X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video Space Mountain - Lights On

New member to the forum. Hello!

So my family and I have been die hard Disney park goers forever and yesterday it finally happened. Space Mountain broke down while we were riding it! We sat for about 15 min before we got 'unstuck' but we got to see AND ride it with the lights on.

I posted the video on youtube if anyone is interested in watching it. : )

Space Mountain Lights On In Motion - YouTube

Re: Space Mountain - Lights On

I have always wanted to get stuck on Space Mountain, I got close with about 20 people left in front of me in line when it broke down once.

Here is a video of the whole ride with the lights on (front seat). Including lift hills.
    Favorite Ride: Tower of Terror

Comment

must have been fun
      sigpic

This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

"You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

Comment

That is so awesome! Unbelievable! 15 minutes on Space Mountain!
        http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
        http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ip-report.html
        http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...something.html

No matter where you go, there you are.

Comment

I've seen several lights on videos of Space Mountain and this is by far the best. The interior reminds me a little of the engine room of the Queen Mary.

Comment

Very cool! Thanks for sharing
            Jennifer

Comment

Originally posted by Quentin View Post
              At 1:56 in this video, there are some arches above the track. I've seen them in other videos too but don't see them in Tripdaddy's video. Does anyone know what they're for?

Comment

Originally posted by Peachy Poofs View Post
                At 1:56 in this video, there are some arches above the track. I've seen them in other videos too but don't see them in Tripdaddy's video. Does anyone know what they're for?
                That's the infamous loop. Didn't you feel it when you went upside down in there?
                Be Cool Stay in School!
                Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Comment

Originally posted by swampymarsh View Post
                  That's the infamous loop. Didn't you feel it when you went upside down in there?
                  LMBO! Srsly tho, didn't they hold the fans that blow in your face as you whiz by in the dark? Ya know, to make the ride seem faster... or was I mislead on that???

Anyway, Welcome Tripdaddy, best first post ever!!! ...and not to mention best lights-on Space vid on youtube!

It is my dream to get stuck as close to the top as possible (after the third lift) to ride with the lights on, and to re-ride the "right" way just after that.
                  Thx for this very cool post!!!

---------- Post added 07-06-2012 at 07:22 AM ----------

Oh... I meant to ask... why does this still happen relatively often? The access transfer track and access loading platform should prevent it from being "transfer riders" as the cause. So what gives? A slower person in the SB line?
                  Last edited by JMazz; 07-06-2012, 06:23 AM.

Comment

That was an awesome video. I've seen video with the lights on before, but I hadn't seen video of the ride vehicles stopped, and how the cast members get them moving again. Thank you very much for posting, I really appreciate it!
                    As nice as the other parks are, we must always remember that it all began at Disneyland. Disneyland should be the crown jewel in the Disney crown.

Comment

What a great video Tripdaddy! I've watched a lot of Space w/ lights on youtube but your video is the best version I have seen so far.:thumbup: I've always been afraid of putting my hands too far above my head; it's great to know there's plenty of room without hitting my arms on the bars above. Thanks again for the cool video!

I do believe in fairies. I do. I do.

Comment

That was a great video (go go HD!)

Comment

Originally posted by Peachy Poofs View Post
                          I believe they were for Rock'n Space Mountain.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X