Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your childhood Disney memories photo thread :)

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Pictures] Your childhood Disney memories photo thread :)

I know, some of us weren't lucky enough or didn't live close enough to have the experiencing Disneyland as a child.
    But to see it through the eyes of a child is truly something magical, you'll know what I'm talking about if you've experienced it.
    You don't see any of the wires or backstage, you just see magic, and you are enchanted by everything in the park.

This is me as I was at 4 years old, enjoying the park in my minnie mouse bride ears hat.
    I always cherish this picture, as I hope to recreate it someday with another of the same hat, when I have recently gotten married

Click image for larger version

Name:	yaa.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	51.4 KB
ID:	7369254

So please, use this thread to post picture/pictures of some of your favorite Disneyland memories of you as a kid, and recall how you felt seeing Disneyland through the eyes of a child!

Re: Your childhood Disney memories photo thread

I just so happen to have a photo of my very first visit to Disneyland when I was less than a year old - This was 1974 - You can see the horse car behind me and the market house. In my eyes you can see I was instantly fascinated, and it has never changed.

Name:	My First Trip to Disneyland 2.jpg
Size:	117.3 KB
ID:	7343583

Now Presenting --- DISNEYLAND - A MAGICAL AUDIO TOUR
    An amazing interactive audio experience found only at my website -www.DisneyChris.com

Comment

Name:	DL_Skyway62.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	30.9 KB
ID:	7343585

Above is Tomorrowland in 1962 when we first started going to the Park. Below is a pic of my brother and me on a much-loved ride. I posted it before and asked who knew which ride it was. Had some interesting responses! I have so many wonderful memories of the Park dating all the way back to 1962.

Name:	DL_NancyMark1963.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	38.6 KB
ID:	7343584
      sigpic
      Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!

Comment

Originally posted by HiddenMickeyBook View Post
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]21670[/ATTACH]

Above is Tomorrowland in 1962 when we first started going to the Park. Below is a pic of my brother and me on a much-loved ride. I posted it before and asked who knew which ride it was. Had some interesting responses! I have so many wonderful memories of the Park dating all the way back to 1962.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]21669[/ATTACH]
        those are two great photos, thanks for sharing! It's not too often I see a good picture of the old tommorowland.

Comment

Thanks, greeeneyes17, I still have the pink plastic pouch I am holding in the second picture. It has Tinker Bell on it.
          sigpic
          Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Comment

Here's me and my sister on Dumbo. I'm thinking it was about 1979.

---------- Post added 07-05-2012 at 04:40 PM ----------

I posted it before and asked who knew which ride it was. Had some interesting responses!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]21669[/ATTACH]
            Do we get to find out what ride it is?

Comment

Originally posted by TTFN92 View Post
              Here's me and my sister on Dumbo. I'm thinking it was about 1979.

very cool picture as well is that the dumbo before they updated it? Not sure what year the update was in.

and yeah, I wanna know what the ride was!

Comment

Originally posted by TTFN92 View Post

How about a hint? This train goes slower than the one that replaced it.
                sigpic

Comment

the Passenger train

Comment

Originally posted by greeeneyes17 View Post
                    very cool picture as well is that the dumbo before they updated it? Not sure what year the update was in.

and yeah, I wanna know what the ride was!
                    Yes, it was before the update. I think it was redone in '83. Someone correct me if that's wrong.

---------- Post added 07-05-2012 at 11:01 PM ----------

How about a hint? This train goes slower than the one that replaced it.
                    The Mine Train?

Comment

This is my first visit when I was 5 years old (according to my mom) I have others but I need too scan them. Noticed the hair styles/fashion :whistling
                      Attached Files
                      I am a Annual Pass Holder and I'm better than you! lol! :ap:

Comment

This is me in 1996 on my first trip to Disneyland with Princess Aurora. I was sooo happy to meet her and see she was wearing the blue dress! I didn't get to go again until I was a senior in high school for grad nite, and now I'm an annual passholder!
                        :yea:

Name:	DSCN2349-1.jpg
Size:	241.8 KB
ID:	7343787

Comment

Originally posted by Experiment 626 View Post
                          This is my first visit when I was 5 years old (according to my mom) I have others but I need too scan them. Noticed the hair styles/fashion :whistling
                          70's?

Comment

Name:	DL 7-7-80 Pooh.jpg
Size:	79.6 KB
ID:	7343792

Me (with the red hair front and center) & Pooh (oddly my grandma was in the background with the sunglasses) from July 7th, 1980 at Disneyland.

Comment

Disneyland week one. This is me and my sister on the Autopia. Buy a ride ticket and go, no lines.

In the background are Orange groves. No Tomorrowland Terrace, No Matterhorn, No Monorail, No Submarines, No Skyway, No Holiday Hill, No Toontown, No Princess Fantasy Faire, etc.
                              Last edited by Disneyland 1951; 07-09-2012, 10:09 AM.

Comment

These are awesome pics i hope i have some laying around
                                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Disneyland 1951 View Post
                                  Disneyland week one. This is me and my sister on the Autopia. Buy a ticket and ride, no lines.

In the background are Orange groves. No Matterhorn, No Monorail, No Submarines, No Skyway, No Holiday Hill, No Toontown, No Princess Fantasy Faire, etc.
                                  What's Holiday Hill?

Originally posted by Experiment 626 View Post
                                  Love Goofy's eyelashes!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                  Working...
                                  X