Is anyone else disappointed by Goofy's Instant Concert ?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Madteacups77
    New MiceChatter
    • Jul 2012

[Review] Is anyone else disappointed by Goofy's Instant Concert ?

Hi I just recently saw Goofy's Instant Concert and was really disappointed with it. Without all the lights and lasers it seems really underwhelming because usually Disney always captivates us. My kids even left before the show was done to do other rides. Anyone else feel this way? It is confusing to me because the Bellagio Fountains which function at daylight too never fail to captivate me and my family. Here is a video of Bellagio's singing in the rain daytime performance(srry about the sound the person who recorded this did not capture the sound well because in real life the sound is flawless

compared to Gooby's instant concert

Does anyone else feel this way ?!
    Last edited by Madteacups77; 07-09-2012, 02:58 PM.
    Proud visitor of
    Tokyo Disney Sea Disneyland Disney California Adventure Tokyo Disneyland

• Quentin
    MaliBOOMer
    • Jul 2011

Re: Is anyone else disappointed by Goofy's Instant Concert ?

Goofy's show is supposed to be small.
    Favorite Ride: Tower of Terror

Comment

• JerrodDRagon
      Adventure First, Ad Last
      • Mar 2006

I love it ten million times more then the other cuddy shows they have had in that location....

Its like a 5 min little Goofy Cartoon right in the parks, its just a fun distraction not suppose to be a BIG show
      Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

• Madteacups77
        New MiceChatter
        • Jul 2012

Originally posted by Quentin View Post
        Goofy's show is supposed to be small.
        Small does not mean underwhelming. Isn't Goofy's instant Concert supposed to be like the Bellagio Fountains at daytime? Something to enjoy as you are just walking along that makes you stop but only briefly?
        Proud visitor of

Comment

• DisneyIPresume
          Beach Expert
          • Sep 2006

If they took out Goofy and put in a better, less cartoony score it would be much better. But perhaps they did this on purpose so as not to detract from the grandeur of WOC.

Comment

• brenden
            Banned User
            • Jun 2007

I think we're just conditioned to expect more out of those fountains. Thanks, World of Color.

Comment

• goldenstate5
              • May 2005

1) The video of Goofy's Instant Concert that you compare to the Bellagio fountains is 100% unfair, as it's a totally obstructed view. Without Goofy in the way the entire time, it's pretty impressive.
              2) Remember that in the video shown, the Bellagio fountains doing their thing in the day is pretty much their only trick. Instant Concert is designed to be a small cute show that puts on a somewhat wacky water show.
              3) The show isn't meant to be elegant and epic, it's meant to be goofy, like the character hosting it. It's comedy with dancing fountains.
              4) There's many other variations of the instant concert as well.

I've heard people who have even disliked Cars Land to find this new show charming, so you gotta be in the minority here.

Comment

• Madteacups77
                New MiceChatter
                • Jul 2012

Originally posted by goldenstate5 View Post
                1) The video of Goofy's Instant Concert that you compare to the Bellagio fountains is 100% unfair, as it's a totally obstructed view. Without Goofy in the way the entire time, it's pretty impressive.
                2) Remember that in the video shown, the Bellagio fountains doing their thing in the day is pretty much their only trick. Instant Concert is designed to be a small cute show that puts on a somewhat wacky water show.
                3) The show isn't meant to be elegant and epic, it's meant to be goofy, like the character hosting it. It's comedy with dancing fountains.
                4) There's many other variations of the instant concert as well.

I've heard people who have even disliked Cars Land to find this new show charming, so you gotta be in the minority here.
                I think it is a 100% fair comparison. Both are in broad daylight with sunny skies and both are from the center of there respective lagoons. I'm sorry I thought Goofy was part of the show so I thought it would be unfair not to include him in the video. I can get another video without Goofy but it really makes no difference in how impressive the show is. I don't see how Goofy makes the show less impressive but anyways... I'm confused by what you meen about the Bellagio fountains doing their thing in the day is pretty much their only trick because it is has thousands of lights that shine on the water at night. I didn't say I was the majority, everyone has different opinions and I am just stating that for me it was rather underwhelming compared to other water shows I have seen.

I replaced the original video with a video that shows a direct view of the show... with sunny skies and high quality so you cannot complain about it being an "unfair comparison"
                Last edited by Madteacups77; 07-09-2012, 03:01 PM.
                Proud visitor of

Comment

• Poisonedapples
                  Sock Puppet
                  • Jan 2011

Iwasn't disappointed in it, but it does need something else.. it waskinda plain..

Comment

• jasmineray
                    MiceChatter
                    • Jun 2012

It's not supposed to be overwhelming and spectacular. Just a simple, cute show.
                    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

Comment

• mickeyfan42
                      MiceChatter
                      • Jan 2010

you have to at least prefer this small show with the fountains compared to the last daytime show that used the fountains (Disney Channel Rocks)
                      Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
                      July 13th-18th
                      November 19th-25th

Comment

• ArielRocks
                        New MiceChatter
                        • Apr 2011

Originally posted by mickeyfan42 View Post
                        you have to at least prefer this small show with the fountains compared to the last daytime show that used the fountains (Disney Channel Rocks)
                        This

Comment

• flynnibus
                          MiceChatter
                          • Jun 2006

the show is goofy, the announcer, and the fountains are the gag.

I didn't even focus on the fountains for the show. It's like focusing on the hammer used in the gags in the cartoons themselves.

This is a live performance using the fountains. Where something like the Bellagio IS the fountains.. and they use scale to make the impression. Belliago is more about scale and movement.. Goofy's show is a gag show.

Different flavors of entertainmnet
                          Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
                          Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Originally posted by sleepyjeff
                          Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

Comment

• squeemu
                            New MiceChatter
                            • Oct 2006

The purpose this show serves is to be something that people who are passing by stop and watch for a few minutes. It's not supposed to be something people line up for for hours to see.

My wife and I were sitting on a bench in the area and the show came on while we were sitting there. I was quite satisfied with the show and felt that, even though it was just a simple comedy show, it added to the overall experience of our day. Not everything has to be jaw dropping amazing.

Comment

• gomezaddams
                              MiceChatter
                              • Dec 2011

I think that you may be missing the point. The focus of the show is not on the fountains, but is on Goofy. The fountains are a prop for the character. Way back in the 1940's there was a series of cartoons featuring Goofy. Most of these were relatively low budget productions since the US was involved in World War II. The Disney Studios were actively involved in that effort. There was little manpower or supplies. The studios still put forth entertaining cartoons for the people at home.
                              If you look at these cartoons, they are very simple by Disney standards. There is usually only a single animation in front of a simple flat background. Animation sequences were reused during the normal 7 or 8 minute duration.
                              My guess is that you are not in the target demographic of the show, which seems to be aimed at Grandma & Grandpa who remember those cartoons either at the movies or on their Black & White Philco television. Remember that Goofy is in a tux & the water is bereft of any lighting.
                              Not every attraction or show is aimed at every guest. There are attractions which terrify some individuals, others which will bore some people to tears. There is a portion of the guests who are completely underwhelmed with the Mad T Party & its previous incarnations.

If you were to zip on over to Youtube, watch a number of those old cartoons from the 40's, & then, when you are next at the park, watch the Instant Concert again & focus on Goofy. You might see what the intention of the show actually is. It is a short charming tribute to another place in time.
                              Last edited by gomezaddams; 07-09-2012, 04:42 PM.
                              Skiddley Whiffers is a cruel mistress; cold and unforgiving.

Comment

• Coolwowzer
                                Disneyland Original '55
                                • Jun 2012

I love the Show just saying it wasnt mind blowing like WOC but it was better than not having nothing in the lagoon or having Disney Chanel Rocks
                                Enter into new Frontiers of Fantasy....... Today.......... Tomorrow.................Forever.........

Comment

• Pinrar
                                  MiceChatter
                                  • Aug 2011

Belagio fountains were built for day time shows. The huge fountains make up for the day time setting.

WOC system was designed for night time shows with the colors more the focus than the water. The water is just a medium for the color and video to utilize. Now that the water is front in center, its obvious that it wasn't going to be as spectacular. There was really nothing they could have done. Its just fine for what it is considering it is using a system not designed for this sort of thing.

Plus the Bellagio fountains are far away and visible from anywhere. WOC is right on your face. Probably a reason why they don't use the huge water cannons during goofy's thing.
                                  In the quest for quality, I have no problem with the characters footing the bill.

Comment

• Dillamond
                                    MiceChatter
                                    • Mar 2012

It's not fair to compare Goofy's show to Bellagio's grand spectacular because both shows are on two different scales. One was designed particularly to be a nighttime spectacular, and the second was purely for provide something fun (and cooling!) that could be easily be played several times a day to a hot crowd that would probably love to see some form of a water show. It's not a fountain show per say, more of just a fun little display that adds to the environment and gets everybody into the Disney mood.

Just because the show involves fountains doesn't automatically make it comparable to WoC or Bellagio. That would be like comparing any stage show Disney puts out there in the parks to a Broadway show just because there's music, dance, and pretty sets and costumes involved.

Comment

• Krack
                                      Banned User
                                      • May 2008

The jets are retracting now, right? Because I can't imagine a bigger eyesore than what you see in that video.

Comment

• greeeneyes17
                                        MiceChatter
                                        • Apr 2012

I was disappointed as well.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X