• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DARTH MAUL
    replied
    Re: What's Next

Originally posted by monster heck View Post
    I would like to see more food options!

I like: Panda Express, Hot Dog on a Stick, Whattaburger!, Long John's, Pizza Hut, and CPK!
    Please tell me this is a joke....
    It's a Disney resort, not a food court in a mall.

Leave a comment:

• flickor
    replied

What is next is Fantasy Faire, everything else is speculation at this point. I would love to see a Wall-E ride that uses the "Space" ride technology from WDW. It could center around when the people boarded the ship to leave Earth. I would also love to see the Seven Dwarves mine technology on the west coast too, it sounds intriguing.

Leave a comment:

• CritterCountryGirl
    replied

Originally posted by mickdaddy View Post
    Price of a churro=$5.00

hahahahah love it! so true!

Leave a comment:

• Mr Wiggins
    replied

Originally posted by ChurroMan View Post
    Alright guys the complaints are valid, but lets try to keep the synergy talk from entering every single thread.
    Wrong on two counts: first, discussion of what Disney management has done in the past and what Disney management is likely to do in the future is not "entering every single thread," as any cursory reading of the many posts in MiceChat will show; and second, opinions about the future of Disneyland, backed by a recounting of Disneyland management's past, are absolutely on-topic for this thread.

Leave a comment:

• ChurroMan
    replied

Alright guys the complaints are valid, but lets try to keep the synergy talk from entering every single thread.

Leave a comment:

• Mr Wiggins
    replied

Originally posted by NineteenTwenty8 View Post
    YUP! continuing Walt's tradition of brand synergy!
    No, continuing the Eisger tradition of using Disneyland as marketing platform for brands, brands and more brands.

Walt's tradition kept brand synergy in the minority of attractions at Disneyland -- around a third, by count of the attractions in the pre-Eisger years. Walt's tradition was that Disneyland was the brand. Which is why rides like Peter Pan and Snow White were vastly outnumbered by original attractions like Pirates of the Caribbean, the Haunted Mansion, the Mark Twain, Monorail, Submarines, Adventure thru Inner Space, the People Mover, Carousel of Progress, Rocket to the Moon, It's a Small World, Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln, the Sailing Ship Columbia, Jungle Cruise and Enchanted Tiki Room.

In contrast, well over 90% of new attractions and updates in the 27 years of the Eisger regime are brand promotions -- in many cases, near-clones of the movies that the attractions promote (FNSV is a typical example). All in keeping with Eisner's mandate that "Disneyland is all about turning Movies into Rides."

Leave a comment:

• NineteenTwenty8
    replied

Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
    5 days - nothing.

5 months - nothing.

5 years - nothing that doesn't promote Disney-owned, acquired and licensed brands.
    YUP! continuing Walt's tradition of brand synergy!

Leave a comment:

• Mr Wiggins
    replied

Originally posted by YoungImagineer View Post
    What do you think will happen at the DLR 5 days, 5 months, or 5 years into the future?
    5 days - nothing.

5 months - nothing.

5 years - nothing that doesn't promote Disney-owned, acquired and licensed brands.

(Oh, and 'way higher prices.)
    Last edited by Mr Wiggins; 07-03-2012, 07:12 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ChurroMan
    replied

Next 3 steps are

1) Tomorrowland
    2) Frontierland
    3) Hollywoodland

Leave a comment:

• mickdaddy
    replied

Price of a churro=$5.00

Leave a comment:

• DisneyChrisDotCom
    replied

I think they should tear down the castle and put a McDonalds there --- kidding kidding ---

Leave a comment:

• monster heck
    replied

I would like to see more food options!

I like: Panda Express, Hot Dog on a Stick, Whattaburger!, Long John's, Pizza Hut, and CPK!

Leave a comment:

• Irish Princess
    replied

Crossing my fingers for the Peoplemover to come back.

Leave a comment:

• atbsfire
    replied

Disney California Adventure still needs a lot of improvement!

Leave a comment:

• DARTH MAUL
    replied

nothing personal, but there are about 5 other posts of this same topic

Leave a comment:

• frollofan
    replied

Hopefully Innoventions will finally leave and there will be a new E ticket built for Tomorrowland

Leave a comment:

• YoungImagineer
    started a topic [Rumor] What's Next

What's Next

Hey. DCA just got a major face-lift, and I can still see them fixing up some things in the near future. Next I see them tackling Frontierland, then tomorowland, and then some other things here and there. Then eventually we will see a third park, that will probably be amazing. What do you think will happen at the DLR 5 days, 5 months, or 5 years into the future?

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X