relevance to the overall park.

My problems mainly relate to THEME: Sure the land is well done overall, but the rides themselves are simply off-the-shelve rides with simple overlays. Do kids like the rides? Yes. Do kids like rides at the fair? Yes. Do kids like Peter Pan? Yes. Stop arguing that kids like it. There are better ways to design a land that kids will like. The rides themselves are only marginally better than the Sesame Street area at Sea World. I know kids who loved the Orange Stinger... just because little kids like something it does not get a free pass and we do not have to leave it alone. "Kids like it" is not the Disney standard. Story, theme and relevance are.

Also the land has nothing to do with California, period. It was a quick, cheap fix that clearly was not given enough thought in the scope of the park.

Yes DCA needs rich environments... but more than anything it needs rich environments that relate to California. I could built and awesome land in Disneyland Park themed to Thor's home planet. And it would be awesome, and the theme would fully engulf guests. How many people would be for that? 1% of you? Why?... Because it doesn't fit in Disneyland? Then why does "a bug's land" fit in DCA?

We should not have to settle for off-the-shelve rides redressed so as to still be irrelevant within the scope of their larger setting. Yes little kids need a space... but it does not have to be "a bug's land".
                                          Disneyland Wooooh!

"You see- Everybody's got a laughin' place, trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it."

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X