Clear All

• White Bones
    replied
    Re: Call me a cynic but...

Originally posted by RegionsBeyond View Post
    Here is a rough progression of her appearance at Disneyland over the years:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y32...theDLBride.jpg
    Good god!

The bride we have now looks so stupid compared to the previous brides. Seeing cool/creepy brides on the left, then we see the modern herp derp version. Hahaha!

WHAT A JOKE!

Please Disneyland, bring back the previous bride!

Leave a comment:

• bigcatrik
    replied

Originally posted by Ron W View Post
    You know, after a few years of looking at Connie, I think what they were going for is not the bride standing there but the ghost of the bride inhabiting the wedding dress on a dressmaker's dummy. I think what they need to do to make it work is have her completely fade out between lines and have the lighting change to briefly show that it is just the dummy, then have her fade back in to show the ghost manifesting itself in front of you. They may need to move her back a few feet so you can get a longer view though.
    Thanks for pointing this out. I've wondered what effect they're going for since the lack of any relief features such as eyes and nose like on the other character projections (both Leotas and the singing busts) is completely missing.

Leave a comment:

• 999happyhants
    replied

She looks like one of those punching dolls lol.

Leave a comment:

• animark
    replied

changing the bride from what it once was takes a bit of the creepiness of the character. The old Bride had a dark face with glowing red eyes. It almost made her look demonic. while her heart beats ominously through the attic. It gives you one last chill before entering the light-hearted section of the ride. The New bride has a more human face and speaks. We know that she was at least human once and retains some human qualities making her less unknown. what scares us the most is the unknown and the old bride gives that off. If someone never knew about the story of the bride there imagination can create their own version of it. Constance is given a back story and doesn't leave much to the imagination as the old bride did.

the second to the left has got to be the most creepiest. just think of sleeping one night and waking up to find a dark figure in the corner with those glowing round eyes staring blankly at you. I just shudder at the thought.
    Last edited by animark; 07-31-2012, 11:51 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Slappypunk
    replied

Originally posted by G24T View Post
    Exactly! Any of the previous brides were terrifying, in my opinion, due to the fact that they just stared at you not saying a word and being literally stone-faced.
    Goes to show you that simple is sometimes better.

Leave a comment:

• G24T
    replied

Originally posted by Chuuster View Post
    I personally think Constance lowers the bar in the fear factor(not that I would want to be on the ride in front of her alone.) I like the ominous disposition of all the previous brides telling eerie stories without words. Also what bothers me is that when you pass by Constance, you see her projected flat on the mannequin.
    Exactly! Any of the previous brides were terrifying, in my opinion, due to the fact that they just stared at you not saying a word and being literally stone-faced.

Leave a comment:

• Sir.Mouse
    replied

It's pure CAMP.

This was an ernest attempt to bring the bride into the 21st century and raiser the creepy factor. But the darn effect is just so dumb! It's the same as those bad student horror films that take themselves too seriously, you laugh and it's campy.

Speaking of student film, check out my film project on indiegogo.com! It's a film that is deliberately campy and shamelessly chessy! You'll love it! :End Plug:

Leave a comment:

• Chuuster
    replied

The third bride from the left has got to be the scariest!

I personally think Constance lowers the bar in the fear factor(not that I would want to be on the ride in front of her alone.) I like the ominous disposition of all the previous brides telling eerie stories without words. Also what bothers me is that when you pass by Constance, you see her projected flat on the mannequin.

Leave a comment:

• TheThreeImagineers
    replied

From a distance it looked scarier... And with the sound effects it made you a little paranoid of your surroundings. When you look at an image like that, it is a bit startling if you don't know what's coming your way. But I suppose I should have been expecting it because of the topic. :P

Leave a comment:

• SmellyOrangutan
    replied

Originally posted by mickeyfan5534 View Post
    I think that her name is Emily
    Nope.

Leave a comment:

• emwhysee
    replied

Earlier incarnations always struck me as vaguely man-ish in physique or doll-ish in face. But I always loved the glowing heart. The projected version strikes me as too literal somehow, leaving so little to the imagination & draining her of spookiness. I don't completely hate the current version, but it seems like she could be AWESOME and scarier, with some pretty simple fixes.

Leave a comment:

• White Bones
    replied

IMO the bride before this one was much creepier. This picture just made me bust of laughing. Crossed eye'd and mouth open, LMAO!.

---------- Post added 07-29-2012 at 06:38 PM ----------

Originally posted by ttintagel View Post
    The older bride was scarier. It's one of those examples of how newer technology isn't always an improvement. Mystery is incredibly compelling.

I fully agree

Leave a comment:

• ttintagel
    replied

'Til derp do us part...

Leave a comment:

• Slappypunk
    replied

Originally posted by LordVader View Post
    Its derp bride. ROFL. Seriously, every time I have ridden the Mansion I always laugh. Is neither scary nor spooky. It's hilarious, but not in a good way.
    Derp bride :lmao:

Leave a comment:

• LordVader
    replied

Originally posted by JMazz View Post
    LMBO!

And she is cross-eyed too (at least in the OP pic) tho I suppose mentioning this fact could get my post deleted.

When "Married with Children" was cancelled, Bud Bundy became an imagineer!
    Its derp bride. ROFL. Seriously, every time I have ridden the Mansion I always laugh. Is neither scary nor spooky. It's hilarious, but not in a good way.

Leave a comment:

• Slappypunk
    replied

This was truly awesome! Thanks for sharing

Leave a comment:

• ttintagel
    replied

Originally posted by greeeneyes17 View Post
    anybody have a picture of what the old bride used to look like before this one?
    Here's a great, picture-laden series of blog posts about the attic bride and her changes over the years:

Long-Forgotten: Here Comes the Bride, Part One

Long-Forgotten: Here Comes the Bride, Part Two: "Beating Heart"

Long-Forgotten: Here Comes the Bride, Part Three: Round Eyes and the "Middle" Brides

Long-Forgotten: Here Comes the Bride, Part Four: Constance, Hat Boxes, and the Meaning of the Attic

Leave a comment:

• RegionsBeyond
    replied

Leave a comment:

• ttintagel
    replied

The older bride was scarier. It's one of those examples of how newer technology isn't always an improvement. Mystery is incredibly compelling.

I think they could make Constance better by making her speak less. It's hard to be afraid of such a chatterbox. I'd space her jokes out so you were only likely to hear one per trip through the attic.

Leave a comment:

• mickeyfan5534
    replied

I think that her name is Emily

Leave a comment:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X