• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BlAcKoUt510
    replied
    Re: "a bug's land"

I want it to go as well.

But it's not important on my list as I'd rather see other things done first, as Bugsland is at least a beautiful land.

Leave a comment:

• ChurroMan
    replied

It's a very well themed land for the younger ones that takes up very little space. If they're going to tear it down it better be for a good reason

Leave a comment:

• Joshnyah
    replied

I love "Its tough to be a bug," I dont do the kiddie rides but The kids do and it keeps them there, You always see stroller row, full, Love that! I remember when DCA opened, Bugs were everywhere, It was great, I still have some cool bugs pins from the opening. Sorry but I agree to Disagree, It hurts nothing

Leave a comment:

• MrsMonroe
    replied

Originally posted by Danielabella View Post
    I think the land is very cute! It is also one of my favorite Pixar movies. I never visit that land though so I see where this thread is coming from. Now my only problem with it is that people are saying it is for kids. Well a lot of Disneyland and California Adventure rides are for kids. I say they at least need to redo one or two rides and make it more appealing to an older audience. Not an E-ticket ride but something more fun and appealing. Otherwise the land is fun for kids, although every time I go it is not popular and wait times never exceed 15 minutes. Just maybe touch it up a bit redo a ride or two to attract older audiences and it should be fine!
    agreed

Leave a comment:

• Danielabella
    replied

I think the land is very cute! It is also one of my favorite Pixar movies. I never visit that land though so I see where this thread is coming from. Now my only problem with it is that people are saying it is for kids. Well a lot of Disneyland and California Adventure rides are for kids. I say they at least need to redo one or two rides and make it more appealing to an older audience. Not an E-ticket ride but something more fun and appealing. Otherwise the land is fun for kids, although every time I go it is not popular and wait times never exceed 15 minutes. Just maybe touch it up a bit redo a ride or two to attract older audiences and it should be fine!

Leave a comment:

• AMUSIX
    replied

The only ride in Bug's Land that I could see disappearing is Tuck'n'Roll's. I think Chew-Chew should be plussed...turn it into a dark Ride, and run it up and over the Bug's Land bathroom building.

People calling for the death of the land should remember that it used to include the very unique attraction of Bountiful Farms. Sure, manicured gardens aren't for everyone, but I know many who always found it a wonderful place to check out (even with the kids screaming and playing in the water area). It also had it's own small eatery there.

Now, with Bountiful Farms gone, It's Tough To Be a Bug sits oddly outside of Bug's Land, but I don't think they'd be able to do much about that, with the way the queue is designed.

As for what to replace Tuck'n'Roll with...if space is a concern, do another orbiter, like dumbo or rockets, only make it a 'burrower' where the lever, instead of sending you up, sends you down into a themed trench

Leave a comment:

• MrsMonroe
    replied

Originally posted by kayleigh83 View Post
    I think when Walt said, "Disneyland is your land." some people decided to take it a liiiittle too literally.
    laugh my *** off

Leave a comment:

• kayleigh83
    replied

I think when Walt said, "Disneyland is your land." some people decided to take it a liiiittle too literally.

There is supposed to be something for everyone at DLR - there's people of all ages, from all over the world, with all different tastes. From adults with a taste for thrills or immersive details, to small children who want something that's a little more kidlike, simple, and fun - based on things that are fascinating and familiar to them.

It's easy to say they could do better for a land that is largely directed at little ones, but it's very telling that when it comes right down to it, most of the suggestions for what to replace "it's a bugs land" with are adult oriented E-ticket rides - NOT new ideas for really small-child friendly attractions. These kids aren't going to be riding on ToT or Screamin', you're not going to be riding on Flik's Flyers or the Chew Chew Train. That's the way it is - not everyone goes for the same things. Why begrudge it to them?

Just my $0.02.

Leave a comment:

• Baloo
    replied

Originally posted by frollofan View Post
    Last time I visited DCA there was hardly anyone walking into Bugs Land. I think that this land needs help or demolition first before they touch Autopia and FNSV

When was the last time you went? Because ever since they opened the walkway between bugs land and TOT courtyard the place is busy and now is even more busy since it also connects to Carsland. The attractions in this small land always have a decent size queue and the area is not really big enough to do much else with it anyway. Why demolish three minor attractions when nothing really significant can be built there.

What the land needs is a bit of reconfiguration starting with the removal of the huge marquee and the relocation of the ITTBAB entrance and exit. Once that is done then the large unused fast pass machine area could be used properly for something else. Eventually RSR will not need two fast pass distribution areas.

Leave a comment:

• MrsMonroe
    replied

Originally posted by Sheriff Lightyear View Post
    MrsMonroe, to quote you from your Jungle Cruise thread.. "things need to be changed" :thumbup:
    :clap::bow:

Leave a comment:

• Sheriff Lightyear
    replied

It never seems deserted like others have said and it does attract the youngin's but something so much better could be put in its place. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy it from time to time but the majority of my trips I'm just blazing through it or using the restroom.

MrsMonroe, to quote you from your Jungle Cruise thread.. "things need to be changed" :thumbup:

Leave a comment:

• MrsMonroe
    replied

lol it better be an E Ticket if im gonna wait two hours lol

Leave a comment:

• atbsfire
    replied

Originally posted by MrsMonroe View Post
    mr. toad is a fun house, snow white is a haunted house and astro orbitor, the carrousel, casey jr. tea cups and dumbo can be found at a country fair too.
    Yes they can but these rides were built how long ago? "a bug's land" should have rides that are more original.

Leave a comment:

• Eonevoli1017
    replied

I think it serves a purpose for the younger crowd, and whenever I meander through there from a trip on TOT it always seems like there are plenty of people in there, it's not a ghost town as some suggest. Just because it might not be themed to your liking doesn't mean it's a failure. DLR is for families of ALL ages and that's what Bugs Land exemplifies.

Not everything has to be an "E" ticket 2 hour wait to be exciting. It's all about pacing with the parks and the smaller rides are easier on families and allow parents to take a break from the hustling and bustling around the rest of the park. Plus, who's going to complain about the large amount of shade especially on a hot day.

Leave a comment:

• MrsMonroe
    replied

Originally posted by atbsfire View Post
    The rides i'n "a bug's land" can be found at a county fair...
    mr. toad is a fun house, snow white is a haunted house and astro orbitor, the carrousel, casey jr. tea cups and dumbo can be found at a country fair too.

Leave a comment:

• calsig31
    replied

Originally posted by atbsfire View Post
    As opposed to Dumbo, the Tea Cups, King Arthur, Casey Jr., and Astro Orbitor which can be found nowhere else...

Leave a comment:

• atbsfire
    replied

Leave a comment:

• MrsMonroe
    replied

Originally posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    Bugsland was made for young kids....and some families but I rather the area be used for a Big E ticket ride like Pirates....that is a family ride and an instant classic
    why close 6 attractions for one ride?

---------- Post added 07-01-2012 at 10:37 PM ----------

Originally posted by CritterCountryGirl View Post
    OH YEAAAA i love it's tough to be a bug!!!!!
    me too

---------- Post added 07-01-2012 at 10:38 PM ----------

Originally posted by Micoofy Duck View Post
    Step on it! Squash it! Replace it with a brand new attraction, ride.
    no

Leave a comment:

• Micoofy Duck
    replied

Step on it! Squash it! Replace it with a brand new attraction, ride.

Leave a comment:

• calsig31
    replied

It is a well themed, immersive environment. CA Adventure needs more of those, not less. The fact that the rides appeal more towards children and families with small children is what people are having a problem with. However, the park also needs rides that don't have a height minimum as well.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X