Announcement

Collapse

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
See more
See less

"a bug's land"

Collapse

Header Ad

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• atbsfire
    started a topic [Chat] "a bug's land"

"a bug's land"

I can't wait to see this place demolished...

• JMazz
    replied
    Re: "a bug's land"

Originally posted by atbsfire View Post
    It's okay i understand . I wish they could have at least made the "Chew Chew Train" into a dark ride :/

Agreed!
    I don't know why, but in my group (there are no kids BTW), we have no issues jumping on an A-ticket ride in Fantasyland, but we have issues riding this "train". It seems so out of place for us. I feel it would change the "only for tots" aspect greatly if they were to enclose it, use a bit of lighting, and add to the train whatever it is in a Fantasyland A-ticket that makes it worth riding.

Leave a comment:

• MrsMonroe
    replied

Originally posted by ohmyjustin View Post
    Flying takeout boxes are totally unique! I'll give you the others, but whoever designed Flik's Flyers definitely put more thought into the vehicles than those who did the other rides. Assuming they're different people.
    they usually are different people

Leave a comment:

• ohmyjustin
    replied

Originally posted by Nemo123 View Post
    Like its cool if they wanna make a land for kids but at least put some time into it. Bumper Cars, a cheesy train, flying takeout boxes, ladybugs that go in circles. Cmon this has no imagination at all. DEMOLISH IT
    Flying takeout boxes are totally unique! I'll give you the others, but whoever designed Flik's Flyers definitely put more thought into the vehicles than those who did the other rides. Assuming they're different people.

Leave a comment:

• JerrodDRagon
    replied

Originally posted by MrsMonroe View Post
    why close 6 attractions for one ride?

---------- Post added 07-01-2012 at 10:37 PM ----------

me too

---------- Post added 07-01-2012 at 10:38 PM ----------

no
    Ohhh easy....One classic makes up for 6 rides no one will miss once they ride a this new ride...

Its like says would you make 6 crappy movies or one making picture....yeah think most people rather see the one that has meaning....try's something different and is not just more of the same

Leave a comment:

• Nemo123
    replied

Like its cool if they wanna make a land for kids but at least put some time into it. Bumper Cars, a cheesy train, flying takeout boxes, ladybugs that go in circles. Cmon this has no imagination at all. DEMOLISH IT

Leave a comment:

• cruise
    replied

Originally posted by calsig31 View Post
    That would be an awesome Fantasyland expansion. Maybe where the current theater is or in the Motorboat area. A Norse god would totally fit into the world of fantasy.
    Granted I guess we feel differently about the appropriateness of a Thor presence in Fantasyland/Disneyland in general... but my earlier comment refers to adding a separate Thor Land, not an expansion.

Imagine a Disneyland with New Orleans Square, Toontown, Critter Country, Tomorrowland, Fantasyland, Adventureland, Frontierland, Main Street USA, and Asgard.

If you still like the idea, I encourage you to check out Hong Kong's Toy Story Playland... essentially an "a bug's land" equivalent in every way; richly detailed, one-dimentional cheap rides that are inappropriate for the parks they are in.

With both these lands I ask myself... why not start with the idea of a land based on toys and then incorporate the characters (ala Toontown), or why not start with a land based on farming and then incorporate the bugs into the farming story. I will add that we almost got a Route 66 land with Cars characters in it... but at least that land still fits.

Leave a comment:

• ohmyjustin
    replied

Add a loop : Thrill rides :: Make it a dark ride : a bug's land

Leave a comment:

• shawnman
    replied

Heimlichs chew chew train has a great recorded spiel, its funny and it is a good family ride. the tuck and roll drive em buggies are super fun, with the sounds they make adding to the fun, another great family ride it's tuff to be a bug is a really nice attraction its very well done and its exciting. so the land has some great things to offer, while we are in bugs land we also do the lady bug boogie, and the flicks flyers. All in all it is a great area for anyone who visits. everyone is different and some people wont like certain areas of the park. this seems to not be an area of unanimous hate for most people. cant compare it to innoventions.

Leave a comment:

• flickor
    replied

bugs land is too flat and the ride times need to be doubled. I think they could add a ride to the existing area if they elevated it. I love when one ride goes over another, it's a great use of space and it improves each ride. They could even make an underground ride? Like an ant ride that uses the same technology the Seven Dwarves Mine Ride will have

Leave a comment:

• Dirton
    replied

Yeah i think most of the rides could use a little more flavor but overall the land is amazingly themed, just needs a little help to stand on it's own.

Leave a comment:

• ArchimedesWhatWhat
    replied

Bugs Land is great. I will even dare say does a better job of being immersive themed enviroment then cars land. (Take the mountain range away).

I will disagree with those who are saying they don't see many people in it, because I always see it busy. (There may be a slight dent in it right now due to Cars Land but that will even out more).

I agree it could benefit of becoming more of a "land" by adding a food service or merchandise shop. It could even use a dark ride.

One thing for sure though, they need to get rid of the Chew Chew train... That's just lame. It drives in a small circle with nothing special.

Leave a comment:

• calsig31
    replied

Originally posted by cruise View Post
    I could built and awesome land in Disneyland Park themed to Thor's home planet. And it would be awesome, and the theme would fully engulf guests.
    That would be an awesome Fantasyland expansion. Maybe where the current theater is or in the Motorboat area. A Norse god would totally fit into the world of fantasy.

Leave a comment:

• cruise
    replied

I have no problem that the place is for kids. I understand people want a land for little kids, but it can be done much better and with much more relevance to the overall park.

My problems mainly relate to THEME: Sure the land is well done overall, but the rides themselves are simply off-the-shelve rides with simple overlays. Do kids like the rides? Yes. Do kids like rides at the fair? Yes. Do kids like Peter Pan? Yes. Stop arguing that kids like it. There are better ways to design a land that kids will like. The rides themselves are only marginally better than the Sesame Street area at Sea World. I know kids who loved the Orange Stinger... just because little kids like something it does not get a free pass and we do not have to leave it alone. "Kids like it" is not the Disney standard. Story, theme and relevance are.

Also the land has nothing to do with California, period. It was a quick, cheap fix that clearly was not given enough thought in the scope of the park.

Yes DCA needs rich environments... but more than anything it needs rich environments that relate to California. I could built and awesome land in Disneyland Park themed to Thor's home planet. And it would be awesome, and the theme would fully engulf guests. How many people would be for that? 1% of you? Why?... Because it doesn't fit in Disneyland? Then why does "a bug's land" fit in DCA?

We should not have to settle for off-the-shelve rides redressed so as to still be irrelevant within the scope of their larger setting. Yes little kids need a space... but it does not have to be "a bug's land".

Leave a comment:

• calsig31
    replied

Originally posted by greeeneyes17 View Post
    Bugsland is not fun imo unless you are under 6.
    It is enjoyable to those over 6, especially if you have kids and get the bonus of enjoying it with them and seeing their eyes light up as they enjoy the attractions.

Originally posted by greeeneyes17 View Post
    It needs more dark rides to be up to par imo, but the land itself is nicely immersive and themed.
    I think that if they would have just enclosed the train, it would have had more of a dark ride feel to it. Some additional animatronics would have been nice on that, too.

Leave a comment:

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X