This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Call me a cynic but...

As a kid, I thought the bride with the beating heart to be one of the scariest things imaginable. I would always close my eyes real tight to avoid seeing her.

The new bride looks ok overall. But as others have pointed out, the shape of the head is way off. I like the balloon analogy. It definitely fits. I think she is intended to not be as scary as the old version. The one-liners fit the theme of fun that the ghosts are celebrating.
    "I do not like to repeat successes. I like to go on to other things." - Walt Disney

Comment

Compared to my ex-wifes mother, the bride is a hot dish !!!....lol

Comment

Originally posted by frankiefalzon View Post
        Also does anyone else hate that netting they use in the graveyard for the ghost effect? I hate exiting the attic and entering into the graveyard and seeing that ugly netting.
        I haven't been on the Haunted Mansion for a couple years, but I don't remember the netting seeming especially "ugly". I recall reading that this netting is technically known as "scrim", and is supposed to give the graveyard a "foggy" or "misty" effect; it helps to give "depth" to the scene. Maybe the lighting has been adjusted (too brightly), and this is calling attention to the scrim(s)?

Comment

I find her whole character comical.
          Not the intention I know. But she needs a make over. The projection in dicey, and her dialog is just chatty and boarderline obnoxious to me
          sigpic

Comment

anybody have a picture of what the old bride used to look like before this one?

Comment

Originally posted by greeeneyes17 View Post
              I'm not quite sure how to put a picture on here but you can find the pictures on Google

"So make the best of this test and don't ask why. It's not a question but a lesson learned in time."- Green Day
              "The harder you work, the luckier you get."- Billie Joe Armstrong
              "This is my rage. This is my love. This is my town. This is my city. This is my life."

Comment

Originally posted by Slappypunk View Post
                I'm not quite sure how to put a picture on here but you can find the pictures on Google
                don't know how to search it if I don't know her name :/

Comment

don't know how to search it if I don't know her name :/
                  I just type in Disneyland original bride and she shows up. I don't think she even has a name.

"So make the best of this test and don't ask why. It's not a question but a lesson learned in time."- Green Day
                  "This is my rage. This is my love. This is my town. This is my city. This is my life."

Comment

I think that her name is Emily

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
                    Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
                    :love:Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011:love:

Comment

The older bride was scarier. It's one of those examples of how newer technology isn't always an improvement. Mystery is incredibly compelling.

I think they could make Constance better by making her speak less. It's hard to be afraid of such a chatterbox. I'd space her jokes out so you were only likely to hear one per trip through the attic.

Comment

Here is a rough progression of her appearance at Disneyland over the years:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y32...theDLBride.jpg
                        when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

Comment

Here's a great, picture-laden series of blog posts about the attic bride and her changes over the years:

Long-Forgotten: Here Comes the Bride, Part One

Long-Forgotten: Here Comes the Bride, Part Two: "Beating Heart"

Long-Forgotten: Here Comes the Bride, Part Three: Round Eyes and the "Middle" Brides

Long-Forgotten: Here Comes the Bride, Part Four: Constance, Hat Boxes, and the Meaning of the Attic

Comment

This was truly awesome! Thanks for sharing

Comment

Originally posted by JMazz View Post
                              LMBO!

And she is cross-eyed too (at least in the OP pic) tho I suppose mentioning this fact could get my post deleted.

When "Married with Children" was cancelled, Bud Bundy became an imagineer!
                              Its derp bride. ROFL. Seriously, every time I have ridden the Mansion I always laugh. Is neither scary nor spooky. It's hilarious, but not in a good way.
                              sigpic

What is thy bidding, my Mouseter?

Check out my tumblr: http://dvader2015.tumblr.com/

Comment

Originally posted by LordVader View Post
                                Its derp bride. ROFL. Seriously, every time I have ridden the Mansion I always laugh. Is neither scary nor spooky. It's hilarious, but not in a good way.
                                Derp bride :lmao:

Comment

'Til derp do us part...

Comment

IMO the bride before this one was much creepier. This picture just made me bust of laughing. Crossed eye'd and mouth open, LMAO!.

---------- Post added 07-29-2012 at 06:38 PM ----------

Originally posted by ttintagel View Post
                                    The older bride was scarier. It's one of those examples of how newer technology isn't always an improvement. Mystery is incredibly compelling.

I fully agree
                                    http://www.facebook.com/#!/michael.ebba

Comment

Earlier incarnations always struck me as vaguely man-ish in physique or doll-ish in face. But I always loved the glowing heart. The projected version strikes me as too literal somehow, leaving so little to the imagination & draining her of spookiness. I don't completely hate the current version, but it seems like she could be AWESOME and scarier, with some pretty simple fixes.

Comment

Originally posted by mickeyfan5534 View Post
                                        I think that her name is Emily
                                        Nope.

Comment

From a distance it looked scarier... And with the sound effects it made you a little paranoid of your surroundings. When you look at an image like that, it is a bit startling if you don't know what's coming your way. But I suppose I should have been expecting it because of the topic. :P

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X