This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Call me a cynic but...

I can't stand this new bride. I can't stand how she looks. She's just off. I also don't like that she's holding a hatchet. It really bothers me with my kids. When I was young I never really understood what was going on in the attic. Then when she was holding the hatchet I was always worried that my kids would ask why. It's a little dark and not something I wanted to explain. I'd rather they figure it out on their own when it wouldn't scare them. I have a son that is already scared of that ride. I don't really need to explain to him that the bride killed all of her husbands. Wish they'd have left it alone. I like the beating heart bride much better.

Comment

Originally posted by TTFN92 View Post
      I can't stand this new bride. I can't stand how she looks. She's just off. I also don't like that she's holding a hatchet. It really bothers me with my kids. When I was young I never really understood what was going on in the attic. Then when she was holding the hatchet I was always worried that my kids would ask why. It's a little dark and not something I wanted to explain. I'd rather they figure it out on their own when it wouldn't scare them. I have a son that is already scared of that ride. I don't really need to explain to him that the bride killed all of her husbands. Wish they'd have left it alone. I like the beating heart bride much better.
      It's really pretty tame. Has your son seen Snow White, or the Lion King? They both involve murders or at least attempted ones. I mean you do see a man hanging in the pre-show, after all, I would find that far worse since you're seeing it instead of it being implied.

My bigger issue with the new bride is that she doesn't match the one at the end.

Comment

My only problems with the new bride is her balloon, weird-looking face and her stupid one liners. I would obviously want the old bride back, but I don't care either way. The face is what gets me, looks too silly.
        - Walt Disney

Comment

Deleted
          Last edited by Disneymike; 07-03-2012, 11:10 AM.

Comment

I like her morbid one liners. It kind of ties the story line of the current attic together. Otherwise, the pictures with the vanishing husband heads and the storyline of the attic might be a little lost (not that it makes it all amazingly clear with them). I would love to see her fade completely away between them, but with the buggies constantly moving past, that might leave some without a vision of her. So I suppose that is why they never have her fully vanish.

Comment

Not a fan...at all

I used to LOVE the pop-up heads, the disembodied voices taunting the bride and the sound of a single heartbeat and a bride that seems to be staring at everyone as they pass, seeing if her long lost bride is in one of the doombuggies.

Sometimes less is more...I would always get creeped out before the new attic scene...these days...meh
              "If you were thinking, you wouldn't have thought that"

sigpic

Comment

It's scary to me. You know what else is scary to me? Some of the animatronics in Fantasyland.
                Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

Comment

Originally posted by bayouguy View Post
                  Silent, heart beating bride was creepy, and is the better of the brides.
                  +999
                  L + L = R

Comment

I got stuck at her last time I rode, so if she was scary, she just isn't anymore after this.
                    hahahha.

this is the video of when I got stuck:

https://www.facebook.com/video/video...51017422542025

Comment

This one is disgraceful. How many imagineers agreed that this looked good enough to go into the ride and be seen by millions of people?? It's embarrassing.

Facebook me!
                      Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

Comment

ok - elephant in the room - is it just me or is her hand in an inappropriate location???? lol

Now Presenting --- DISNEYLAND - A MAGICAL AUDIO TOUR
                        An amazing interactive audio experience found only at my website -www.DisneyChris.com

Comment

I think her head is on backwards, like the projection is on the back side of her head and the front side is turned away.
                          I am old. But still love Disneyland.

Comment

The Disney Imagineers have certainly lost their touch. I first visited the park in 1972, when Walt Disney's magic was still very much alive. HM was awesome back then. The attic was my favorite.

Comment

Yeah, I visited Haunted Mansion nearly a month ago and I have to say that the Constance projection was really off-putting, especially for Disney Imagineering standards. She looks disproportionate which looks absolutely unrealistic (as real as a ghost is suppose to be I know). But just a little bit more work done on the body/head and it would look much better.

The one-liners I don't mind, I think they are great and show her crazy side, which is the whole point. The ride shouldn't take itself too seriously.

I definitely think Constance needs a re-do so to speak. It just looks as if the effect was rushed and put on display before it was fully tested. If Hatbox Ghost wasn't worthy of being put in the attraction because the effect couldn't be achieved properly at the time, then this iteration of Constance shouldn't be allowed either.
                              "Up" is a relative concept. It has no intrinsic value.

Comment

I vaguely remember hearing a few months ago that the projectors were re-aligned so that she wouldn't look so crosseyed but it seems now that she's back to her old 05/90 vision again. Anybody know what causes the projectors to go out of whack?
                                Many Bothans died to bring you these fastpasses.

Comment

Originally posted by RegionsBeyond View Post
                                  I find Constance personally less than 'frightening': the character concept is there, but the projection technology is less than perfect so the face often looks out of synch, and otherwise, she is just too chatty and too many puns.

The old screaming pop-up heads and silent, beating heart bride (both with and without sculpted face) certainly gave the attic more creepy vibes/ambiance than the current chosen setup. I miss those days...
                                  I agree. The other bride was way more creepy and fit the scene

"So make the best of this test and don't ask why. It's not a question but a lesson learned in time."- Green Day
                                  "The harder you work, the luckier you get."- Billie Joe Armstrong
                                  "This is my rage. This is my love. This is my town. This is my city. This is my life."

Comment

is it just me or does she seem Cross eyed alot in the past 3 years since shes resided in the attic?
                                    My Art site
                                    http://mediafan658.deviantart.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Weaver View Post
                                      I apologize if this offends anyone, but... ...it looks like a blow-up doll.
                                      That just made my day!! :lmao::clap:

"So make the best of this test and don't ask why. It's not a question but a lesson learned in time."- Green Day
                                      "The harder you work, the luckier you get."- Billie Joe Armstrong
                                      "This is my rage. This is my love. This is my town. This is my city. This is my life."

Comment

While exiting the masion theres also the little constance and when they replace it with sally during christmas/halloween time i love it and wish they could make a giant sally for the layover as well(just with out that crummy projection)... As the real constance goes i hate her... I no the mansion doesnt really have one story but she just bothers me so much, its just too jumbled for me.

Also does anyone else hate that netting they use in the graveyard for the ghost effect? I hate exiting the attic and entering into the graveyard and seeing that ugly netting.

Comment

Little Leota predates Connie coming to the Mansion and is therefore unrelated: she is original to the 1969 Mansion opening. She is performed by Leota Toombs, the same woman who is the visual model for Madame Leota in the seance circle (the voice performer for crystal ball Leota is Eleanor Audley).
                                          when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X