Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hi O Johnny! Lone Ranger Movie Set Photos. Possible Frontierland Ride(s) Poll.

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• film975
    replied
    Re: Hi O Johnny! Lone Ranger Movie Set Photos. Possible Frontierland Ride(s) Poll.

Originally posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    I see a meet and greet and...small event like what they did for Pirates 4
    I wish they would do another On Stranger Tides event like that. It was pretty cool. But I do agree that Frontierland needs a new E-Ticket attraction. Lone Ranger could possibly work but that'll depend on whether the movie's successful or not. Maybe they could bring Nature's Wonderland back. And theme that to the Lone Ranger. Somewhere in the ride you get ambushed by bad guys and live actors or maybe animatronics like the Western scene in the Great Movie Ride save the day.

Leave a comment:

• JerrodDRagon
    replied
    Re: Hi O Johnny! Lone Ranger Movie Set Photos. Possible Frontierland Ride(s) Poll.

I see a meet and greet and...small event like what they did for Pirates 4

Leave a comment:

• Infernoman
    replied

Originally posted by Seawolf View Post
    How about something original for a change? You know.... something worthy of being put next to Haunted Mansion, Pirates, and BTMR?
    What's OR...ORIGINAL? Is that something like with no backround to build from? something...new from scratch? Psh! no kids want to go on a no-name attraction! We live in a world where BRAND is EVERYTHING!

I was going to add sarcasm to the end of that but I'm sure someone actually thinks this.

...As I see it

Leave a comment:

• mondo
    replied

movie trailer

It looks like trains are an important part of the movie. I could see part of the Frontierland expansion having a new train station and also in the ride.

Leave a comment:

• BlAcKoUt510
    replied

I'd rather have an original attraction.

Every once in a while Disneyland getting a ride based of a movie is fine, but lately that's all we've been getting. Disneyland is becoming Universal Studios.

Leave a comment:

• DJS
    replied

$250M estimated... Over budget and past projected shooting schedule by WEEKS.
    'Lone Ranger' Budget Back Up to $250 Million - Hollywood Reporter

Remember John Carter?
    'John Carter': Disney Scrambles to Save its $250 Million Gamble - The Hollywood Reporter

I doubt there will be any talks of a Lone Ranger themed ride anytime soon...

Leave a comment:

• Mr Wiggins
    replied

Originally posted by Seawolf View Post
    How about something original for a change? You know.... something worthy of being put next to Haunted Mansion, Pirates, and BTMR?
    Originally posted by Goofy Daddy View Post
    I chose "Other" and the other choice for me is None. I didn't like the "none" option offered because I don't "hate the old west" I just don't think every new Disney movie, even if it stars Johnny Depp, needs an attraction in a park.
    Bingo x 2. I'm looking forward to seeing what the movie does with the Lone Ranger legend. I'm not looking forward to the in-your-face hype that the Disney marketing mongers will projectile-spew on Disneyland.

Leave a comment:

• Goofy Daddy
    replied

I chose "Other" and the other choice for me is None. I didn't like the "none" option offered because I don't "hate the old west" I just don't think every new Disney movie, even if it stars Johnny Depp, needs an attraction in a park.

Leave a comment:

• mine,mine,mine
    replied

Originally posted by k_peek_2000 View Post
    I don't see how he is overrated. He's insanely talented, he just gets stuck with idiotic characters to play.
    He doesn't get "stuck" with the characters he plays. He chooses them. he can always turn down any role he wants to. He always has chosen the more unique characters to play, and I am sure he always will.

Leave a comment:

• IzzyInWonderland
    replied

Originally posted by ducktalesfan5555 View Post
    god no! I'm sick and tired of johnny depp! What an overrated actor that guy is! it would be better if the ride it based on the old lone ranger. I'll rather have a western river expedition or a mine train through nature's wonderland-type of ride.
    how dare youuuuuuu!!!

Leave a comment:

• Pirate Lover 68
    replied

9 times out of 10 if they put an actor on a "mechanical" or prop fake horse it's because they are shooting dialogue or close ups and don't require the horse to be entirely in the shot. It's not because the actor in question can't ride a horse. There are images of many of your favorite western stars on fake horses for close ups.

Love the idea of Frontierland getting ANY kind of love.

Leave a comment:

• Spence
    replied

Sounds like a plan! Fire up them bulldozers and lets get building!

Leave a comment:

• Seawolf
    replied

Leave a comment:

• k_peek_2000
    replied

Originally posted by ducktalesfan5555 View Post
    God no! I'm sick and tired of Johnny Depp! What an overrated actor that guy is!
    I don't see how he is overrated. He's insanely talented, he just gets stuck with idiotic characters to play.

Leave a comment:

• ducktalesfan5555
    replied

God no! I'm sick and tired of Johnny Depp! What an overrated actor that guy is! It would be better if the ride it based on the old Lone Ranger. I'll rather have a Western River Expedition or a Mine Train Through Nature's Wonderland-type of ride.

Leave a comment:

• mondo
    replied

Sneak Peek: The Lone Ranger and Tonto ride again

Leave a comment:

• Ride Warrior
    replied

Originally posted by Disneytwins View Post
    I would love to see a Western River Expedition. If it must be themed with Lone Ranger then theme it that.
    Much of the ride should be in line with what WRE would have been. Odds are, we'll even have Tony Baxter heading it up. Think of it as the Kimosabe Western River Exposition.

After all the Lone Ranger is a western. For anyonethat wants to see it, here's 1th 1956 movie trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjQPxtMv3vY
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 07-18-2012, 08:18 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Disneytwins
    replied

I would love to see a Western River Expedition. If it must be themed with Lone Ranger then theme it that.

Leave a comment:

• Ride Warrior
    replied

Originally posted by mondo View Post
    A trailer was shown at SDCC, unfortunately it has not appear online yet. It looks like the film will focus on trains. If Disney decides to make a Lone Ranger area in Frontierland, I think it is a must to put in a new DLRR train station. I would be okay if they closed TT station. Since Frontierland lost its station to New Orleans Square, there should be a new one to complete the land's theme.

If there is a train station there and a LR attraction, how would you feel if the ride vehicle for LR was a train? It would mean three separate attractions with trains in the same area. Big Thunder, DL Railroads, and the Lone Ranger (a fourth if you include the near by Casey JR)
    I think that you're absolutely right about the neeed for a new DLRR Frontieland train stop. It would make good placement sence to locate it in line with the horse ranch area (presently behind the berm) that will become part of the land's expansion.

If yet another train is sed for the Lone Ranger ride vihicle, I suppose that we would just have to accept it - even though it would be way too many trains in the same area.

i would rather see a different type of ride vehicle transport, such as the wagons I have suggested. A wagons could interact with a simulated train during the indoor part of the ride. It would be very cool to take advantage of ever-advancing technologes that expand ride possibilities.

---------- Post added 07-18-2012 at 05:41 PM ----------

Originally Posted by calsig31
    I really hate when they mess with the source material. I think the Lone Ranger's costume is too dark also.

I am hoping that this will still be a fun type of a film and will envoke a similar feeling to watching Clayton Moore and Jay Silverheels.

Originally posted by 4Apples4Disney View Post
    Well said.
    ^^^
    I agree -extremely well said. The Lone Ranger's costume should definitely be far more colorful.

Leave a comment:

• 4Apples4Disney
    replied

Originally posted by calsig31 View Post
    I really hate when they mess with the source material. I think the Lone Ranger's costume is too dark also.

I am hoping that this will still be a fun type of a film and will envoke a similar feeling to watching Clayton Moore and Jay Silverheels.
    Well said.

Leave a comment:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X