Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Why has Innoventions lasted this long?

Innoventions has become, over the last 15 years, the laughing stock of Disneyland.
    I don't know who liked it to begin with, I certainly can't name anyone I know who likes it now, and I don't understand why this hasn't gotten through to any of the people overseeing it at Disney.

Please correct me if I'm wrong because honestly I don't know what thought has gone into removing it or if it has been discussed previously but vetoed by executives, I'm just wondering how it has lasted so long.

It takes up a decent amount of space, and could be replaced with something better, no, I don't know what.
    It's just the eyesore of Tommorowland and it makes me embarrassed for the park to think that newcomers may choose this as their first ride and think "I came all the way to California for ...this ? What is this?"

Last time I went on it to see Asimo, and we had to leave because the whole thing has become basically a housing advertisement/sale scheme. I don't get it. It's not entertaining whatsoever.

Can someone explain to me why, if Disney can see Micechat, and can hear people's opinions, and I'm sure plenty of them think it's a flop themselves, why on earth is it still there?

Re: Why has Innoventions lasted this long?

The companies featured in Innoventions pay to maintain that presence. A different attraction would cost money to design, built, staff and operate.

Comment

Bingo!

Comment

Originally posted by lazyboy97O View Post
        The companies featured in Innoventions pay to maintain that presence. A different attraction would cost money to design, built, staff and operate.
        You beat me to it! Like he said, I'd say the sponsors involved in Inno make it last long.
        :meet: Because Bert Said So! :meet:

Comment

Just sucks that Disney can't say "to hell with the sponsors, this ride sucks".

Comment

Exactly. In addition, until they have a viable replacement, why shut down an attraction when some people can go in and enjoy it (or at least enjoy the air conditioning).
            "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

Comment

Originally posted by greeeneyes17 View Post
              Just sucks that Disney can't say "to hell with the sponsors, this ride sucks".
              They can, but their focus has been else where. It's time will come.

@FromMatterhorn on Twitter & Instagram

Comment

I know one thing, I'll be happy when it's gone. It takes up enough space to where something better could be put there. It's gotta go and I can't wait until it does.
                Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

Comment

I hope by the time I die it's gone.

Comment

^ I agree

Comment

I think it will be gone within 2 years to make way for a new set of attractions. If Disney is smart they will move on this area fast and try to get something new in to compete with the west coast arrival of Harry Potter.
                      BGood! It's not just my motto its my name!

Comment

Originally posted by mickdaddy View Post
                        I think it will be gone within 2 years to make way for a new set of attractions. If Disney is smart they will move on this area fast and try to get something new in to compete with the west coast arrival of Harry Potter.
                        I honestly don't think Disney will have to compete with Harry Potter. They are two separate things, and Disney is better IMO We will lose all the Harry Potter fans, maybe, but that's a small percentage,

Comment

Originally posted by mickdaddy View Post
                          I hadn't thought of that, but I agree. Disneyworld and the surrounding parks have gotten attention, I believe it's Disneyland's turn now.

Comment

Originally posted by greeeneyes17 View Post
                            I honestly don't think Disney will have to compete with Harry Potter. They are two separate things, and Disney is better IMO We will lose all the Harry Potter fans, maybe, but that's a small percentage,
                            You are severely underestimated the appeal of The Wizarding World of Harry Potter.

Comment

It needs to come down, like most of Tomorrowland. It is simply easier to start from square one.

Comment

Originally posted by doppio View Post
                                It needs to come down, like most of Tomorrowland. It is simply easier to start from square one.
                                Indeed.
                                I am old. But still love Disneyland.

Comment

Hopefully enough sponsors will realize that they're getting very little foot traffic there, and in fact they may be hurting their reputations by being associated with Innoventions (At least I think so), so they'll pull out and force Disney to put in something actually - what's the word I'm looking for? Oh yeah! "Good."
                                  http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
                                  http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ip-report.html
                                  http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...something.html

No matter where you go, there you are.

Comment

If Innoventions was truly showcasing the future (as it should be) than it would be a wonderful addition to tomorrowland. Unfortunately, the entire attraction is packed full of advertisements and relatively useless information. Why does it exist? Simply because it does draw people in, and, is completely funded by the companies that advertise within it.

That being said, the outside does look quite nice. For the time being, just think about it as an addition to the tomorrowland atmosphere.
                                    We've past the Endor moon...

Comment

I don't want to walk around a big warehouse full of informational booths, no matter how current or cutting edge the information may be, at Disneyland. Big yawn.

Save it for the state fairs and convention centers.

Comment

Originally posted by doppio View Post
                                        I don't want to walk around a big warehouse full of informational booths, no matter how current or cutting edge the information may be, at Disneyland. Big yawn.

Save it for the state fairs and convention centers.
                                        It's not a giant warehouse, but a large rotating building. Perhaps replacing Innovations with a futuristic dark thrill ride with star ships and space battles would be a great idea.

Walt Disney's Original Magic Kingdom!
                                        Save
                                        Sav

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X