Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When Will Rides be Down?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Question] When Will Rides be Down?

    We are planning a trip for late September or mid-October and we want to know if any rides will be down for refurb. Does Disney provide this information?

  • #2
    Re: When Will Rides be Down?

    Disney will show this in a couple month when the official hours are posted.

    Many rumors float around until then.

    A common end of September rehab is the oiling of the decks on a Rivers of America boat. Others are not annual or more random.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: When Will Rides be Down?

      They use the other boat in place of the boat getting oiled. So you might get the weekend only boat on a Wednesday like we did.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: When Will Rides be Down?

        I spoke with an agent at the Walt Disney Travel Company today, and specifically brought up refurbs for mid-to-late September, and I was told that there were none "currently" planned. I even brought up specific rides like Indy and Haunted Mansion and she said there are "no plans to close any rides at the moment." I thought it was funny that she said "No" to Mansion, because that always closes in late August/early September for the holiday overlay.

        If you're really finnicky about ride closures, wait a few weeks until there's an official announcement. That's what I'm doing... that and keeping my dates flexible.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: When Will Rides be Down?

          I called Disney Guest information 714-781-4565 the other day with a question about Mickey's Halloween parties going on during our visit in October. While I was on hold refurb info was given that mentioned Haunted being down for its overlay and also Case Jr Train and Storybook Land Canal Boats during Sept and Oct. There were a couple others I think, nothing major, but you can call and get the whole message if you want.
          [Half awake] How many cups of sugar does it take to get to the moon?

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: When Will Rides be Down?

            Check their website after the first week in Aug . I was told that they don`t officially
            announce closures until 6 weeks out. We are also planning on going around the same time and hope Indy isn`t closed , as rumored ( two month closure )

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: When Will Rides be Down?

              Give them a call closer to your visit. Also check around because a lot of Disney fan websites will list closures when they are announced. I think Dateline Disney on MiceChat has some of that info, too.

              Typically the rides that have Halloween overlays (Space Mountain and Haunted Mansion) will go out at the end of August and come back mid-September; they will also close to remove the overlays for a week or so in January.

              The ride with a holiday overlay, it's a small world, typically closes for a week or two in November to install the overlay and then again in early January to remove it.
              Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: When Will Rides be Down?

                Originally posted by flickor View Post
                They use the other boat in place of the boat getting oiled. So you might get the weekend only boat on a Wednesday like we did.
                There are two Mark Twains? Or are your speaking about Columbia vs. Mark Twain?

                ---------- Post added 07-07-2012 at 10:25 AM ----------

                Originally posted by GraceLovesGoofy View Post
                I called Disney Guest information 714-781-4565 the other day with a question about Mickey's Halloween parties going on during our visit in October. While I was on hold refurb info was given that mentioned Haunted being down for its overlay and also Case Jr Train and Storybook Land Canal Boats during Sept and Oct. There were a couple others I think, nothing major, but you can call and get the whole message if you want.
                Thx! I did just that!

                BTW, Space, Sept 10-13... only three days for the overlay. Is this normal? Or are they getting faster for it? I always thought all overlays took 1-3 weeks. hmmmm...
                Last edited by JMazz; 07-07-2012, 10:27 AM.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: When Will Rides be Down?

                  Columbia usually only runs on the weekend (atleast when i go in september) but they use the Columbia during the week when the Mark Twain is getting the deck redone.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: When Will Rides be Down?

                    Originally posted by JMazz View Post
                    BTW, Space, Sept 10-13... only three days for the overlay. Is this normal? Or are they getting faster for it? I always thought all overlays took 1-3 weeks. hmmmm...
                    I think last year that's how long it took to take it down. I mean, all they're really doing is putting up the projectors and changing the music, right? I wonder if they even take the projectors down during the rest of the year.

                    Comment

                    Get Away Today Footer

                    Collapse
                    Working...
                    X