This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trip Report Really Dirty Screens

I was at DCA yesterday and was so disappointed when I rode on Soarin. The past couple of times I have been, I have gone to the ride on the right. I have noticed that the screen was dirty and needed cleaning, but it wasn't horrible. Yesterday I rode the ride on the left and so disappointed in the condition of the screen and the film. The screen so dirty that it was distracting and ruined the enjoyment of the ride. There were spots all over it that affected the whole emersion into the experience. Additionally, there was also a problem with the film just up to the right of the center of the screen where it would flicker and get blurry. It was such a distraction and it kept pulling my eye there instead of to where the action was.

Does anyone know how often Disney cleans the screens? It is a really involved process? Do they have any plans in the near future to do some maintenance on this ride? It really needs it.

At it's current state, I really don't want to ride it. It's one of my favorite rides, but right now, it's just not very enjoyable.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Re: Really Dirty Screens

I noticed the black spots too. I wasn't sure if it was dirt or rips in the screen. It is a distraction for sure.

Comment

I have not seen it in DCA but was just in EPCOT and it was so dirty huge black dust strips down the entire screen. It really kills the effect!
      BGood! It's not just my motto its my name!

Comment

Project Sparkle!

sigpic

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

Comment

noticed it last Saturday. Man this attraction needs a refurb bad.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
          Working...
          X