Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hi O Johnny! Lone Ranger Movie Set Photos. Possible Frontierland Ride(s) Poll.

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hi O Johnny! Lone Ranger Movie Set Photos. Possible Frontierland Ride(s) Poll.

Originally posted by mondo View Post
    ^^the title of the thread mentions Lone Ranger and Frontierland, but you still decided to view it and post.
    Well that aside, I answered your question as to Tont's tribe, and posted the additional set pics that you requested. That is a big multi million dolla set that they built in New Mexico out in the middle of nowhere.

Originally posted by Prof. Emelius View Post
    Love the western town sets - very fun - would like to see some of that flavor come back to Frontierland.
    Yes indeed. They created a pretty authentic looking Western town. It will be fun to look fo watch for everything in these set pics when we watch the film!

The town area could use some big thematic improvements. Perhaps I'll leave a suggestion with management upon my next visit.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Comment

Re: Hi O Johnny! Lone Ranger Movie Set Photos. Possible Frontierland Ride(s) Poll.

Originally posted by Ride Warrior View Post

Some information on these photos in particular...

We just took a tour of Monument Valley, Utah yesterday afternoon, and our Native American tour guide mentioned that the Lone Ranger had recently filmed there. When we expressed interest, he took us to some of the places that were filmed for the movie, which I recognize from the photos above. He also took us to the top of a cliff in the Valley where "a very dramatic scene" happened, but that he wouldn't spoil for us... so keep an eye out for a cliff when watching the movie.

Also, the horse that Johnny is riding in the last picture is mechanical. Our tour guide told us that he and some other Navajo were watching the filming, and found the idea that Johnny didn't know how to ride a real horse so amusing that they had to stop themselves from laughing during the filming. At one point, the "horse" bucked so hard that Johnny fell and broke several ribs, which required a helicopter to fly in (Monument Valley has no paved roads) and ended up delaying filming for two weeks. Our guide said it was hard to watch and that it made him feel bad for laughing, lol.
      Last edited by MarkTwain; 07-07-2012, 12:43 AM.

Comment

so filming is taking place in Utah and ​New Mexico?
        [Half awake] How many cups of sugar does it take to get to the moon?

Comment

Originally posted by MarkTwain View Post
          Also, the horse that Johnny is riding in the last picture is mechanical. Our tour guide told us that he and some other Navajo were watching the filming, and found the idea that Johnny didn't know how to ride a real horse so amusing that they had to stop themselves from laughing during the filming.
          heh...heh..

Comment

Originally posted by Ride Warrior View Post
            Well that aside, I answered your question as to Tont's tribe, and posted the additional set pics that you requested. That is a big multi million dolla set that they built in New Mexico out in the middle of nowhere.

Yes indeed. They created a pretty authentic looking Western town. It will be fun to look fo watch for everything in these set pics when we watch the film!

The town area could use some big thematic improvements. Perhaps I'll leave a suggestion with management upon my next visit.
            the comment was not toward you.

Is there a train station? Pics please if there is one

Comment

I am glad to see Mr. Depp in something, hopefully, not quite so quirky. I like the more realistic costumes too. As for the ride, something with Pecos Bill would be great as long as it is fun and detailed and the whole family can ride.

LTNS Ride Warrior! :hug:
              Sig by Poisonedapples!

Comment

Some information on these photos in particular...

We just took a tour of Monument Valley, Utah yesterday afternoon, and our Native American tour guide mentioned that the Lone Ranger had recently filmed there. When we expressed interest, he took us to some of the places that were filmed for the movie, which I recognize from the photos above. He also took us to the top of a cliff in the Valley where "a very dramatic scene" happened, but that he wouldn't spoil for us... so keep an eye out for a cliff when watching the movie..
                Glad the pix I posted helped to familiarize you with the area in Ornament Valley Utah ehere they were shot, Mark Twain. When you see the forthcoming film, your experience should tremendously enrichined thru your viewing of scenes (with a guide) in conjunction with the pix in this thread. That must be one high/steep cliff.

Also, the horse that Johnny is riding in the last picture is mechanical. Our tour guide told us that he and some other Navajo were watching the filming, and found the idea that Johnny didn't know how to ride a real horse so amusing that they had to stop themselves from laughing during the filming. At one point, the "horse" bucked so hard that Johnny fell and broke several ribs, which required a helicopter to fly in (Monument Valley has no paved roads) and ended up delaying filming for two weeks. Our guide said it was hard to watch and that it made him feel bad for laughing, lol.
                Google Image Result for http://www.theprovince.com/5575515.bin

That's pretty funny that he has "saddled-up" a mechanical horse. I glad that he's alright.

In the article above, Depp spoke of his strong bond with "Scout", the horse's name. He feels the Horse softened his fall by instinctively reacting to lessen the impact when he hit the ground. Johnny has rode horsed on various occasions in films, and has had a few other spills, but this is by far the worst - the closest to being seriously crushed. Thank God Scout stepped over him.

Johnny believes the strong bond he forged with the creature made it react instinctively to ensure his fall wasn't as bad as it could have been.
                Johnny, who plays the Lone Ranger's Native American sidekick Tonto, said, "I'm lucky to be here. I've done a number of films on horseback and I've taken a couple of spills but this was a violent one.

---------- Post added 07-09-2012 at 02:38 AM ----------

Originally posted by GraceLovesGoofy View Post
                so filming is taking place in Utah and ​New Mexico?
                Yess indeed....camera shooting, and gun slinger shooting.

Both states offer some gorgeous rugged/natural terrain that is perfect for Westerns. It's amazing when one thinks about the centuries this land has been around.

Comment

Originally posted by Fantasmico! View Post
                  I am glad to see Mr. Depp in something, hopefully, not quite so quirky. I like the more realistic costumes too. As for the ride, something with Pecos Bill would be great as long as it is fun and detailed and the whole family can ride.

LTNS Ride Warrior! :hug:
                  Although I loved the costumes and humor of Johnnny in mocies like Willy Wonka, the Mad Hatter an (of course) Capn Jack, I would have found him more endearing/entertaining had thes characters also had more rounded out with a serious sence of warmth. His Barnabus Collins portrayal was more along those in parts here and there. I join you in hoping that Tonto will be a more realistic chacter for a change.

A Pecos Bill based E-Ticket would be unique in that Disney has never created a ride based on western folklore. I found Pecos Bill and other books with witty hyperbole fascinting reading as a kid. The short folklore based cartoons Walt Disney made were wonderful. Then again, I've always enjoyed the Lone Ranger, big time!

---------- Post added 07-09-2012 at 11:07 AM ----------

the comment was not toward you.

Is there a train station? Pics please if there is one
                  IIn addition to New Mexico and Utah, I just found out that production has taken place in Colorado as well.

One would think that there would be a train station, but there are apparently no promo pics of it as of yet. If I come across any in the future, I will post them. In the meantime, here is another set of snapshots; including oe more of the train.

Last edited by Ride Warrior; 07-09-2012, 10:17 AM.

Comment

A trailer was shown at SDCC, unfortunately it has not appear online yet. It looks like the film will focus on trains. If Disney decides to make a Lone Ranger area in Frontierland, I think it is a must to put in a new DLRR train station. I would be okay if they closed TT station. Since Frontierland lost its station to New Orleans Square, there should be a new one to complete the land's theme.

If there is a train station there and a LR attraction, how would you feel if the ride vehicle for LR was a train? It would mean three separate attractions with trains in the same area. Big Thunder, DL Railroads, and the Lone Ranger (a fourth if you include the near by Casey JR)

Comment

Originally posted by calsig31 View Post
                      I really hate when they mess with the source material. I think the Lone Ranger's costume is too dark also.

I am hoping that this will still be a fun type of a film and will envoke a similar feeling to watching Clayton Moore and Jay Silverheels.
                      Well said.
                      Stockholder and Walt Disney Autograph holder!!

Comment

A trailer was shown at SDCC, unfortunately it has not appear online yet. It looks like the film will focus on trains. If Disney decides to make a Lone Ranger area in Frontierland, I think it is a must to put in a new DLRR train station. I would be okay if they closed TT station. Since Frontierland lost its station to New Orleans Square, there should be a new one to complete the land's theme.

If there is a train station there and a LR attraction, how would you feel if the ride vehicle for LR was a train? It would mean three separate attractions with trains in the same area. Big Thunder, DL Railroads, and the Lone Ranger (a fourth if you include the near by Casey JR)
                        I think that you're absolutely right about the neeed for a new DLRR Frontieland train stop. It would make good placement sence to locate it in line with the horse ranch area (presently behind the berm) that will become part of the land's expansion.

If yet another train is sed for the Lone Ranger ride vihicle, I suppose that we would just have to accept it - even though it would be way too many trains in the same area.

i would rather see a different type of ride vehicle transport, such as the wagons I have suggested. A wagons could interact with a simulated train during the indoor part of the ride. It would be very cool to take advantage of ever-advancing technologes that expand ride possibilities.

---------- Post added 07-18-2012 at 05:41 PM ----------

Originally Posted by calsig31
                        I really hate when they mess with the source material. I think the Lone Ranger's costume is too dark also.

I am hoping that this will still be a fun type of a film and will envoke a similar feeling to watching Clayton Moore and Jay Silverheels.

Originally posted by 4Apples4Disney View Post
                        Well said.
                        ^^^
                        I agree -extremely well said. The Lone Ranger's costume should definitely be far more colorful.

Comment

I would love to see a Western River Expedition. If it must be themed with Lone Ranger then theme it that.
                          DisneyTwins
                          Since May 2003

Comment

Originally posted by Disneytwins View Post
                            I would love to see a Western River Expedition. If it must be themed with Lone Ranger then theme it that.
                            Much of the ride should be in line with what WRE would have been. Odds are, we'll even have Tony Baxter heading it up. Think of it as the Kimosabe Western River Exposition.

After all the Lone Ranger is a western. For anyonethat wants to see it, here's 1th 1956 movie trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjQPxtMv3vY
                            Last edited by Ride Warrior; 07-18-2012, 08:18 PM.

Comment

Sneak Peek: The Lone Ranger and Tonto ride again

Comment

God no! I'm sick and tired of Johnny Depp! What an overrated actor that guy is! It would be better if the ride it based on the old Lone Ranger. I'll rather have a Western River Expedition or a Mine Train Through Nature's Wonderland-type of ride.

Comment

Originally posted by ducktalesfan5555 View Post
                                  God no! I'm sick and tired of Johnny Depp! What an overrated actor that guy is!
                                  I don't see how he is overrated. He's insanely talented, he just gets stuck with idiotic characters to play.

Comment

How about something original for a change? You know.... something worthy of being put next to Haunted Mansion, Pirates, and BTMR?

Comment

Sounds like a plan! Fire up them bulldozers and lets get building!

Comment

9 times out of 10 if they put an actor on a "mechanical" or prop fake horse it's because they are shooting dialogue or close ups and don't require the horse to be entirely in the shot. It's not because the actor in question can't ride a horse. There are images of many of your favorite western stars on fake horses for close ups.

Love the idea of Frontierland getting ANY kind of love.

Comment

Originally posted by ducktalesfan5555 View Post
                                          god no! I'm sick and tired of johnny depp! What an overrated actor that guy is! it would be better if the ride it based on the old lone ranger. I'll rather have a western river expedition or a mine train through nature's wonderland-type of ride.
                                          how dare youuuuuuu!!!

Facebook me!
                                          Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X