Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will there ever be a better system for Fantasmic crowds?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Chat] Will there ever be a better system for Fantasmic crowds?

Disney was awfully smart making a viewing area for WOC after seeing what happened with Fantasmic.
    I guess they weren't aware back in '92 that F! would be quite so popular and last this long

I realize there's not much they can do to create a seating/standing area at this point but maybe there's a way they could improve it in the future.

People trying to get across the New Orleans walkway during Fantasmic is a mess.
    CM's pointing in every direction with flashing cones, trying to direct the masses.
    A wimpy little rope that attempts to separate the viewers from the passerby...

Who has an idea of what they could do to create more room/a better system for Fantasmic viewing?
    Or is it too late?
    Thoughts?

Re: Will there ever be a better system for Fantasmic crowds?

They should make an alternate exit at Critter Country to the Mickey and Friends Parking Structure.

Comment

I'm pretty sure the Pirates of the Caribbean movie premiere used the same area and held way more people, of course they brought in extra equipment too

Comment

They shouldn't allow people to wait for the show until 30 minutes prior to start. I think that would solve a lot of issues.

Comment

Originally posted by flickor View Post
          I'm pretty sure the Pirates of the Caribbean movie premiere used the same area and held way more people, of course they brought in extra equipment too
          extra equipment? how about an entire theater... haha

Click image for larger version

Name:	pirates-premiere-disneyland-john-brown-disney.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	45.9 KB
ID:	7343688

Comment

Originally posted by brenden View Post
            They shouldn't allow people to wait for the show until 30 minutes prior to start. I think that would solve a lot of issues.
            even an hour before would be better then it is, but this needs to be the norm on parades and fireworks too
            Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
            July 13th-18th
            November 19th-25th

Comment

I have no problem with people waiting however long they want to before the show. If they want to waste a big chunk of their day sitting there, more power to them. As long as they relinquish whatever space they are occupying that they don't need as soon as the rest of their party arrives, I have no problem with it. It is those low-lifes who try to excessively take up more space that is necessary to the discomfort of others that I have an issue with.

What they need to do is come up with an alternate way to exit from Fantasmic. Critter Country was metioned above. Another way would be to create a corridor behind Main Street to the front gate. That way there isn't as much of a blending of the Fantasmic and fireworks crowds.
              "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

Comment

Originally posted by brenden View Post
                The only thing I see about that is there will be those people that wait at the ropes (waiting, queued or otherwise like WoC) and that would cause an even bigger traffic jam rather them being in a spot that we can at least walk around if we want to get to other places like HM or Splash. That area imho was just not built for it and it seems that is the best Disney can do when it comes to that particular show.
                sigpic

Comment

I'm probably going to get killed for this, but what if they...

...go back to having F! be a summer only event, so the crowding will be limited to certain days?

OR

...change the pricing structure to discourage people from using DL as an after school/work hangout?

:mob:
                  Disneyland Historic Preservation Society
                  Charter Member

Comment

Originally posted by Broadway Guru View Post

...go back to having F! be a summer only event, so the crowding will be limited to certain days?

OR

...change the pricing structure to discourage people from using DL as an after school/work hangout?

Agreed! I'm a little torn, since I feel that Fantasmic! is the best show Disney theme parks has ever, EVER produced.
                    However, the area just cannot handle the massive crowds that come with it, and the evening ambiance and charm of NOS is just completely destroyed as a result.

For that matter, I feel the same way about the fireworks, which result in the Hub being wall to wall crowds, nearly impossible to navigate, and most of Fantasyland being shut down for much of the night.

I know they are so crowded every night because they are fantastic shows, but it gets to be too much for me.
                    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
                    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ip-report.html
                    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...something.html

No matter where you go, there you are.

Comment

OR

Ohhh boy do I disgree It's easily one of my top favorite things at the park, and I would just be devastated if it were a summer only event ((

Comment

OR

Originally posted by greeeneyes17 View Post
                        Ohhh boy do I disgree It's easily one of my top favorite things at the park, and I would just be devastated if it were a summer only event ((
                        As a guest that only goes during the "non-busy" season I would hate for them to make Fantasmic summer only. Like the next trip for me is going to be in mid September... probably the first weekend Halloween stuff is open.
                        Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
                        July 13th-18th
                        November 19th-25th

Comment

A little off topic, but does Fantasmic run every night in October? I have never seen it before, and am really hoping to on this trip.

Comment

I like the idea of an exit in Critter Country. I have been in the middle of the crowd exiting after the show. We were directed backstage on Main Street one time - which was a treat, but not good for every time as it is a castmember locker station. The way it is now with a narrow Adventureland and into Frontierland is how it is. Limited seating? Tickets only? FastPass or no entry? I'm not sure what the answer would be.
                            sigpic
                            Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!

Comment

How about if F! was moved to the other side of the ROA? Set up a big seating area by Big Thunder Ranch and distribute fastpasses like WOC....

Comment

I don't think there'll ever be an exit in Critter Country or anywhere else for that matter. One of the main reasons for Disney to produce night time entertainment is to get people into the parks at times when it usually isn't as busy. Alot of people leave Disneyland at around 5,6pm. Having shows at night brings people back to the parks or keeps them there longer which equals more merchandise/food sales. Having an exit in Critter Country bypasses just about any shop/food place. Having a few thousand extra people each night walking up and down Main Street makes Disney more money.

Merchandise sales aren't the only reason for night time entertainment, but its still a big part (as it is for just about everything in the parks these days)

Comment

Originally posted by peagreen View Post
                                  How about if F! was moved to the other side of the ROA? Set up a big seating area by Big Thunder Ranch and distribute fastpasses like WOC....
                                  well, if you are going to use the other end of the island, 1stly that is a LOT of infrastructure that would have to be swapped, secondly, how do you stage everything? The boats are boarded and prepped back there. Also, if you are going to do seating, then do that part similar to how WDW has it.
                                  Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
                                  July 13th-18th
                                  November 19th-25th

Comment

The only problem that I see with an Critter Country exit is that it would dump people out onto a city street, not the esplanade or the parking structure. There would then be a traffic control nightmare as the mass crowd tried to cross the street to get back to the structure.
                                    "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

Comment

there is also the issue of cutting through backstage and the visibility of Splash's showbuilding
                                      Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
                                      July 13th-18th
                                      November 19th-25th

Comment

Originally posted by frollofan View Post
                                        They should make an alternate exit at Critter Country to the Mickey and Friends Parking Structure.
                                        This.
                                        "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X